Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#76 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:58 PM
We don't mean the ability to drag. We mean testingcheats always being enabled.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:17 PM
I discovered that the sims3 have took steps backwords in some things.
My preg sim never looked preg, she changed her clothes to prego clothes but no belly? also she walked like a stick was stuck up her blank blank.
and the baby animation is from sims1 almost.
I don't miss the walking to the freg to get the bottles, and leaving bottles laying everywhere, but the animation of changing the diaper was cute, and more real.
It all saves time, and being a single mom, I guess its good.

I think that the base game should be as real as it can be, when was it that EA forgot this? (IE burger,cheese,egg plants? lol).
The unreal stuff should come in EP that way you can add it if you want.
I can over look the plants (start working on cows/chickens that can be butchered or collected not harvested lol)
But no belly? the backack is cool, but whats making the back hurt? there is no belly! lol
all that being said I love the animation at the hospital, all tho Im sure I will stay home next time. it was really cool that the father showed up at the hospital (locale policeman in uniform lol) and stayed with her, and went home with her and the baby, (I had to invite him in and to stay the night).
also the baby already had a relationship with the father without interaction.
Still no proposal from the father, and no option for a proposal for the mother, I can ask to move in, but I didn't want that. oh and hes rich hehe.
anyone know if I can marry him? because he is npc?
He is a family man, and not married.
Test Subject
#78 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 7:32 PM
I discovered that sims can have TRIPLETS?!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:27 AM
Well, I adopted a baby girl the other day and well, she turned into a toddler and I noticed that she has 9 traits...I thought that you were only suppose to have five, but she literally has nine of them and I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what...
Test Subject
#80 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:41 AM
I noticed that one of the ghosts in the graveyard is a coward, and passes out about every twenty minutes at the sight of another ghost.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:41 AM
I discovered that my busses in Riverview are black with red striping down the side! Awesome!
Test Subject
#82 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:58 AM
I discovered the by using testingCheatsenabled true + ctrl + left mouse button and clicking on a sim who is not in my household i can switch between house. I know its not new, but i thought it was cool,lol.
Test Subject
#83 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
I discovered Cornelia Goth and Agnes Crumplebottom are sisters.

Verrrry interesting...
Test Subject
#84 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaRang
I discovered the by using testingCheatsenabled true + ctrl + left mouse button and clicking on a sim who is not in my household i can switch between house. I know its not new, but i thought it was cool,lol.

Does this kill the opportunities and wishes like the edit town method does?
This may save some hassle
Instructor
#85 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rob6raham
Does this kill the opportunities and wishes like the edit town method does?
This may save some hassle

I'm about 70% sure the ability to do that comes with Awesome mod which also saves inventories and wishes and opportunities.
Duck Defender
#86 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryFanFiction
That if you press Control and a number at a location, then go somewhere else, press the number and you'll quickly cam over to the lot again. So very useful!

Don't the numbers control speed?

Which numbers are bindable?
Test Subject
#87 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:24 AM
I learned that I can hate a baby. My Sim had a baby who was born evil. The little devil was happy that is mother was upset that his father had just died and he was even happier when his Mother died. As a toddler the house kept catching on fire, stupid babysitter would light the fireplace everyday! The toddler would sit there among the flames laughing and watching tv...talk about evil.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by w8tin
I learned that I can hate a baby. My Sim had a baby who was born evil. The little devil was happy that is mother was upset that his father had just died and he was even happier when his Mother died. As a toddler the house kept catching on fire, stupid babysitter would light the fireplace everyday! The toddler would sit there among the flames laughing and watching tv...talk about evil.

That is so awesome.
Instructor
#89 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redeemed Life
Don't the numbers control speed?

Which numbers are bindable?

It's numbers 5-0.
Scholar
#90 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:35 AM
Sims with 1 mechanical skill point can tinker with items and have them upgrade randomly (boost channels, wire house speakers, unbreakable, etc...)

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Field Researcher
#91 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:37 AM
It's not exactly a new discovery, but I do love how sims do what I often feel like doing when chatting, namely headdesking repeatedly.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:43 AM
Yes, I was playing with my "Family Man" and decided to have him try out chatting online, and as I was watching himhe started bashing his face against the keys a few times before continuing. It was hilarious.
Test Subject
#93 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsuncensored
My preg sim never looked preg, she changed her clothes to prego clothes but no belly? also she walked like a stick was stuck up her blank blank.

Still no proposal from the father, and no option for a proposal for the mother, I can ask to move in, but I didn't want that. oh and hes rich hehe.
anyone know if I can marry him? because he is npc?

What I like is that the mother doesn't look pregnant right away, but her belly will slowly grow bigger during the pregnancy. Much more realistic.

Also, to get the option to marry someone, you need to "warm them up", as in using a lot of romantic interactions until you get the option. NPC's should work fine too.
Instructor
#94 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:58 PM
You can expand queue items by dragging the right side (if it has two bars) out.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Test Subject
#95 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 3:41 PM Last edited by niloc : 26th Jun 2009 at 4:13 PM. Reason: adding text
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
I discovered that some of the metal textures work great for creating faded jeans.

And satin sheets and quilts
I also found out after rummaging through garbage bins, you can center on a comunity lot (i use the park) and drop off the rubbish and the old news papers.it seemed fitting for my evil klepto to do
Field Researcher
#96 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NanaGirotti
What I like is that the mother doesn't look pregnant right away, but her belly will slowly grow bigger during the pregnancy. Much more realistic.

Also, to get the option to marry someone, you need to "warm them up", as in using a lot of romantic interactions until you get the option. NPC's should work fine too.

Hmm I must have a bug, my sim never looked prego.
then again she is chunky and dosen't look fat at all. could be why she had no belly.
I will try working on there relationship longer, I think I was prob going from frindly/funny/romance back and forth, prob why I don't get new options, you would think that marrage ops would show up before, or adleast with the woohoo.lol
thanks
Field Researcher
#97 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 4:54 PM
This isn't new, but I hadn't posted it yet, and its worth shareing.

Back when I first started playing, my garden had got to much for my sims, she was working morning to morning.
I didn't want to marry her yet, so I adopted a kid, thats when I found that kids cant garden. so I had a kid I didn't want, yea I felt bad for it, but I started adnoring the kid. figered the social worker would take her away.
also didn't relize that they wont sleep in other sims beds, so she was getting no sleep.
I was leaving the house and leaving her alone all day. after a few days and no social worker, I was out in town and notice that the child had went to school.
I zoomed in on the school and she was standing outside the school, and I guess a teacher or social worker was standing there with her, I guess he was trying to get her to come inside, and she was prob telling him how bad her life was, and what a horid mother I was.
Then I seen her riding someones bike home, guess she stolled it.

It is no longer the players option if the kid stays home from school, if you send them to school in a bad mood, they will decide to play hooky on there own. very cool
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:40 PM
I just found out (not while playing though but who cares) that eating certain fruit during the pregnancy improves your chances of getting a baby of specific gender (3 apples if you want a boy, 3 watermelons (or slices?) if you want a girl) and watching kids channel and listening to kids music improves your chances of getting multiples
Test Subject
#99 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:59 PM
I noticed that sims with business suits as their everyday outfit like my Murray Hewitt (Flight of the Conchords) and Michael Bluth (Arrested Development) will change it to something else when you switch to a different household. Those jerks. Now I'm afraid to leave Stephen Colbert alone.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:02 PM
I discovered that I can play sims for 1 minute without it turning itself of It was totally normal earlier! And then it got worse and worse, and the patch killed it!! ;__;

ingeborgsk
Page 4 of 490