Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#1726 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:59 AM Last edited by aurica : 31st May 2011 at 4:20 PM.
It seems like the things I am most looking forward to are going to be available whether or not I buy generations. I had initially thought that by not including pre-made sims and a new world they are going to be focussed on making this expansion really beefy. But it turns out that isn't the case and the effort they seem to put in feels half-hearted..

Quote: Originally posted by emino
Well, they did try that in TS2, and it was horrible. Horrible!!!

If it's crap, then you'll probably be here again nagging on how much it crapped.

Townie sims pee themselves though. This much I know from Late Night. :P

I don't know about you, but I enjoyed the restaurants in TS2 vastly, dating and restaurants were quite defining moments for me in TS2.

I much prefer EA to include the feature, nvm the fact that they might mess it up a bit. Thats where our nagging comes in and through that feedback they can improve from there. Its much better than scrapping the entire feature just because some people perceived it as a horrible experience.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1727 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:52 PM
I have to say, that the more I hear about the actual gameplay in Generations, the less I'm interested in it. Sure, there can be great things like more stuff for kids (which I personally like a lot) but still... It all makes me want to play S2 more than ever.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Field Researcher
#1728 Old 31st May 2011 at 2:59 PM
Recieved my copy a few hours ago Good 'ole Amazon.

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Field Researcher
#1729 Old 31st May 2011 at 4:31 PM Last edited by JackJess : 31st May 2011 at 4:54 PM.
Some pics for y'all
Also, yes! The custom content filters do filter package files!
Screenshots

Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
Lab Assistant
#1730 Old 31st May 2011 at 4:42 PM
I have a question for those of you who have it and have tested this..

I saw on Sims VIP that maternity clothing has been expanded with all of the Generations clothing. To clarify, does this mean that ONLY the NEW clothing that comes with Generations can be used as maternity, or do all of the shirts/outfits double as maternity?
Test Subject
#1731 Old 31st May 2011 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackJess
Recieved my copy a few hours ago Good 'ole Amazon.

waaahhhttt??? lucky!!!! -_- :P

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Field Researcher
#1732 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:13 PM
Question:

How do age sliders work? Do the ages have to add up to 90 days?

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Lab Assistant
#1733 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:21 PM
I'm downloading my copy now. I'll try to answer some questions people have.
Forum Resident
#1734 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoSombra
Question:

How do age sliders work? Do the ages have to add up to 90 days?

No; you pick your own lengths for each age stage and it adds up to a random number, for example 72 days. You have complete control.
Forum Resident
#1735 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I think since the first song is only a minute long, that could be the new loading screen music.
As far as I can tell, there is no loading music for GEN. I continue to cycle between LN and base themes.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Field Researcher
#1736 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Element Leaf
As far as I can tell, there is no loading music for GEN. I continue to cycle between LN and base themes.

There is new music for loading a new town though It's quite cool.

Field Researcher
#1737 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
No; you pick your own lengths for each age stage and it adds up to a random number, for example 72 days. You have complete control.

I have complete control?

I have the power?

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ahem.

Thank you.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Field Researcher
#1738 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:12 PM
Anyone know how to get the imaginary friend in a family where's already a toddler? Is it buyable?

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Field Researcher
#1739 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dancehallsim
I have a question for those of you who have it and have tested this..

I saw on Sims VIP that maternity clothing has been expanded with all of the Generations clothing. To clarify, does this mean that ONLY the NEW clothing that comes with Generations can be used as maternity, or do all of the shirts/outfits double as maternity?

Only the new clothes.
Scholar
#1740 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae
Anyone know how to get the imaginary friend in a family where's already a toddler? Is it buyable?

I guess you can buy it on buydebug? Not sure.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1741 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:30 PM
No, you cannot.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#1742 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:44 PM
Patch 1.22 have been released.

To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes:

Base Game Updates

· Y You can now collect Memories of significant moments in your Sims’ lives in the new Scrapbook. Custom Memories can also be created using the Capture This Moment tool. All Memories can be uploaded and shared on TheSims3.com and Facebook!

· Y You can now adjust the lifespan length for each individual phase of life that a Sim goes through via the Options menu.

· L Live Mode

Sims can now ask other Sims out on dates!
Sims will now be given a Romantic Reputation based on their social interactions in the local dating scene.

· CCreate a Sim

Body hair can now be applied on male Sims, from head to toe!

· BBuild/Buy Mode

Players can now use the Catalog Filter in Build and Buy Mode to sort Content from different installed Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs, as well as content from The Sims 3 Store.

World Adventures

Additional bug fixes and polish to existing features

Ambitions

Late Night

Generations

So the notes can tell what is happening with the base game, but the EP's get an "Additional bug fixes and polish to existing features" response? Why can't we know what is fixed in the EPs? That peeves me off.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#1743 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
No, you cannot.

Oh, that's sad then. I don't like story progression nor aging (call me oldschool, but I don't want my sims mixing with fugly EA sims) so It'll take a while for me to see the imaginary friend.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1744 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:47 PM
Honestly, the game did fill a bit more while while playing. I didn't notice any bugs. I'm sure they didn't fix them all though.

I wonder what Polish they gave to the game. Hmmm...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#1745 Old 31st May 2011 at 8:51 PM
Memories and adjustable lifespans were basically the selling points of this EP to me. But now, I get them for free. Thank you so much, EA!
Mad Poster
#1746 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:00 PM
Dag nab it! 644MB!! WTF! This better update all my EPs and SP or I will be very angry wasting all this time downloading this dumb patch. Where are the manual downloads?

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#1747 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Patch 1.22 have been released.

To install this update, please start your game and use the “Updates” tab in your Launcher.

This game update includes:

Base Game Updates

· Y You can now collect Memories of significant moments in your Sims’ lives in the new Scrapbook. Custom Memories can also be created using the Capture This Moment tool. All Memories can be uploaded and shared on TheSims3.com and Facebook!

· Y You can now adjust the lifespan length for each individual phase of life that a Sim goes through via the Options menu.

· L Live Mode

Sims can now ask other Sims out on dates!
Sims will now be given a Romantic Reputation based on their social interactions in the local dating scene.

· CCreate a Sim

Body hair can now be applied on male Sims, from head to toe!

· BBuild/Buy Mode

Players can now use the Catalog Filter in Build and Buy Mode to sort Content from different installed Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs, as well as content from The Sims 3 Store.

World Adventures

Ambitions

Late Night

Generations

So the notes can tell what is happening with the base game, but the EP's get an "Additional bug fixes and polish to existing features" response? Why can't we know what is fixed in the EPs? That peeves me off.

I dont have it

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Scholar
#1748 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:13 PM Last edited by bassoon_crazy : 31st May 2011 at 9:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by qpldmff
Memories and adjustable lifespans were basically the selling points of this EP to me. But now, I get them for free. Thank you so much, EA!

I know, right?

I was wondering if the final patch was actually going to have all of this in it... It's true. :o

For me, there really isn't any need to buy the EP at all...ever...

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Inventor
#1749 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:43 PM
The patch didn't show up for me either.
Mad Poster
#1750 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:12 PM
Did you bring up the EADM? My launcher will not update unless I start up the EADM with it.

Well it only updated the base game and Generations. I have find manual downloads to update my other EPs and SP. Hope I don't have a problem with Ambitions again.

Page 70 of 73