Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One Minute Ninja'd
#2176 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
...I'm evidently acquiring quite a reputation as the go-to guy for utterly baffling sims, aren't I?

Sidenote: If your sim is in fact pregnant with Death's bastard child even though that's meant to have been patched out, I assume there's still a possibility that it might be born with no skin data and therefore appear like a walking shadow. If that does happen, run with it. Give it the glowing eye contacts accessory on here. Name it something sinister. You have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spawn a monstrosity that should not be, don't waste it!

I did exactly that once myself. And it resulted in this.

See, I knew you were the go-to guy for this sort of stuff. I knew you probably were the one person who would actually have experience with an offspring of Grimy's. Consider it a compliment. Seriously.

Just promise to let us know if you'll be visiting this continent on vacation or anything, so we can all disperse to secret, secure locations, with really thick blast doors, before your arrival.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2177 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Now you see what happens when you play "legit". Those cheats are there for a reason. And now your sim will bear Death's offspring.

You might want to introduce the spawn to Mingham, he's bound to have a good match for that kid.

...I'm evidently acquiring quite a reputation as the go-to guy for utterly baffling sims, aren't I?

Sidenote: If your sim is in fact pregnant with Death's bastard child even though that's meant to have been patched out, I assume there's still a possibility that it might be born with no skin data and therefore appear like a walking shadow. If that does happen, run with it. Give it the glowing eye contacts accessory on here. Name it something sinister. You have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spawn a monstrosity that should not be, don't waste it!

I did exactly that once myself. And it resulted in this.

Holy crap both of you game me hope that this is indeed something amazing. Welp if my game doesnt crap itself in the progress I might as well. Ill update when the baby comes
Top Secret Researcher
#2178 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:08 AM
If I remember correctly, Grim Reaper offspring will either inherit the human parent's skintone or appear entirely black like a shadow, the chance of either being somewhat random. If it comes out normal-looking, though, do still raise it as a distinctly unusual character- its father is still the Grim Reaper, after all. Perhaps make it into somebody like Nervous Subject in TS2 if that happens- he was heavily implied to be the product of a human/Death fling.
Test Subject
#2179 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:37 AM
If I remember correctly, Grim Reaper offspring will either inherit the human parent's skintone or appear entirely black like a shadow, the chance of either being somewhat random. If it comes out normal-looking, though, do still raise it as a distinctly unusual character- its father is still the Grim Reaper, after all. Perhaps make it into somebody like Nervous Subject in TS2 if that happens- he was heavily implied to be the product of a human/Death fling.

/longpost lol

Hahahaha okay I wish it would have been awesome, I dont even know what it looks like. I got my sim to bed (exhausted) when suddenly she cancels the action stands there immobile doing SOMETHING because even though there was nothing in the queue the game gave me the option of "Ultra speed through action" so after like a sim DAY of her just standing there I get the "its a boy" buff and my sim passes out of exhaustion. Okay I look at the boxes to the left and this empty box appears underneath my sim box, I click on it and the plumbob appears at a graveyard (Silent hill map) halfway across town, HOWEVER, theres nothing underneath it. I can still interact with it (feed,hold, play with etc) my sim wakes up from her slumber and I get her to go pick up the darned thing (she JOGS there fyi cause a 100k car means nothing to her) she picked the "baby" up played with him a couple times and brought him back home. I thought that maybe the game hadnt loaded the baby yet so I saved, quitted and came back to it. Edit: I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE "BABY" STILL DIDNT SHOW UP SORRY BOUT THAT . I bought a crib for the baby and i sent my sim to put him there when the damned game crashes. I tried clicking the game again and it wouldnt open. I restarted my comp and the game opens (thank god) tried to open that game but the file that specific games is in appears corrupted, I go check my saves folder and as I guessed the save for it isnt there anymore. GREAT B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. I guess death really didnt want to pay that child support
Top Secret Researcher
#2180 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iPhone
/longpost lol

Hahahaha okay I wish it would have been awesome, I dont even know what it looks like. I got my sim to bed (exhausted) when suddenly she cancels the action stands there immobile doing SOMETHING because even though there was nothing in the queue the game gave me the option of "Ultra speed through action" so after like a sim DAY of her just standing there I get the "its a boy" buff and my sim passes out of exhaustion. Okay I look at the boxes to the left and this empty box appears underneath my sim box, I click on it and the plumbob appears at a graveyard (Silent hill map) halfway across town, HOWEVER, theres nothing underneath it. I can still interact with it (feed,hold, play with etc) my sim wakes up from her slumber and I get her to go pick up the darned thing (she JOGS there fyi cause a 100k car means nothing to her) she picked the "baby" up played with him a couple times and brought him back home. I thought that maybe the game hadnt loaded the baby yet so I saved, quitted and came back to it. I bought a crib for the baby and i sent my sim to put him there when the damned game crashes. I tried clicking the game again and it wouldnt open. I restarted my comp and the game opens (thank god) tried to open that game but the file that specific games is in appears corrupted, I go check my saves folder and as I guessed the save for it isnt there anymore. GREAT B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. I guess death really didnt want to pay that child support

Damn, I was hoping it was still possible to get this.

...But wait a minute. How does the adult reaper bastard I created last year still exist in my game without any problems like that cropping up? I never got rid of him. He's still hanging around somewhere in my town. Still listed as the son of Death. Still pitch-black and made of shadows.

Did I just break the laws of sim reality again?
Test Subject
#2181 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:45 AM

EA is just a party pooper I mean I would have loved to have death spawn go to school and everything that would have been kick ass.

Quote:

Well it could be my game, because my CD was scratched beyond recognition I was forced to resort to use a torrent and a crack. Maybe?
Site Helper
#2182 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:53 AM
You get the same Missing Skin effect if you delete a non-default custom skintone that was in use...

It seems a real shame that you didn't get a deathspawn, but if you download a non-default CC skin that you hate enough to use on one toddler before deleting it you can create your own deathchild. Create a YA ghost ( Supernatural patch allows that) and say that the Grim Reaper took his child, and the ghost decided to bring the child back to its mother.

@ Mingham Smith: I think it was iphone that broke the laws of Sim Reality.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#2183 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
You get the same Missing Skin effect if you delete a non-default custom skintone that was in use...

It seems a real shame that you didn't get a deathspawn, but if you download a non-default CC skin that you hate enough to use on one toddler before deleting it you can create your own deathchild. Create a YA ghost ( Supernatural patch allows that) and say that the Grim Reaper took his child, and the ghost decided to bring the child back to its mother.

About to install Supernatural and try this lol.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2184 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iPhone

Well it could be my game, because my CD was scratched beyond recognition I was forced to resort to use a torrent and a crack. Maybe?
You're new here, so I feel I should warn you that this site doesn't like talk of torrents and cracks. If you're gonna do it, remember the first rule of Fight Club: "You don't talk about Fight Club."
Test Subject
#2185 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
You're new here, so I feel I should warn you that this site doesn't like talk of torrents and cracks. If you're gonna do it, remember the first rule of Fight Club: "You don't talk about Fight Club."

Oh my thank you. I mean I did buy the game and I did use my key lol I just needed the software itself. I apologize.
Lab Assistant
#2186 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 6:48 AM Last edited by HerGoldenHair : 12th Feb 2013 at 7:25 AM.
While doing some testing without mods in, this happened:
YA son gets married. Son brings home new wife. Wife walks in the door, sees teenage brother-in-law, and immediately says, "We have so much in common. I'd love to get to know you better."
No!!!

Edit: I pollinated a Sim once to get Reaper offspring. It had mostly unexpected results.
The white toddler is the first result. After that I tried again, and ended up with the black skin. But I had to reload the game, and baby 2 was reborn with green skin, for some reason.

(By the way, the mother sim is the same one in this post. Obviously, she never actually managed to put out that fire.)
Screenshots

Intersecting modular stairs.
Test Subject
#2187 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 9:34 AM
My witch is always autonomously trying to cast love charms on her PARENTS. I sure hope they are platonic love charms.
Test Subject
#2188 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Melancolie
My witch is always autonomously trying to cast love charms on her PARENTS. I sure hope they are platonic love charms.

HOPE

Quote: Originally posted by HerGoldenHair
Edit: I pollinated a Sim once to get Reaper offspring. It had mostly unexpected results.
The white toddler is the first result. After that I tried again, and ended up with the black skin. But I had to reload the game, and baby 2 was reborn with green skin, for some reason.

(By the way, the mother sim is the same one in this post. Obviously, she never actually managed to put out that fire.)

Thats still a heck of a lot better than what I got :\
Lab Assistant
#2189 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 7:41 PM
Haha, yeah, it sounds like you got a lot of glitches! At least they were funny ones. xP

But like I said, I had to use MC's pollinate to get any result at all. I think getting pregnant by the Reaper was patched out in the first patch.

Yep, strange glitches.

Scholar
#2190 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 7:53 PM
Why would EA patch that out?!?!?!! That is the best thing I have seen/heard all my life! Maybe reaper babies will be an occult type in a future EP?

But then, the slogan is 'play with life'... I suppose it makes sense...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Lab Assistant
#2191 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 8:07 PM
Well congratulations, you've officially ruined that slogan forever. :P

Instructor
#2192 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 9:37 PM
Right after they woo-hoo'd. HE certainly had a good time at the slumber party... I don't think the same can be said for Cristin though.

---------

Just saw this at SimFest... Oh god...

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. *giggles*

---------

Has anyone here ever seen Oddities? If so, you probably know Edgar.
Well, I imagine this sim to have Edgar's voice.

"What's this, a gift...for ... me?"

"I'll just... take this.. Thank you..."
One Minute Ninja'd
#2193 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
Why would EA patch that out?!?!?!! That is the best thing I have seen/heard all my life! Maybe reaper babies will be an occult type in a future EP?

They made sure to patch out roasting unicorn dung over the fire pit like a marshmallow, too. But they let horses push through walls to get closer to their owners right NOW.

They probably have a special Guru, whose sole mission is to find the really funny stuff that actually got through "quality control" and stamp it out. It's the same Guru who always shoots down Santa's sled with a Stinger missile in Battlefield 3 every single Christmas Eve.
Mad Poster
#2194 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 11:37 PM

Not this time, sorry. :P

It is still perfectly possible to have children with the Grim Reaper - but only if you use Master Controller. I have a few Sims in my Simbin who needed a pitch black skintone from before Supernatural came out, so I used MC to make a random baby with the Reaper, save them to the bin and use as needed.

...Although I had to spawn like fucking fifty babies in order to make sure I got one with the black skintone.
Theorist
#2195 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 8:36 AM
So what's the chance of actually getting a black skin-toned Grimbaby anyway? The ones I got so far always have normal skintones...
Mad Poster
#2196 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 8:46 AM
No idea on actual percentages, but as I said, I had to spawn approximately fifty Grimmy babies, and about three of them had his black skin tone. I wasn't exaggerating. Before it was modded out, it was a hell of a lot easier; fuck Death, have twins, one would have his skin, one would have the mother's. Not any more, although admittedly I've no idea if that's coincidental or by design. Possibly by design since EA patched it out. Fuckers.
Lab Assistant
#2197 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 10:31 AM
This is what happens when you leave Sims alone for too long.

Note how the spoiled food is completely blocking the available counterspace. And no one thinks to clean it up. (Well, eventually someone did. But not soon enough to save the poor lady in the urn there)

Here's another one. Silly inept Sims.

"I can't reach the kid, there's a baby!"
They took turns for a while. One would complain about baby-on-the-floor while the other took time off to mourn, and then they'd switch. This continued until finally, the baby needed a diaper change... then they both went for her instead. xD
Really, I did try to help for a bit. I directed one of the Sims to pick up floorbaby. He did, then got the action in his queue to feed the kid, so naturally he had to put the baby down again. Yep, right back in front of the crib.

Kid: "But I'm hungry!"

Aww. Sorry, kid.
Screenshots

Instructor
#2198 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 1:55 PM

...But wait a minute. How does the adult reaper bastard I created last year still exist in my game without any problems like that cropping up? I never got rid of him. He's still hanging around somewhere in my town. Still listed as the son of Death. Still pitch-black and made of shadows.

Yep again nothing new to see here folks, just somebody breaking laws of sim-reality this isnt the first time its happened.
Site Helper
#2199 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
They made sure to patch out roasting unicorn dung over the fire pit like a marshmallow, too. But they let horses push through walls to get closer to their owners right NOW.

They probably have a special Guru, whose sole mission is to find the really funny stuff that actually got through "quality control" and stamp it out. It's the same Guru who always shoots down Santa's sled with a Stinger missile in Battlefield 3 every single Christmas Eve.

Actually he probably -is- the head of quality control. We are the beta testers. We post about glitches we are having fun with; he sees the posts; and makes a list of glitches the beta testers found so they can be fixed in the next patch.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#2200 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Actually he probably -is- the head of quality control. We are the beta testers. We post about glitches we are having fun with; he sees the posts; and makes a list of glitches the beta testers found so they can be fixed in the next patch.

He missed this one...
Screenshots
Page 88 of 321