Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 1:18 PM Last edited by KillingSpoon : 14th Sep 2008 at 11:57 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default (Sorta) Solved: boolProp AttractionScore Problem
I must be pretty dim, cause it seems like a stupid mistake..
I was playing around with boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true and was clicking things to see what they'd do and most of them seemed to not do anything. Of course, my curiosity was strong, but I thought I was smart in not saving the family after all of the 'changes' with boolProp.

This family was on vacation, and I guess I clicked AttractionScore on one of them (Kaien) since that's the boolProp error that comes up and it seemed to make the other adult sim (Elda) on the lot dissapear.

Well after freaking out really bad and not saving and then going back she was there and I thought I was relieved, but then she didn't have an aspiration icon (Hers was Knowledge) near her Wants and Fears; and I had to make her selectable. The game also won't let me do other aspiration-related things with her.

It's like making an NPC fixated to a community lot selectable but worse.
I constantly get error messages with both of them that look like the picture attached just with their first names interchanging in the same text every time I try to do things with them and most of all having them interact with each other.
I find I have to make their son Hiro do most of the things on the lot because his parents are useless.
I feel so stupid, feel free to tell me so. >.< But if you can help me that would be great. :3

[The photo was taken when the family was back in their own house]
Screenshots

[Rest in Peace, Sarah. Beloved Cat. 8/12/09]
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 4:19 PM
You most likely spawned an off world marker of some kind. Can you remember exactly what you clicked? You could try using the FFS Debugger from MATY to force errors on all on and off world items, but this may not help unless we know exactly what you've altered!

ETA: you could also attach one of those error logs to your post.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 12:04 PM
Default I figured out what I did, but still don't know how to fix it
Using the FFS Debugger didn't work at all..
Forcing errors on world things and off world things then everything over and over didn't change my Sim's problem.
I did find out what I clicked, though and how I went through things to get my Sim back.
I boolPropped Kaien and clicked 'Display' and then 'Debug - Calculate Attraction' which caused an error with Elda and I clicked (Reset or delete, it didn't matter) and she was gone from the lot and the family, although memories and friendships, etc. were still there. So I used the Tombstone of L and D to add her back to the family and that's where the Attraction Score errors keep coming from. And I guess since I wanted that family to go on vacation and I played them for like 4 hours beforehand, I just saved the family the way it was with Elda all messed up.
Screenshots

Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 12:15 PM
Killingspoon, did you try without your downloads folder in place?
If not, try that and see if that works. If it does, please use the following FAQ to find the problem:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...lp:Game_Problem
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 12:21 PM Last edited by KillingSpoon : 10th Sep 2008 at 12:27 PM.
Default Yep
I just tried that and, as it would normally do, it brought up the family with the Maxis defaults and no custom content, but it didn't help at all with the error message. :S

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 2:58 PM
Could you please attach the whole error log? Attach to your post, do not copy paste please.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:29 AM
Default :s!!
Sorry.
I never attached a log to a bulletin post before.
Since the log was about 80kb as .txt I put it in a zipped folder.
I hope this is better.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectError_N001_t439.zip (15.0 KB, 80 downloads) - View custom content

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 9:34 PM
Okay, try this: select Elda as the active sim, click on the lotdebugger and select memory> nuke attraction markers. Also try this on the sim named Kaien.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 6:50 AM Last edited by KillingSpoon : 12th Sep 2008 at 9:00 AM.
Default Nope
Alright..I tried that..And it worked for about..2 seconds..
But the ONLY thing that changed was that the error message didn't show once.
They could still only "Appreciate..." each other and Elda still didn't have an aspiration showing.
As soon as I had them choose an option on each other after that, the error logs came back.
So maybe nothing changed at all.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:51 AM
Hmmm, I'm out of ideas now! I've tested this option with sims in various hoods and I cannot replicate the errors that you are getting. In fact, I don't get errors at all by debug> calculate attraction, so I'm guessing that either you have spawned something else that is contributing to the errors or else you have something in your sim's inventories/ characters that is not helping.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 2:30 AM
Haha, well I've never had a problem like this in the Sims before, so I guess now I know if I were to have a problem, it'd be pretty complicated to fix. xD
Usually, when I spawn things after I'm done with them, I delete them..Of course, they could have caused the problem while being spawned.
And I should put Elda's vacation items in her inventory on a shelf and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I could always try making the same family again. It'd give me something to do. xD

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 9:55 AM
Well, attraction markers and other objects you can spawn are not visible objects- some are actually off world objects and can cause issues throughout the neighbourhood. I would recommend that you do not spawn objects that you do not understand- I'm not sure what you were actually trying to discover when calculating attraction anyway! One of the interactions in your error log prior to the attraction error was to do with hand held games, so it may be worth removing the handhelds from the sims to see if that makes a difference. Other than that I can only suggest attempting to move the sims to another lot to see if this will remedy the error.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 11:57 AM
I took your suggestions, and I also took suggestions from other people. Nothing has worked yet. I've been trying to fix this family for a while, so I just decided to replicate the family and get rid of the buggy one, since the problem was my own fault. Although it's taken a while to get them where the other family was, at least I didn't waste even more time trying to fix the errored family, with the possibility of messing up my entire game in the process. The new Shihoin family doesn't have the AttractionScore error (Mainly because I'm not pressing that button again) and they function like any other Sim family.
Thanks for all your help. I'm sorry my family didn't fix itself eventually. xD

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 4:10 PM
Aww, too bad we couldn't fix it, but well done for trying! I hope your new family will be very happy Don't forget to backup!
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 12:58 AM
Just in case anyone else comes across this thread with the same problem, I had the exact same issue and had my problem Sim use the RenewOrb to reset his aspiration. Then he was able to interact normally with his wife again.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 1:14 AM
@shantipoet - this thread's nine years old. On this forum bumping old threads like this is frowned upon. Don't do it again

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
@shantipoet - this thread's nine years old. On this forum bumping old threads like this is frowned upon. Don't do it again

But I'm pretty sure it's allowed if you're adding important information.
They appear to have found a way to fix the problem that couldn't be solved 9 years ago, "in case anyone else comes across this thread with the same problem."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:49 AM
D'oh, I didn't think of the Renew-u-senso-orb thing nine years ago!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Mar 2021 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shantipoet
Just in case anyone else comes across this thread with the same problem, I had the exact same issue and had my problem Sim use the RenewOrb to reset his aspiration. Then he was able to interact normally with his wife again.

Well its 2021 and thank God u write this a few years ago. Its literally what saved my household. I was using insimenator mods and 2 of my sims had this issue. Resetting their aspirations was an instant cure. THANK U!