Replies: 338 (Who?), Viewed: 143056 times.
Page 14 of 14
Test Subject
#326 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 8:38 PM Last edited by dimyl : 24th Oct 2020 at 9:08 PM. Reason: bad English
Hello everybody,

Sorry about my bad english. I am Turkish, so it is not so good.

First off all; I become insane because of this 4gb pach too. I tried eveything and read everything in almost all sims 2 forums about this. And it didin't work. My memory in log allways said 1024 MB. But I fix this like 4 seconds ago. I am not an expert but maybe my solution can help you too. And it is very easy.


Answer: I was launching my game with wrong way!

No. It is not a joke.

I take my Sims2EP9.exe from TSBin to my deskop. Applied 4gb pach again and again and again... In the end put it back to TSBin. And take a look to my short cut at Deskop for some reason that I don't know. (Right click to short cut > show file location) My file location is TSBin but my launch file is Sims2Launcher.exe !! I create a short cut from Sims2EP9.exe and launch with it. It worked. This is my log right now:

Log generated on 10/24/2020, 22:09

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 3628.800048Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 4096MB
User: Asus
Computer: DESKTOP-0445DJ6


I hope this will help you too.

Sorry for my bad English again.
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:30 PM
4GB Patch has to be applied on Sims2EP9.exe (or another executable if you don't own M&G Patck) after you move it to your desktop. It will not work while the file is in Program Files, as the patch will be blocked.
Forum Resident
#328 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimyl
Hello everybody,

Sorry about my bad english. I am Turkish, so it is not so good.

First off all; I become insane because of this 4gb pach too. I tried eveything and read everything in almost all sims 2 forums about this. And it didin't work. My memory in log allways said 1024 MB. But I fix this like 4 seconds ago. I am not an expert but maybe my solution can help you too. And it is very easy.


Answer: I was launching my game with wrong way!

No. It is not a joke.

I take my Sims2EP9.exe from TSBin to my deskop. Applied 4gb pach again and again and again... In the end put it back to TSBin. And take a look to my short cut at Deskop for some reason that I don't know. (Right click to short cut > show file location) My file location is TSBin but my launch file is Sims2Launcher.exe !! I create a short cut from Sims2EP9.exe and launch with it. It worked. This is my log right now:

Log generated on 10/24/2020, 22:09

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 3628.800048Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 4096MB
User: Asus
Computer: DESKTOP-0445DJ6


I hope this will help you too.

Sorry for my bad English again.



So, are you saying you did more than one application of the patch to the shortcut on your desktop ?

I followed all of the steps after downloading the patch and cannot get further than 2049 memory.

Does it help to cut and copy the patch more than once to the shortcut from the CSBin in the latest expansion pack in the C/(x86) EA Games file folder ?

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
#329 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 2:54 PM
Hi There!

I'm new here so please forgive me if this has already been asked and resolved! After watching Jessa's video, I applied the 4GB patch to my Sims2EP9.exe, loaded my game, quit my game and then checked my log file to which is said:

Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 2696MB

I then tried the "cutting and pasting" method from the TSBin to CSBin but then when I updated my shortcuts and tried to load the game, this message appeared:



Did this happen for anyone else? How can I open the game now?

(I use Ultimate Collection and I also have the Graphic Rules Maker applied)
Forum Resident
#330 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 4:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBluebell
Hi There!

I'm new here so please forgive me if this has already been asked and resolved! After watching Jessa's video, I applied the 4GB patch to my Sims2EP9.exe, loaded my game, quit my game and then checked my log file to which is said:

Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 2696MB

I then tried the "cutting and pasting" method from the TSBin to CSBin but then when I updated my shortcuts and tried to load the game, this message appeared:



Did this happen for anyone else? How can I open the game now?

(I use Ultimate Collection and I also have the Graphic Rules Maker applied)

I hope you can get some help for your game issue.
At least you are at 2696 ; I cannot get higher than 2048 no matter what I do.
I can however play the game.

I dragged the launcher from my EP9 which is Mansion & Garden, and from the CSBin shortcut on my desktop I reinstalled the 4GB patch.
This is after I cut and pasted from the TSBin to the CSBin in the C/Programsx86 folder where the game is installed.
It went from 1046 to 2048 and although I want to get to the 4096 I can still play and there's less crashing.

You might want to undo the previous steps and try to reinstall the fixes from a game shortcut on your desktop.
Then start the game from the shortcut on your desktop ?
Hope you can get some answers !

" Inama Nushif "
Forum Resident
#331 Old 27th Dec 2020 at 5:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimyl
Hello everybody,

Sorry about my bad english. I am Turkish, so it is not so good.

First off all; I become insane because of this 4gb pach too. I tried eveything and read everything in almost all sims 2 forums about this. And it didin't work. My memory in log allways said 1024 MB. But I fix this like 4 seconds ago. I am not an expert but maybe my solution can help you too. And it is very easy.


Answer: I was launching my game with wrong way!

No. It is not a joke.

I take my Sims2EP9.exe from TSBin to my deskop. Applied 4gb pach again and again and again... In the end put it back to TSBin. And take a look to my short cut at Deskop for some reason that I don't know. (Right click to short cut > show file location) My file location is TSBin but my launch file is Sims2Launcher.exe !! I create a short cut from Sims2EP9.exe and launch with it. It worked. This is my log right now:

Log generated on 10/24/2020, 22:09

=== Application info ===
Name: The Sims 2 EP9
Version: 1.17.0.66
Build: ReleaseSRT
=== Machine info ===
OS version: Windows NT 6.0
CPU: 3628.800048Mhz, Name:GenuineIntel, FPU:1, MMX:1
Memory: 4096MB
Free memory: 4096MB
User: Asus
Computer: DESKTOP-0445DJ6


I hope this will help you too.

Sorry for my bad English again.


I am going to try to reapply the patch to the shortcut on my desktop from the TSBin (that I pasted to the CSBin) and is now sitting on my desktop.
You did not apply the patch to the Sims2exe._Launcher, correct ?
Just the shortcut you pulled from the CSBin in EP9 ?
I am still at 2048.
Will keep re-applying it to the shortcut and see if that works.
Thanks.

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
#332 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 1:41 PM
I have another problem with my exe.files (?) Because they don't look as they should. I have the disc version (in swedish - the different looking file is mansion and garden stuff!)

What should I do? Nothing works and i suspect its because my files doesnt look as they should.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleilaxu3
I am going to try to reapply the patch to the shortcut on my desktop from the TSBin (that I pasted to the CSBin) and is now sitting on my desktop.
You did not apply the patch to the Sims2exe._Launcher, correct ?
Just the shortcut you pulled from the CSBin in EP9 ?
I am still at 2048.
Will keep re-applying it to the shortcut and see if that works.
Thanks.
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
#334 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 8:19 PM
^ It's still the "Sims2EP9.EXE" file you want to fix (the .EXE part is hidden). That's the same name for all languages.

The other one in Swedish is just a shortcut, that's not the one you want.
Test Subject
#335 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 9:59 PM Last edited by dimyl : 25th Feb 2021 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Add Picture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleilaxu3
I am going to try to reapply the patch to the shortcut on my desktop from the TSBin (that I pasted to the CSBin) and is now sitting on my desktop.
You did not apply the patch to the Sims2exe._Launcher, correct ?
Just the shortcut you pulled from the CSBin in EP9 ?
I am still at 2048.
Will keep re-applying it to the shortcut and see if that works.
Thanks.


Hello Tleilaxu3,

I am so sorry for very late reply.

Yes, I applied my Sims2.exe launcher but it wasn't work for me. So my steps are:

1 - I am using CD version. When I install M&G, game create a launcer. That launcher has a very big play button and it shows which stuffs and packs I have. I am not sure, if it is same with ultimate collection. But that launcer was my problem. Game cannot see 4gb patch because of launcer.

2 - First I applied Graphics Rules Maker. Link is here It is very easy to use

3 - I cut my Sims2EP9.exe from Tsbin and paste my deskop. And apply 4gb patch

4 - I cut my Sims2EP9.exe (which I applied 4gb patch) from deskop and paste back Tsbin.

5 - I deleted my deskop launcher. From my deskop, I didn't delete ist from my Tsbin.

6 - I create a short cut from my Sims2EP9.exe in Tsbin. I cut and paste that shortcut to my deskop.

(Optional) - Delete extra EA Games folder in Virtual disc. This is something I discover very late. My game broke because of H&M and Kitchen and Bath stuff. I uninstall the game but cannot install again. That's the time I find this way.

So if you are using Windows7 or upper, it create a copy of Sims 2 in a virtual disc. Go to your C: driver. search for name EA Games. If it will find multiple EA Games folder, you may have the same problem. One of EA Games folder should be at like this direction: C:Windows/.../AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Programfiles. Take a back up. And delete everything in it. It will refresh your game, when you next time enter in it. IDK if it helps or not, but as I find out, It does not give a harm.

Please let me know If this steps help you or not.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#336 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:10 PM
You're supposed to the fix on your "Sims2EP9.EXE" file.
Not the file for the Launcher.

You don't need the Launcher - when you've applied the fix to the "Sims2EP9.EXE" file, you can make a shortcut directly to this file (right-click, make shortcut, it will save the shortcut on your desktop). This bypasses the launcher, and you'll skip the launcher when you go play your game.

I don't know if the UC still has a launcher, but I can't see the launcher EXE, so I don't think it's there. If it was there, it's one of the first things I'd bypass. I know my CD games had it, and I hated the thing. I haven't used the Launcher since maybe 2007 or thereabout, ever since I figured out how easy it was to bypass.
Test Subject
#337 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
You're supposed to the fix on your "Sims2EP9.EXE" file.
Not the file for the Launcher.

You don't need the Launcher - when you've applied the fix to the "Sims2EP9.EXE" file, you can make a shortcut directly to this file (right-click, make shortcut, it will save the shortcut on your desktop). This bypasses the launcher, and you'll skip the launcher when you go play your game.

I don't know if the UC still has a launcher, but I can't see the launcher EXE, so I don't think it's there. If it was there, it's one of the first things I'd bypass. I know my CD games had it, and I hated the thing. I haven't used the Launcher since maybe 2007 or thereabout, ever since I figured out how easy it was to bypass.


You are correct. But I find out this very late. I mean very late. Like couple of months ago I hated it too. I just update my post.
Test Subject
#338 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 10:58 PM Last edited by dimyl : 25th Feb 2021 at 11:41 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by citronlemon
I have another problem with my exe.files (?) Because they don't look as they should. I have the disc version (in swedish - the different looking file is mansion and garden stuff!)

What should I do? Nothing works and i suspect its because my files doesnt look as they should.


Ok, this is unfortunetly normal. It was happend my H&M Stuff pack and Kitchen and stuff pack. I google it and find out, that this is happens some times and no body knows why.

There is 3 steps you have to do: Uninstall M&G If you cannot do this automatic, there is the link for manuel uninstall. Check your Virtual disc. Delete M&G file in it. Install M&G again. Before all of them Take a back up

If this steps does not work, let me know. I will find the forum links which helps me about it.
Test Subject
#339 Old 23rd Apr 2021 at 3:12 AM
Hi, so i saw that no one ever posted a fix for this so I'm going to ask about it again!

So I've applied the patch, but it isn't working properly. So, I go to cut the.exe file and paste in in my CSBin folder, and the launch it from there. However it won't launch and instead I get an error code that says "Core/Activation.dll" was not found, and that's why it couldn't execute the launch. I've tried maybe pasting it elsewhere, but I get the same pop-up.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Without it, I can't apply the patch :/
Page 14 of 14
Back to top