Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 9:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Black patches on my sims
I'm not sure if this has already been posted! I've checked the forums, and tried searching but I can't seem to find anything about this.

I've got these black, and white, patches on my sims. Not sure what's causing it, and appears on both EA and custom clothing and hair.

The black patches appear on the body, and the white patches usually on the hair.

It's frustrating, so please help!

I hope the images show!
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 10:04 AM
1) Copy your Neighbourhood file and paste it to the desktop so that you have a safe copy.
2) Drag your Downloads folder (and Saved Simsfolder if you have anything in there) to the desktop.
3) Run your game so that you can test it without your downloads.
4) Does the problem still exist? If not, do this: Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki If so, do this: Game Help:Game Problemwiki
5) Drag your Downloads and Saved Sims folders back after testing. Delete your neighborhood and put your safe copy in your Neighborhoods folder.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 12:22 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Nov 2020 at 12:33 PM.
That's not a blank patch, that's a "can't find texture" bald head, either from a bad skin or hair. As for the black and red patches, I'm guessing those are from a borked piece of clothing that act as a "default replacement" that puts texture on all female clothes (I've seen that happen a few times).

It's most likely one or more pieces of problem CC in your Downloads folder. Follow the guides in the above post. If you have default replacements, check those, too.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 2:51 PM
I would test to rule out that happening from just loading the game and running it on the wrong graphics card as I've had texture glitches like that sometime s if I forget to switch mt computer into gaming mode before loading the game as I've done once or twice and got graphics similar to that though mine wasn't as severe.
I'd also check for any very recently installed CC or default replacements that might've been installed just before this issue began to show up.I've had to do that when issues began showing up in my game after a recent install of new content which crashed my game on loading and I found the file causing the crashes and removed it.