Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 12:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Windowed Mode Too Small in Windows 10
This may have been answered before and sorry if it has been.

I just got around to installing Sims 2 on my laptop. I had no trouble installing it and it started with no issues. However, the window in windowed mode is so small that it's almost impossible to play the game. Is there some way of actually making the window larger?

My computer specs are:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
System Manufacturer LENOVO
System Model 81F5
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 9:33 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 1:04 PM
Did you change the ingame resolution? Try picking the largest.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 5:17 PM
Try to pick the resolution that matches whatever resolution your monitor is set at. For example, if your monitor is set to 1024 x 768, set your game to that same resolution.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 5:20 PM
And if none of the ingame ones are large enough (a lot of computers/laptops these days come with high resolutions like 4K and the like) you might have to edit the GraphicRules file to add in whatever resolution you want to play with.

https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-...solution-guide/

If you're using CDs, you find the file in the "\TSData\Res\Config" for the last EP you have in order of release (M&G if you have it, if not then AL).

(You can do this with the GraphicRulesMaker, too).