Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 6:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom skin ends at neck for one sim only
Hello. I have searched the forums for people who have had this same problem in the past, but none of the solutions seemed to fix the problem.

I have one sim who has a custom skin tone, her head is the color I want it to be but underneath her neck her skin is not the right color. Her skin used to be only one color but after she visited a community lot by herself this problem showed up and hasn't gone away.

I've tried changing her appearance in the mirror, changing her clothes multiple times, and fixing tans and burns with the bat box. I changed her skin tone with SimPE and with that skin it was all one color, but when I changed it back the problem was there again. She is the only sim who has this problem, everyone else in her family has the same skin tone but they are colored properly.

I have three photos. One is a previous photo of the sim before the skin problem showed up, one is of the problem itself, and the last one is a photo of her with some of her relatives to show that they do not have the same problem.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 7:25 PM
Have you tried deleting the cache files from documents > EA games > Sims 2 folder? (accessory.cache, groups.cache and if you've used bodyshop then cigen, also doesn't hurt to occasionally empty the thumbnails folder if the files there are very big) You still might have to change her look in mirror/wardrobe for it to change after that.

The other option I can think of is that the skin somehow got corrupted and the teen body texture went missing, redownloading it should hopefully help if that's the case.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 7:45 PM
Have you tried changing her clothes? Looks more like a body issue.

Could be something went wrong with the sim - resetting the skin in SimPE could probably help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
Have you tried deleting the cache files from documents > EA games > Sims 2 folder? (accessory.cache, groups.cache and if you've used bodyshop then cigen, also doesn't hurt to occasionally empty the thumbnails folder if the files there are very big) You still might have to change her look in mirror/wardrobe for it to change after that.

The other option I can think of is that the skin somehow got corrupted and the teen body texture went missing, redownloading it should hopefully help if that's the case.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately clearing cache and thumbnails doesn't seem to help. I am considering redownloading it but I want to look into some other options first. Again, thanks for telling me!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried changing her clothes? Looks more like a body issue.

Could be something went wrong with the sim - resetting the skin in SimPE could probably help.

How would I go about doing that? I know how to change a sim's skin color in SimPE but I've never heard of using it to reset the skin.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 2:39 AM
Changing the skin should work (as in setting the skin to for instance a default skin, and then setting it back to the custom skin).

I suppose you've tried changing her clothes already?

Aging up then down could potentially also work, but may have some potential side effects with wants and other things. As long as you stay clear of younger ages (and make sure the sim doesn't go in red aspiration) it's probably fine, though. You don't have to save if it doesn't work.