Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 3:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hoodchecker Relation + Memory errors on a Clean Hood as well as >300 character files
So I've recently started a few new neighbourhoods, mostly test ones and notice that oddly with all of Tarlia's clean templates I stil get a couple errors on Hoodchecker, the first is that I consistently got "Has Relation with self" or "invalid relation with XXXX" (Three pictures below of what I get), this is happening on a completely new neighbourhood where I create a family and move them in, play for 5 minutes and save. The other error is oddly after installing a clean template I've still had a ton of Tricou and Bluewater Village incorrect memory errors appear, I have all the clean stealthhoods and subhoods too.

Object files are all set to read only and shouldn't be modified at all, all dates are below 2008.

Another small thing I'm worrying about is the very low amount of character files, across two copies of one neighbourhood I've only gotten up to 293 character files, I'm noticing head-witches fail to cast a spell when trying to summon their cats, the 293 characters hasn't increased after adding subhoods or through normal play on a 2 day old neighbourhood, even adding CAS sims hasn't increased that amount! But yet hoodchecker comes up with no missing character files, I feel this might be related to the errors in Hoodchecker but I'm not sure.
As well as this it seems on my test neighbourhood adding characters works perfectly fine and the game adds the correct amount of character files each time I head into CAS, unlike my BDC neighbourhoods where it seems to cap at 293 even with Sims being added and created.

What's going on with my game?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 9:08 PM
Tarlia's Downtown and Bluewater has still a lot of memory errors and she suggested to run Hoodchecker right after adding these subhoods and before starting to play. Head witches fail to cast cats because you have nostrayrespawn mod. If you want them have cats, take out the mod, let them cast cats and after that you can add nostrayrespawn again into Downloads. Relations with self are common memory issues for Hoodchecker and you should not worry about that. Just clean them out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2021 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Tarlia's Downtown and Bluewater has still a lot of memory errors and she suggested to run Hoodchecker right after adding these subhoods and before starting to play. Head witches fail to cast cats because you have nostrayrespawn mod. If you want them have cats, take out the mod, let them cast cats and after that you can add nostrayrespawn again into Downloads. Relations with self are common memory issues for Hoodchecker and you should not worry about that. Just clean them out.

Ah, that works out then for the strays, thanks for telling me that, will probably remove if I want to spawn in a cat. Did notice a warning in hoodchecker after removing earlier errors and some playing, this time the errors involving SWAF: "A Sim does not exist 0x0657 has wants and fears" I have almost never seen those errors, especially not on such a new clean hood.