Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 9:39 PM Last edited by Simsfan2021 : 30th Mar 2021 at 9:56 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Small white dots on the back of sims' necks in bodyshop
Hello. Has anyone encounter little white dots on sims' necks when editing them in body shop? They are very noticeable on darker skin sims. As a test, I took all the cc (except her outfit) out of my downloads folder. Turns out it is the outfit itself. Any CC outfit that doesn't have a collar will give my sims white dots on their necks. The white dots don't appear on Maxis clothes.

How do I fix this problem? I am not a mesh expert, in fact I don't create CC, I usually download them here and TSR.

edit: they also appear if I use cc outfits with lower collars.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 10:36 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 30th Mar 2021 at 10:53 PM.
Taking a guess, I'd say it's likely there's a random painted dot on that part of the texture (or a white dot on the alpha texture). It should be fixable, but does involve SimPE and a picture editing program.

The eye texture shouldn't be anywhere else than the roundish bit up in the left corner on the UVmap I attached (on eye textures it's usually a rectangle). If there's texture anywhere else, it will show on the skin along with the eyes (eyes are technically a type of genetic "makeup").

(the picture looks black in the thumb, but it's really transparent with black lines - if you click on it, you see the lines a bit better).
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Taking a guess, I'd say it's likely there's a random painted dot on that part of the texture (or a white dot on the alpha texture). It should be fixable, but does involve SimPE and a picture editing program.

The eye texture shouldn't be anywhere else than the roundish bit up in the left corner on the UVmap I attached (on eye textures it's usually a rectangle). If there's texture anywhere else, it will show on the skin along with the eyes (eyes are technically a type of genetic "makeup").

(the picture looks black in the thumb, but it's really transparent with black lines - if you click on it, you see the lines a bit better).

Not sure if that is the problem. When I change to another custom outfit. the white dots disappear. It's weird.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 3:08 AM
For some reason I read it as the eyes being the problem (not sure why)

But still - it could be a texture issue for an item they're wearing (clothes or makeup of some sort - anything that overlaps the neck area either of the body or face area.

Have you noticed this problem ingame, too?

Do you have a link to an example sim or outfits where you get those white dots? It's easier to figure out what's causing the problem with some examples, or it's all guesswork.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
For some reason I read it as the eyes being the problem (not sure why)

But still - it could be a texture issue for an item they're wearing (clothes or makeup of some sort - anything that overlaps the neck area either of the body or face area.

Have you noticed this problem ingame, too?

Do you have a link to an example sim or outfits where you get those white dots? It's easier to figure out what's causing the problem with some examples, or it's all guesswork.

I messaged SynapticSims about the issue. Turns out it's some sort of bug in Body Shop. He has seen the "white dots" in his Body Shop as well. If you slowly rotate some sims at a certain angle, white dots will also show up around their mouth area. He told me the "white dots" are actually the light behind the sim. You are actually seeing through the tiny gaps in their neck.

It's one of those mysterious bugs that come packaged with Sims 2, similar to the infamous "glowy bright meshes" in CAS. Thankfully their necks look okay in CAS and in gameplay.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 12:39 PM
If it's a problem with joint assignments or vertex alignment, it's possible the gaps can be fixed, but it would have to be mesh by mesh, so it's a big job for something that might only show in Bodyshop.