Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2551 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 9:58 PM
Still here. Still pregnant.

I found a pretty bubble bath default retexture. I hope this link works because it took me ages to figure out how to link to a tumblr post on my phone
https://sims2ccfindsblog.tumblr.com...cement-ive-ever

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2552 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 10:14 PM
I love those bubbles! :lovestruc
If you haven't already, check out the rest of @PineappleForest 's stuff both on the tumblr and also on here:
https://modthesims.info/downloads/all/?u=10128708&p=1
My downloads folder is already stuffed with most of their content, but room for one more!
Forum Resident
#2554 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 10:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Still here. Still pregnant.

I found a pretty bubble bath default retexture. I hope this link works because it took me ages to figure out how to link to a tumblr post on my phone
https://sims2ccfindsblog.tumblr.com...cement-ive-ever

Babysimsfan seems as interested in your sims finds as we are!

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#2555 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 7:21 PM
Speaking of babies, today I bring you a baby intercom from Simlogical. Plop one end in the parents bedroom and the other in the babys. Parents will no longer sleep through their screaming newborns... Makes the game seem more realistic
Alternatively, if you want to be less realistic... on the same page is a "toddlers sleep through the night" hack
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...1YslfuNsVRjmddw

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2556 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 8:50 PM
@Aspersim In the comments of that thread, I uploaded a version of that screen with the shadow removed. Veranka also has a really nice cinema screen here:
https://veranka-downloads.tumblr.co...d-drinks-at-the
Mad Poster
#2558 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 4:29 PM
I've just walked a few miles and now I'm having inconsistent contractions... so I'm hoping this is my last find. But it might be another false start. We'll see.

Today I bring you an old mod that I keep meaning to download but then I forget about it for months: pets and children share bed.
My doggo always sleeps right where I want to put my legs lol No wonder I have such a bad back.
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=407570

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2559 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 4:53 PM
Now that's amazing, @Bigsimsfan12 is still managing to improve our games even though she is in the early stages of labour. What a simmer! Good luck and I hope things go well for you and family!
Scholar
#2560 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 4:39 AM
Here's todays find! A multi-IP (ideal plantsim) mod! Honestly I meant to make a similar one years ago when I made my multi-PT mod but never got round to it
I never resurrected Jennicor in my megahood so I can't wait to see her genetics appear on my little spores... and I can never have too many Summerdream faces running around
https://stellaterrano.tumblr.com/po...extracted-ideal

Oh, that is amazing for a megahood! I have a DONOTDELETEsims sub-subfolder in my Defaults subfolder already for the multi-PTs, what's a few more Sims for it? I am apparently a sucker for originals-plus genetics mods, and the use of the faeries almost made me laugh (not feeling it right now, sorry). My headcanon is that the IP is the first Greenman to become green, but the incidents that led to him becoming green are very in-character for not-quite-nice Shakesperean faeries on a bender to find funny. Using his descendants as their personal source of changelings makes sense with the actual changeling mod...
Mad Poster
#2561 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 7:32 AM
I've just walked a few miles and now I'm having inconsistent contractions... so I'm hoping this is my last find. But it might be another false start. We'll see.

Today I bring you an old mod that I keep meaning to download but then I forget about it for months: pets and children share bed.
My doggo always sleeps right where I want to put my legs lol No wonder I have such a bad back.
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=407570

Walking works. I walked around the neighborhood so my 1st daughter would be born the day before my sister's birthday. She was the last of 3 daughters born before their Aunt's Birthday. Good luck.
Mad Poster
#2562 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
Walking works. I walked around the neighborhood so my 1st daughter would be born the day before my sister's birthday. She was the last of 3 daughters born before their Aunt's Birthday. Good luck.

Thank you. I think this baby is immune to walking. I walk a lot as it is. In about 20 minutes I need to walk my daughter to school so hopefully that gets things moving... again.. because apparently baby got bored last night after 6 hours of contractions 8 days overdue, tomorrow I will be more pregnant than I have ever been before. Maybe. Theres a huge chance (in fact I'm now 100% sure) my due date was wrong, and my original due date (27th) was more accurate.

Todays find isn't CC. Just a thread on Reddit I thought was interesting.
"How do you pronounce Live mode?"
The idea people pronounce it liv mode has confused my brain, it seems that is the confirmed pronunciation. I've personally always thought of it as "live" like "going live!" :D

Forum Resident
#2563 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 12:25 PM
I always thought live mode was said as live, as in live wire. To call it liv mode seems off and incorrect, and insane.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2564 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
To call it liv mode seems off and incorrect, and insane.

I must be mad then, because I always said it as the imperative- live! buy! build! Or maybe to live, to buy and to build.
Theorist
#2565 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 4:09 PM
I think my most recent way of pronouncing it is "let's go people! We're going live in 5, 4, 3, [inaudible] 2—"
[insert screams of agony of Sims dying in a toaster oven fire]
Mad Poster
#2566 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 5:46 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Dec 2021 at 6:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by topp
I think my most recent way of pronouncing it is "let's go people! We're going live in 5, 4, 3, [inaudible] 2—"
[insert screams of agony of Sims dying in a toaster oven fire]

Yup, me, too

"Liv mode" sounds strange to me... I only noticed that way of saying it after listening to some Youtube videos more recently. Ever since I started hanging out on forums, I've thought of it as "going live", and when something has stuck like superglue to the back of your mind (even when you've not actually heard it much, but mostly just thought it), the other way sounds kinda weird.

Truth be told, I don't even think of it in my own language any more (I barely remember what it is, because I hardly ever use it, even if my game still is in my language - the "liv" variant is closer languange-wise, as we don't really have anything to substitute "live" with that sounds good). Still, for me it's "live" all the way
Mad Poster
#2567 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I must be mad then, because I always said it as the imperative- live! buy! build! Or maybe to live, to buy and to build.

I feel like this is the sims equivalent to "live, laugh, love", and now I want it made into wall art so I can put it in my sims kitchens

Theorist
#2568 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 6:17 PM
I always pounced it like "life" in the sense of the "Game is going live in this mode" I know the Sims 4 developers pronounce it like as the verb live, but who cares? I'm not gonna start pronouncing it differently now just because of that.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#2569 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 6:50 PM
I didn't know that the pronunciation of "Live Mode" was a debate until recently. I've always pronounced it "Live," personally. Sure the other pronunciation makes sense, like what do sims do? They live, they buy, they build. However, what happens when you unpause the game? The game is live! Both work and make sense, but I'm in favour of going "Live."
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2570 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I didn't know that the pronunciation of "Live Mode" was a debate until recently. I've always pronounced it "Live," personally. Sure the other pronunciation makes sense, like what do sims do? They live, they buy, they build. However, what happens when you unpause the game? The game is live! Both work and make sense, but I'm in favour of going "Live."

Maybe this should have its own thread? I say "live" too. First time I heard someone say "liv' mod I thought they were being funny, nope that's simply what they called it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2571 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 10:06 PM
I feel like this is the sims equivalent to "live, laugh, love", and now I want it made into wall art so I can put it in my sims kitchens

This is exactly what I was thinking of when I said this!
I think the reason I always thing of it as 'liv' instead of 'live' is that the modes seem to be labelled as verbs- so having it pronounced live (as in going live) would make it an adjective. So then Buy would be something like boughten and build would be uh, built? Or something.
For those who play in other languages, how is it worded for those? I think I remember a dutch player on here mentioning that it was in verb form too.
Mad Poster
#2572 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:10 AM
Today I just bring you this pretty hair
https://applewatersugar.tumblr.com/...another-hair-as
I was thinking a few days ago about Ophelia, who has a nature OTH. I know this meant nothing to the original game because they didn't have hobbies back then, but in my megahood she had a litte garden and a lot of her time was taken up gardening, making flower arrangements or sitting on her bench quietly admiring her garden. Then today I saw this hairstyle on the first page of Tumblr and thougt she would have loved this hairstyle.

Then I started thinking about how Ajay Loner's bio reads something along the lines of "Ajay enjoys counting the grains of sand in his back yard", and how theyre both loners and now I'm wondering if I should restart Strangetown and have them as a couple.

Theorist
#2573 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think the reason I always thing of it as 'liv' instead of 'live' is that the modes seem to be labelled as verbs- so having it pronounced live (as in going live) would make it an adjective. So then Buy would be something like boughten and build would be uh, built?

The game has not been translated to my language, but maybe it's the language barrier as to why I thought of live mode as "live" - I think I'd consider (a) buy to be a purchase (Best Buy) and (a) build to be a noun too (check out my computer build!). So the modes are in my head

Buy Mode - mode where you go buy stuff
Build Mode - mode where you go build stuff
Live Mode - mode where you go live -- aw crap, back to where we started
Alchemist
#2574 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
]Live Mode - mode where you go live -- aw crap, back to where we started

Funny this discussion should be here today - only a few hours ago, I had this same conversation with someone in my household! I say "live", they say "liv".

The Daisy hair looks interesting! Bigsimsfan, hope your wait is over soon.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#2575 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 8:14 PM
Worked in the entertainment industry for a while For me - going Live is not going Liv. And they are going live in my mind every time I stop pausing..

Anyway, I found something. And a very nice vacation hood on there From @aelflead - still looking, but I am grabbed JoShima.
Here: https://www.pillowfort.social/aelflaed
Page 103 of 119