Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 2:13 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 6th Jan 2022 at 3:52 PM.
Default Children and Skills; Or preparing them for adulthood/teenagehood
Just to keep it short, what things can children improve on (skill or what not) and which ones to put actual to practice before aging. Like I read on wiki and guides that they can almost learn all skills, but in gameplay I noticed they can't learn skills from books (like cooking, but can use baking oven) that otherwise would be impossible to progress in recreational purpose because of the age restriction. So which skills can they study and actually 'do", both vibisble and hidden?

I know they can learn hidden athletic skill through work out tv, but are the also any other methods that I don't know off?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 4:59 PM
The only way I know how to officially get kids to learn from skill books is someone has to read them to sleep with it, teens and older. But I think one may need Generations for that feature.

Now for activities they can actually do, have a Sim max out their logic skill to use the "Tutor in..." interaction to teach children and older. Some of the skills they can be tutored to learn are fishing, writing, logic, photography, painting, inventing, dancing (shows up blank or at least for me), and advanced technology. Dancing you can use the Stiff as a Board Dance Floor from the store, but kids can only use dance and ballet dance. Otherwise there is another dancing skill but hidden. For the advanced technology skill, kids can use the hoverboard, the holo disc sprite, the food synthesizer, etc. Teens will have a lot more available to them when they get tutored. That reminds me, the podium from UL also teaches skills so that is something to use to teach a group of Sims or students that are teen or older.

The podium is also a quick way to prepare young adults for university. I created a university prep school so I could teach a bunch of Sims at once. Of course, some had different majors but they had to do their own studies as well as getting personally tutored from the instructors or helping each other out. That was really fun to play.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition