Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Phone Recolours pt 3

by Reyn Posted 11th Nov 2005 at 3:41 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2009 at 5:43 PM by -Maylin-

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 3:58 PM
pretty, i'll download them us soon as the downloads start working again

learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control!
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 4:37 PM
ohh yay, i hate the color of the phone they gave us. thanks so much!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 4:55 PM
Wonderful work! Thank you.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 5:12 PM
thank you for doing these. been sick of the boring original colour

"By perseverance, the snail reached The Ark"- Charles Haddon Spurgeon
~*~MORE SIMS ON THE WAY SOON. WATCH THIS SPACE~*~
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 5:52 PM
Wonderful! I am sooooo sick of the original color. I had recolors of the phone before I got nightlife, but I think they must have come from houses that I downloaded b/c I have no idea where they came from. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 6:02 PM
Default Thanks so much
Thanks, I needed these.

Ardayus
Instructor
#8 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 6:53 PM
Yay! You got the handsets colored! I had recolours, but the handsets were still that ugly beige, and so the recolours never worked w/ the decor.

Do you think you could do a silver/grey recolour? To go in all our sleek, modern homes.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 9:36 PM
Thanks! Not everyone has beige telephones Maxis Anyway, thanks!

@idtaminger: It requires the CEP< which enables handset recolours through, after entering live mode, carefully trying to select it and colour! tada!

MTS2 rocks my socks!

<Inge> is the truth always "cool"?
<Inge> a thing isn't true just cos it's interesting
<tracyshayne> Hi, Inge...you talking to yourself over there?
A quote from the MTS2 chat!
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 10:13 PM
I can try and do some metallics - gold, copper and silver - but not sure if I can make them look metallic, think that takes bump mapping, so it might not come out right.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Nov 2005 at 11:02 PM
I've now D/L-ed all your recolors and now my sims'll have a whole rainbow of phones with which to decorate their homes! :D

Lilaviel: the avid downloader

"Life Drawing: An Excuse to See Naked People"
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natalie4tkd
thank you for doing these. been sick of the boring original colour

--laziness.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 5:31 AM
They Don't Show Up In My Game!!!

:*†*: þðñkÿ :*†*:
Alchemist
#14 Old 2nd May 2008 at 5:59 PM
In fact, I use the black or the red recolor in every house of my sims, it makes it so much easier to find the thing! Thanks!
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:40 PM Last edited by miserydoll12 : 2nd Aug 2010 at 2:16 AM.
I can never get phone recolors to show up in my game, and for the life of me, cannot figure out why.

I have the latest CEP, is there something else I need?

P.S. I've tried using the little "key" design tool, but it won't even let me select the phone AT ALL. Not the handset part, and not the base. I really need some help with this.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:04 AM
I get the same problem. Also have latest CEP installed. Phones stubbornly say they are not designable when the key design tool is used.
Inventor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 12:08 PM
Last time I played sims 2 and bothered with phones, you had to place them, then run the game in live mode a moment to be able to recolour the handset. But the base should be recolourable as is.

I'll have to check them on my laptop and I'll try and remember to do that later today or this week.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 8:26 PM
awesome sauce!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 10:20 PM
thanks for making these recolors :)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 8:12 PM
I cannot get these to show up in my game