Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Christmas special: Glühwein

by Lethe_s Posted 19th Nov 2005 at 6:29 PM - Updated 23rd May 2006 at 4:27 PM by Lethe_s

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 6:33 PM
Awsome, can always use some new drinks. I take it it works like the coffee machine?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 6:50 PM
Christmas just isn't christmas without gluhwein, thanks.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 7:12 PM
Can't wait for the christmas fare in Hamburg to start to get some real Glühwein! I'm almost jealous of my sims

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
#5 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 7:26 PM
this Download is wonderful. I live in Austria and my parents always drink Glühwein when it is December. And now my Sims can this too.

PS: I am 12 Jears old and my English is not good. I think i must go learn English :sprint:
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 8:26 PM
Looks great! I like the server guy too! :D
Theorist
#7 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 8:56 PM
That's interesting..thanks for sharing this custom with the rest of us who are not Germanic/Austrian/Swiss. :nod: Is it similar to mulled wine the Brits drink?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 9:13 PM
Oi, you make me miss Germany, we spent 3yrs there and I loved it. I miss it so much, you should send me a recipe so I can make up a batch of gluweine here!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 9:35 PM
Yeaaaaa!!! Very Cool, now we need a Weihnachtsmarkt!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 10:07 PM
Great now I have to go find the recipe.... Sounds wonderful!!! Ty for the DL too!

*I envision a world where a chicken is free to cross the road with out its motives being questioned*

~*~ Happy Simming ~*~
~*~ . .Blessed Be. . ~*~
~*~ . . ~Ravyn. . . ~*~
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 10:17 PM
Yeaaah! The only good stuff to survive the winter season! Great idea!
Alchemist
#12 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 10:32 PM
Sounds yummy! Gotta try it sometime! Until then, my sims can enjoy it

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 10:35 PM
Prost!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 11:42 PM
If I'm not mistaking this for something else, we have it in Turkey too! (It's not Turkish tradition but more of a cold weather trend) Hot red wine with apple peels, cloves, cinnamon and some other stuff I can't quite remember. Even if it's not the same, that's what my simmies will be drinking for me It's yummy. I wish someone would make me some My simmies will make me verry jealous now.
And thank you Lethe_s, this will add some spice to my coffee hating sims' life
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 11:59 PM
Danke!!!!!
Faster kill pussycat
#16 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 12:10 AM
This is great! But could you tell us How to make it so we can drink it while watching our sims drink it! LOL!! Sounds wounderful!!

Now I'm not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions. Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 12:50 AM
Hi Lethe!

Well, I am german and I love Glühwein for sure! There is nothing better that helps getting warm and against cold feet! *lol*

Your idea is great and this object also - like always! :D

Keep on with your amazing work!

Kind regards,
besen

A day without a smile is a lost day
**besens-sims2**
Inventor
#18 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:26 AM
Gluehwein Recipe courtesy of The Webtender
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
1 L Red wine
125 ml Water
60 gr Sugar
1 Cinnamon stick
3 Cloves
1 tblsp Lemon peel
Mixing instructions:
Boil sugar and spices in water, leave in the water for 30 minutes. Strain the spiced water and mix with the wine. Heat slowly until short of boiling temperature. (To remove alcohol, let it boil for a while.) You may add lemon or orange juice to taste. Serve in irish coffee cup

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 9:02 AM
coooool...... thanx

my sims love alkohol!!!! specially at christmas!

“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.” ~ A.A. Milne
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 9:17 AM
I think it's called Glögg in swedish, seems to be the same ingrediens in it.

Cat@};- *meow* Have a good day everyone!
CatRose: well i am off to bed i am starting to see cats jumping before me
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:05 AM
wow it's almost the same as we drink in Denmark it's called gløgg and it has almonds and raisins in it... very nice
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:07 AM
oh yeah glögg not gløgg sorry lol
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:11 AM
I like that recipe we use it every winter but we put almond splits and raisins in it in Denmark it tastes sooo god! you should try it.
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:58 AM
Hey, that's so cool! Love Gühwein :D
To the recipe:
You can also put some nuts (like starlightgirl911 said) in it and a bit of rum. It's spices the drink up a bit :D. I have also seen that some make a bit crem over it...
So yummy. Now we need some Gingerbread and Lebkuchen for our Sims to eat ^^

Some flowers bloom only in the imagination.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:02 AM
mmmmmm i love gluhwein...
Page 1 of 3