Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#51 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 4:31 AM
Very interesting. Did you shorten long pants by somehow pulling up on the bottom of the hem? Did you delete anything? Do you see the missing legs in your milkshape window?

If there is a blank spot like that in your mesh, you need to carefully make the new faces (or start over) in order to connect the feet to the bottom of the pants.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 4:38 AM
How do I make new faces?

Yay!!! I'm coming back to the sims!!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:06 AM
nadas, which SimPE do you use??? and do you have nightlife?? i am searching for a SimPE version which works in nightlife...
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:22 AM
i have the latest version and i do have nightlife.

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#55 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 12:18 PM Last edited by tiggerypum : 7th Jan 2006 at 12:23 PM.
uhm faces, let me see if I can find a milkshape tutorial for you

Here's a tutorial that shows the command and the order to click the points to make the faces (it's got good screenshots even if it's not making a body mesh)

http://www.tutorialguide.net/modell...n_tutorial.html

it shows what to click and says to click the points counter-clockwise.

I hope that helps.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 3:04 PM
Thanks, still couldn't figure it out. I'm gonna try something else.

#57 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 4:55 PM
im stuck,what programme should i use to veiw the tutorial,i cant read it in notepad,or wordpad and i havnt got microsoft word.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:14 PM
acrobat reader----sugar
#59 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 5:44 PM
thankyou.
Test Subject
#60 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 8:00 PM
Wes h Body Chop plugin
Well i just read the tut and it sounds good and easy...
funney enough i already have a problem at page 1...
The link you gave to Wes h Body chop plugin isnt working...
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimfo...hread.php?t=495
And if i search at google i cant find it either...
can somebody help me?
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 8:46 PM
The link worked for me.

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#62 Old 7th Jan 2006 at 8:49 PM
Test Subject
#63 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 6:17 PM Last edited by bigkiller3 : 8th Jan 2006 at 6:24 PM.
Default Doh
YAY I FOUND IT...

Now ive gotten pretty long in the tut and im having another problem...
I am at step 7
and im going to widden her skirt... but do i make et look like she does on the picture? if i highlight some of her skirt and moves it it lookes really bad...
Alchemist
#64 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
I want to thank everyone for the nice comments, and the tutorial, which, unfortunately, I got a corrupted download of and wasn't able to read. I live out in a rural part of a rural state and my dialup internet is Slooowww... so I have to budget my time on downloading big files.
<* Wes *>

I finally got a complete look at Suzy's tutorial, and it is nicely done.
There is a more convoluted, but more reliable, way of finding the right mesh for a bodyshop item. It involves using the "shape" line mentioned in the 3DID, going to that SHPE in the Sims03.package, and from it's reference taking the referenced NAME of the "GMND", and using the nametable in Sims04.package to find it. Then find the mesh in Sims03.package by the instance filter.

The game definitely uses the mesh referenced by the four values in the reference tab of the GMND: type (0xAC4F8687), instance hi, group and instance as the link between the GMND and the GMDC. The name the mesh was given is immaterial to the internals of the game engine, and the similarity of the names was probably due to Maxis' internal conventions and practices. In some cases, the mesh (GMDC) may not have a name that is so similar to the shape that you will be able to find it by visual identification.

My last comment would be, if you want to make complex and far ranging modifications to the main mesh, you would, ideally, look over the way the bone secondary assignments are made in the morph models and create new models from the original base model (as opposed to trying to make the same exact sets of changes three times), only you move vertices now to make them fat or pregnant (like suzy shows, select and move vertices).

In the next set of plugins, which are now awaiting the release of MilkShape 1.7.7, this will be much easier, as the bone assignments are imported and stored all in the main model, and only the vertex location differences are used to make the morph data.

Tying both secondary bone assignment and vertex location to the "BODYMOD" models was a mistake I made in the BodyChop plugins. With the help of Mete from MilkShape, we will now be able to handle the multiple bone assignments issue much better.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#65 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 8:59 PM
Bigkiller, when I've wanted to widen or narrow a leg or skirt, I usually carefully select the points all around the circle (you must be careful on the very bottom edge to only get the outer points and not catch part of the underskirt/ankle/etc)

Then I used a scale command. I don't have milkshape here right now, but you need to experiment both with the numbers (they must be very small) and with the settings in scale. Try the options 'center of mass' and 'origin' and see which one prevents your skirt from splitting open at the seams that are in your mesh but you can't see them in milkshape. (they are usually running down the sides of the skirt)

Sometimes I select multiple rings on the leg or skirt, sometimes I select only one row of them, because I might want to scale that row out the most, and use a slightly smaller number for the row above. I'll repeat this, the numbers are small, I believe you'll be use decimal points, like scaling it to be 1.1 larger, stuff like that. Don't be afraid to use two digits behind the decimal - if 1.1 is not enough and 1.2 is too much, try 1.15 .

I hope this helps
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 1:13 PM
Default Thx
Thank you for the quick answer...
I think i understand it now
Great tut
#67 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 8:32 PM
I love the tut Suzy, but I have a few questions I cant seem to figure out on my own. When I follow your tutorial, everything works out fine.. and I import it into milkshape and get the 3 body shapes like Im supposed to. However, if I try doing the same step using a different mesh (Im trying to mod one of the Tenn formal dresses) I only end up with Body, and not the other 2 groups. This causes problems when trying to export from milkshape, and Im outta ideas :/ Any help would be much appreciated...
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:00 PM
som meshes just don't have them....i had this issue too. i wanted to know if you can add your own bodymod.1 and 2 and have them work, say if i cloned the body mesh, then named it bodymod.1 and made it look ruebnesque and gave it the proper names (bodymorphs fat) or whatever it is. can this work? i think i will try and post back.

-Maggie
Check out my web site, we are always free!
Romance Sims -Maggie
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#69 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 9:56 PM
That sort of question is probably answered in the bodychop thread itself someplace, as that's really the spot people have been asking the detailed questions in.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50219

Btw, Wes should have a new much improved plugin soon, which will make some of these issues (like the bodymod.1 and 2 issue) cleaner.
Test Subject
#70 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 4:56 AM
ok im here i love the tut but im haveing probs in step 7 where you are suposed to import ts2 body chop to milk shape well i cant find it in the import list but i have it on my desktop so now what do i do? Question 2 with out importing the ts2 bc i tried to open my extraceted gmdc file and its not there can someone please help me please.
Im so lost and confussed
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:38 AM
uhm, for step 7, do you have the plugin installed properly? there is a readme in the file that you download for hte plugin which tells you where to put it.

for question 2, by default it will say "simpe" files, under where the filename would go if you clicked on something, click the srrow so it says 5gd files instead. if hta tis not why, i don't know, i am no pro. but that is probably what it is.

good luck, littledevil25!

-Maggie
Romance Sims -Maggie
Test Subject
#72 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 12:32 PM
ok now that i got further now im stuck again in the groups thingy in milkshape you are suposed to have botton, modbody1, and modbody2 well i only have 1 now what do i do?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 3:08 PM
littledevil...some meshes are like that. read back a few posts for more information.i guess that wes is working on a newer plugin that repairs that particular issues. i had a few things to try but haven't gotten to tehm yet. good luck.:-)

-Maggie
Romance Sims -Maggie
Test Subject
#74 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 3:17 PM
ok thanks for the help i couldnt have did it without you but i have another question lol all the blue line that are on the four squars in milk shape how do i get rid of them so i can see the accual body or are they suposed to be there .
#75 Old 11th Jan 2006 at 5:27 PM
A few posts back Suzy answered that too. I was having the same problem. Apparently those blue lines are the joints for the model, and the default size if huge... Just go to file->preferences, click the misc tab, and set the joint size to 0.01
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: outdated, replacement tutorial posted
Page 3 of 5