Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

DIY Law Career Overrides

by Vagrant Posted 1st Jan 2006 at 7:48 AM - Updated 1st Jan 2006 at 7:59 AM by Vagrant

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 7:49 AM
*Reserved*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 8:00 PM
Just incase you don't see what this can do, or why, I guess I should explain briefly.

I Started with Law Enforcement Career because a number of people have made superhero type skins and wanted to change the career skin for Captain Hero. I included all the outfits along the way just incase someone wanted to change them as well.

I'll probably upload one for the Criminal career path as soon as I get some bugs out. I already have everything seperated out for the non-ep careers and NPCs, if someone shows an interest in more override type files I'll see about uploading them in a similar fashion.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 2:45 AM
Thank you thank you thank you. I had posted a request for something like this and *BOOM* here it is! You're the best!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 7:47 PM
Wait...so this doesn't so much override the careers as it does the career OUTFITS, is that right?

And if we can edit the outfits now, are we able to assign a new mesh to a career outfit, or are we stuck w/ editing the textures?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Wait...so this doesn't so much override the careers as it does the career OUTFITS, is that right?

And if we can edit the outfits now, are we able to assign a new mesh to a career outfit, or are we stuck w/ editing the textures?

It only overrides the outfits designated to the various steps along the law enforcement career path. It DOES NOT change the default career in any other way.

As for assigning a new mesh... In short YES!!!

It is 3d ID based so as long as you have the new outfit and mesh in your downloads folder, and have SimPE checking downloads folders, you can use that outfit.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 8:56 AM Last edited by Darkness_Thrives : 3rd Jan 2006 at 9:02 AM.
Wow, this is awesome! and Yes, I would love to see more of these overrides!
Especially one for the top of the culinary career!

(I like the outfits, but my poor sim just had to get the purple one.. :banghead: )

Untill The End of Us All.....
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 9:48 PM Last edited by SuperFly : 3rd Jan 2006 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Problem solved :)
Vagrant- Thank you so much for this file I've managed to interlink a career with PAF's superhero mesh, and I've decided that, if I recieve PAF's permission, I'll release it as an alpha career in conjunction with my time travel career.

Many thanks again,

SuperFly

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 10:13 PM
Hello Everyone!,

Hello Vergrant,

Happy new year!. I have come to post this message on here because i have some what maybe will intrest you. Well i have my own big mod team called Modstar Sims Team. We are starting to make great mods for Sims 2. Our first mod is going to be a police one a total conversion. Where it all changes. Well, is there any chance that you could be in our team because we need game modders and that and im thinking about if u could be apart of our team well can i borrow some stuff from ur mod just like a police uniform.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Regards, Neil.
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 12:52 PM
Can someone give me a step by step turtorial of how to change the clothing. Please. I'm new(that was such a lame excuse but it's true) Please and Thankyou
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 3:23 PM
is there anyway to remove the uniform alltogether?

i would love it if they could just choose their outfit before work. this works well for teachers and musicians etc

Geek
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 6:27 AM
this dident work for me, i followed the howto completely and i understand it firmly, but i did everything, tried it, it did not work! (i was using ambody_swatsand or something for the replacement, if it makes a differance)

Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody.
- Franklin P. Adams
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 5:52 PM
Thank You