Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vegetarian Food Replacements

by gwillewyn Posted 20th Jan 2006 at 11:59 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:11 PM by gwillewyn

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 120 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:07 AM
Cool! Alternative food choices. I'm surprised no one did it before. Thanx for sharing :howdy:
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:19 AM
I'm also surprised no one has done it before. I hope someone will be inspired to do it now.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:19 AM
Ehehe, tofurkey!

Seriously, though, this is a great idea. I have a lot of filthy hippie sims that will appreciate this a lot. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:21 AM
Thank you greatly. I'm happy my sims can now eat like me =)

*Please ask before you upload any of my creations or atleast gimme credit. =) Please. Thank you* Wanna make a neopet! They are great! =)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:23 AM
Great idea!

~Lindsay

If you like something, say thanks! I know I enjoy it :)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:26 AM
nice idea but it would be nice if it didnt overwrite all the roiginals so you could have a vegetarian family and the rest can eat meat.

Come have a look at my downloads HERE for Sims 4 downloads.

Feel free to visit my website to check out my list of creations, to get in touch (for a request), or to donate. HERE

(Or here for sims 2 or here for sims 3 downloads.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ugly.breath
nice idea but it would be nice if it didnt overwrite all the roiginals so you could have a vegetarian family and the rest can eat meat.

I leave that up to other people. The request was originally made by vegitarians who didn't want their sims eating meat.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 12:37 AM
YES!! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 1:05 AM
I actualy know someone that made Tofu Turkey, shaped it like one and everything lol.
Instructor
#11 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 2:37 AM
Thank you!!!!!!!! I was so tired of pretending that they were eating veggie burgers. It got pretty difficult with the prawns and turkey and ribs. Poor, unhealthy Sims! You are a gift from the Goddess! I would kiss you if you didn't live so far away

~I no longer play Sims, so I'm not taking requests, sorry~
Forum Resident
#12 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 2:39 AM
Pretty good idea! Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 3:04 AM
Legions of vegetarians thank you 8-).
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 3:14 AM Last edited by Xunixeon : 21st Jan 2006 at 3:29 AM. Reason: Forgot one thing.....-.-
The real name for Tofu Turkey is called Tofurkey as well as the better alternative for ham sandwich is actually Tofurkey and Tomato sandwich. You can also change Grilled Cheese to Grilled Rice Cheese for the vegetarian sims as well as Buddnist sims who don't eat much meat (check out the Buddnist monks as well). Lobster Thermidore can be replaced with grilled veggies and couscous with a mexian black bean burrito (aka Black Bean Burrito with couscous). I just want to help you out a little though so don't get frustated with me about it since I've seen the real vegetarian food in one of the stores in r/l. Excellent organic fruits and other food products as well. True words by the organic food freak despite her consumption of some meat.

Well, someone has already stated that rewording before I did....No matter about it, though. Can you please make a tutorial for us who wants to have different foods from those that Maxis have provided with us? I rather have Klingon food as well as Japanese food replacing the default ones, although I did like your vegetarian one (a excellent first try, BTW). We would be grateful if you did as well.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 3:28 AM
Tofurkey? Really? There is such a thing? Wow.

I think "grilled veggies and couscous with a mexian black bean burrito" would be too long to fit on the pie-menu. Vegitarian food has such long names.

I did think I should have changed the Gelatine, but I didn't know what else to call it, other than "No animals were harmed in the making of this dessert" or "Dolphin Friendly Jelly" or something equally silly, and I was already annoyed that I couldn't get the lobster to look vegitarian without changing the mesh.

I'm going to be away from computer for a long time, but I hope I've inspired some modders to do a better job of this. Preferably someone who's good at meshing.

Instructor
#16 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwillewyn
I did think I should have changed the Gelatine, but I didn't know what else to call it, other than "No animals were harmed in the making of this dessert" or "Dolphin Friendly Jelly" or something equally silly, and I was already annoyed that I couldn't get the lobster to look vegitarian without changing the mesh.

There is a gelatin thing that came from seaweed that you can use (Agari or something like that though. ) But the dish that I described should be simply called "Bean Burrito w/ Veggies" instead.

God, please protect me from your idiot followers for they have blinded themselves with bleach.

Money doesn't buy you happiness but it buys you beer and coffee.

Life is like Go. Its takes smart and amoral people to make decisions based on their strategies of living.
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 4:09 AM
Awesome! Thank you SO much! The correct name for Tofu Turkey is actually Tofurky... ^_^
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 7:34 AM
The meat never really bothered me, but this is GREAT!
Thank you for sharing this
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 7:40 AM
This is a stupid question but .. and this probs is not the right place to ask. Im having trouble getting custom content into my game. Altho I can install the houses, just not stuff like this and also objects sometimes. Its a great idea and if someone could help me =( I would appreciate it =) xx Lia
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 9:53 AM
i'm vegetarian! thanks a lot. XD

I'M VEGETARIAN
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 11:53 AM Last edited by chudziaQ : 21st Jan 2006 at 12:21 PM.
Default hello!
it's fantastic!
but i have a Question - how can i change the language of the options?
i want to rename the names of the dishes .
i'm from poland

did i do any mistakes i my enlish letter??
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 1:57 PM
Tofurkey! Thanks so much for this! It seriously brightened my day
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 2:01 PM
oh this is cool! I'm not vegetarian, but this is neat! Thanks

www.butterflysims2.cjb.net for some great downloads for your sims world!
www.sims2realtors.com for houses!
~*~*I LOVE Figure Skating*~*~
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 6:22 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate this SO much!!!!! I too would love a tutorial on how to change the default foods to something new!!!

Again thank you, you really made my day!!!! And my game

You are wonderful!!! ((Hugs))
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimVeggie
I too would love a tutorial on how to change the default foods to something new!!!

It's easier to replace than not to replace.
Try this tutorial:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=681
And just skip the step where it describes replacing GUIDs.

Page 1 of 6