Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CASface Replacements - All Faces, All Ages *UPDATE 08/31/08: Argon archfix compatible!*

by terrakosmos Posted 27th Feb 2006 at 8:30 AM - Updated 31st Aug 2008 at 8:28 AM by terrakosmos : Long overdue update!

136 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 118 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 8:40 AM
Wow, just wow. Awesome job. Thnx so much.

Btw, where is the lipstick from on Meadow Thayer?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 8:56 AM
Awesome job on the replacements! You rock!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:10 AM
Excellent Work! Thanks a lot!

I climb this tower inside my head
A spiral stair above my bed
I dream the stairs don't ask me why,
I throw myself into the sky
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:22 AM
Thanks so much it is so cool
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:25 AM
These sound really good - finally townies will look like humans instead of monkeys!
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:30 AM
These look wicked, thanks a bunch! :banana:

BTW, could you include a picture of the 'elf' face?

I am free of all prejudices; I hate everyone equally. ~ SS ~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 10:17 AM
These are f****** gorgeous!

Thank you very much for sharing, I can't wait to have normal looking sims in my game You said these are not perfect but I think they are very very close and the best looking replacements I've seen so far!

Can't wait to see more of your work!

learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Instructor
#9 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 11:15 AM
I don't know how this default replacement works but... is it possible to add them to the original Maxis set or they MUST overwrite it? I mean, could you modify your set in order to show with Maxis one and not over it???
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by professional loser
These sound really good - finally townies will look like humans instead of monkeys!

Is this true? Are townies being generated from these templates or do they have some own bases? And if they are generated, then do I need to kill all my existing townies or do they generate automatically?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 11:54 AM
very nice, thanks so much for sharing :gidea: :banana:

*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { 7-zip here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Michelle in England.
I'm a friend to everyone ;o)
*..·´°*°·..*..·°** { CEP here } **°·..*..·´°*°·..*
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 12:21 PM
gotta say, these rock. I like these best of all the face templates I've seen.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 12:42 PM
I don't understand what to do as I'm scared of really messing up the game. Maybe you have to be computer savvy to do this so maybe I should leave things alone. But it does seem really clever of you.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 2:22 PM
I've got a question: Will this work whit OFB? And can I Instal each template indevidualy? Because I realy like Meadow as she is right now...
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 3:43 PM
Wow how long did it take you to do all this, must have been days out of your life!
Thankyou so much.
Instructor
#16 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 4:08 PM
Thank you sooo much! I tried making my own replacements, and ran out of steam with the sheer drudgery of it. Everyone should know how exhausting a process it is, so that they can appreciate your work even more!

And, for those worried about messing up the game: just put these in your download folder (I made a subforlder for them). If for any reason you don't like them or have a problem, just remove from downloads.

It also helps, when starting a new neighborhood, to use the deleteallcharacters cheat before creating your own CAS sims. That way, the game uses the replacement faces when generating npc's/townies.

~I no longer play Sims, so I'm not taking requests, sorry~
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 5:00 PM
what is the cheat to delete all your townies? I keep forgetting is it the boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true? Or should I just type in help and see what it comes up with?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 6:08 PM
I'm glad you like them! I was terrified to post them, to be honest. Maybe I'll make another set someday, but not for a couple of months, lol.

m3lani3 -- The Meadow lookalike's lipstick is from http://www.helaene.com. It's part of the February lips version 2 set. Meadow's eyeliner and blush are from the same site; her eyeshadow is from http://www.simsconnection.com.

Lady_Isilnis -- Check the fifth pic with the blue background (the one that's smaller than the others). It should be labelled 26 Eelf.

Vaalyah -- Unfortunately, it is not possible at this time to add more faces on to the defaults. Hopefully someone will find out how to do it soon. But like I said, they're named in the order they appear in CAS, so any ones you don't like you can just delete.
If you like them but you want your townies to be generated with the original faces, you could install them, use bodyshop to save a copy of the ones you like, then uninstall them and get the originals back.

.::TSN::. -- Only townies and NPCs created AFTER installing these files will have new faces. So if you want a neighborhood with only the replacements, you will have to go through the deleteall/boolprop process.

Catarininha_94 -- Excellent question... I'm praying they will work with OFB, but I can't say because I don't have it yet. (I should find out sometime tomorrow!)
Just in case I will move them out of my downloads folder before I install and I encourage everyone else to do the same, because you can never be sure what will cause conflicts and what won't.
To answer your second question, Meadow's face is based on archetype 08 Easi. The woman in my picture is the Adult Female version of my replacement, and is not actually Meadow Thayer. Anyhoo, remove "CASface_08_Easi" to get the original version back. Remember, though, your existing Meadow Thayer will remain "unharmed" if you choose to leave my replacement.

LeAnn -- the cheat is "deleteallcharacters." But beware that it will delete every single character in that neighborhood AND subneighborhoods, even playable sims. Then you can use "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" to spawn new townies:
If you have NL, simply shift-click on a sim to spawn the Townie & NPC Maker tree and click on it to generate new townies.
If you do not have NL, I believe (correct me someone if I'm wrong) that you chift-click the mailbox and select FORCE create new townies (or NPCs).

Whew! I hope that answers everyone's questions for the moment. (I apologize for being so long-winded. BTW, if there's a face you don't want to replace but you're not sure of the number/name, describe it to me and I'll tell you which file to delete.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:51 PM
Oooo!! I love you!! You could even make Goopy my favourite twonie! And thanks for awsering my questions. I'l test this whit my OFB! (Here in Portugal it's out in March 1st!)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 10:42 PM
Most impressive..... I'm willing to give them a try. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
#21 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 12:18 AM
Guess Who?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
HEEEEY KI KI BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW I HAD TO COME ON HERE AND GIVE U MUCHO PROPS FOR UR AWESOME ARCHETYPES! U ARE THE BOMB DIGGITY WHEN IT COMES TO ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE SIMS. SUPER COOL AND SUPER AWESOME. CONTINUE TO BE THE BEST AND DO ME PROUD GAL.!!!!!!!! :baloons: SO UM YEA....LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE PEOPLE ATTN PLZ!!!: MY COUSIN IS BY FAR THE BEST BADASS IN THE DL-ING GAME. SO KEEP MAKING HER DO MORE DOWNLOADS BCUZ SHE IS TRULY SUPER COOL AND BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S and if u gotta prob wit it, holla at me! LOVE TO ALL!!!!

COOCKA MUNGA MONKEY KILLER LOVERS 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!! :monkey: RA NA NA!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WHITESOX_MAMI
HEEEEY KI KI BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi cousin!

You are nuts.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 2:28 AM
Default Wow my sims sill actually look like humans now!
Thanks for getting rid of rid of Plan Nine from Outer Space (that's what their faces reminded me of, human kinda, but somehow not) BTW I'm gonna tell every sims player I know about this thread, it's so nice not spending 6-7 hours in body shop making decent looking sims, while the townies look like extras from The Island of Dr. Moreau :dance:

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Instructor
#24 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 7:51 AM
Thank you for your explanations! It is not the fact that I could like or not some of the faces, the fact is that if we can add your faces to the standard Maxis ones, we could obtain more "variety"!
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 2:45 AM
WOO HOO!!!

Way to go, terrakosmos!!! They look GREAT!

I kept hoping and praying people would pick up where I left off and start churning out whole sets. After all, I can keep PLENTY busy doing what I do best, making hairy male sims!

You are AWESOME! Keep up the good work!

And you sim face designers out there... GIVE US MORE REPLACEMENT FACES!!

:clap:
Page 1 of 6