Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide animal toddler outfits & hats

by jordi Posted 4th Apr 2006 at 4:03 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2007 at 1:26 PM by jordi

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 12:34 AM
Hi Jordi,

I have been using this mod ever since you released it last year and it has worked great. Unfortunately ever since I installed the seasons patches, nearly every one of my sim babies has been getting the animal outfits when they age. Is there anything I can do to stop this or would you mind please updating this mod?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 8:13 AM
That shouldn't be happening.

Aging randomly picks an available outfit, so if this mod is the only one modifying the badger things, they will be unavailable, and cannot be picked unless all other toddler outfits are also hidden.

Are you certain you do not have another mod which changes these clothes, like fanseelamb's outerwear enabler? If two mods modify the same outfits, the last one that loads "wins", and the other one is completely ignored.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 10:56 AM
Hi Jordi,

I do have fanseelamb's outerwear enabler for Nightlife & the base game and simsbaby's Outdoorwear amCouture, Holiday & Nightlife open jackets & the trench coats. I did not get either of their mods which enabled the badger costumes. Should I remove the ones I have?

I appreciate your help
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 11:56 AM
Can you check see if these outfits are not visible in CAS, or for sale in clothing stores? Either check is ok, no need to do both.

If they do appear there, try removing the outerwear enablers and check again. I don't have fanseelamb's or simsbaby's enablers (I have my own version), and these toddler outfits do not appear.

If they are hidden, and you still get them for toddlers on aging, there's nothing I can do. I know EAxis changed the way outfits are assigned a few times (with uni, again with OFB, and again with Seasons) and it may be that they are now ignoring the hidden flag completely .

One other possibility -- does your Sim's family already own the outfit? Any outfits already in the family wardrobe can be picked as well, even if they're normally hidden.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 1:00 PM Last edited by thalia20clio : 12th Jul 2007 at 1:13 PM.
Aha, I think that is what happened. I put in Simsbaby's regular defaultwear mod (which had the animal outfits enabled in the revised version) and then when I got my first badger toddler I realised and removed it. Unfortunately all of the toddlers born since have had access to that same family wardrobe - so the animal outfit has been spreading from that one.

I've checked CAS and the outfits no longer appear - phew.

EDIT: Do you know of any way to remove outfits from the wardrobe?
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 2:14 PM
Wish I knew a way. The only way to clear a wardrobe is to move a family out of the lot.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 3:20 PM
These kind of stuff is great. What I really want is a hack or something that hides all the stupid Maxis Sims in Bodyshop, I only want to see the ones I've made or downloaded. Anyone knows where I can find suck a hack, PM me please!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Theorist
#9 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 11:25 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:09 PM
THANK YOU!!! I had always hated the animal outfits!
Maybe I'll give this a try. Thanks once again.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 1:07 AM
Thank you so much!!I thought the animal outfits were really cute but rather cheesy,I never use them anyway as I use CC all the way now.Great,this is extremely brilliant!