Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide weird TS2 clothing, hair & hats

by jordi Posted 4th Apr 2006 at 5:17 PM - Updated 1st Sep 2007 at 12:00 PM by jordi : no cornrows updated -- redownload + two more

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 5:39 PM
yay! thanks so much!!! i wish there was a way to select maxis crap we don't want out of our folders...I have so much custom content my catalogs are huge!!! at least this will help a little!

4-8-15-16-23-42
Theorist
#3 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 5:51 PM
Thanks I cant stand half if not all of Maxis outfits there just so ugly! so thanks for this!
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 7:13 PM
This is great! I agree that most of the Maxis stuff is hideous. There is also a lot of stupid looking furniture I would like to be rid of, such as the worn out sofa that could have just been a recolor of the first one to save space, and that couch shaped like lips. Please do a tutorial on hiding this junk.
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 7:14 PM
omg! I was creating some sims this morning and I was wishing for something JUST like this!! Thanks so much!!!! You read my mind
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 8:21 PM
I concur with all of the posts in this thread. Any Sim that would go out into the middle of a quiet suburb dressed as a pirate certainly would have some kind of brain defect, particularly since there are no pirate ships or Viking villages in The Sims 2... Unless they were foreshadowing another expansion pack.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Apr 2006 at 9:14 PM
Please make a "hide ALL THE MAXIS STUFF patch". Would be great for cleaing up all my stuff.

... Linux rules and Windows drools.
Instructor
#8 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 12:15 AM
Jordi -

THANK YOU so much!! I have been wanting something like this since the game came out ... and especially since the *horrid* additions in Uni and OFB. I really, really appreciate your making this available to all of us!!

pureheart
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 12:46 AM
THANK-YOU!!!! Can you make one for all maxis clothes so they'll wear the costom stuff WITHOUT me spending five hours costomizing the townies so, the locals don't break out the pichforks?

http://treebrooke-simsandmore.blogspot.com/ <- New Challenges

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. I decided to help
(")_(")him gain world domination. COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE OR ELSE!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 3:34 AM
Fantastic! Great hack, thanks so much!

My Sims2 Blog: CLICKY ME.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#11 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 3:12 PM
Please make a "hide ALL THE MAXIS STUFF patch".
==
I guess I can make it too :D
I love most Maxis Clothes never the less..dont mind them. But I hate maxis glasses and cosmetics

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 3:13 PM
I certainly can use this and I sure will! Thank you so much.

Can you (or tell us how to) tweak it so that it hides all the bizarre crap that came with OFB, especially under the hairdo tab?

ETA: Never mind. You already did. I downloaded THAT one too!! Thank you again!!

New Judfer creations at Sims2 Noir.
Live Free or Die.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 5:27 PM
Nice... I like the idea, the only thing keeping me from downloading it is that my neighbourhood is all fantasy and stuff, and so I actualy use the pirate outfits Even so, nice idea! (However, I feel that there should be a way to disable Maxis content... would make my catalogue much smaller if it didn't have all the outfits i never use...)

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 6:13 PM
Treebrooke: I haven't figured out yet how to remove the asterisk from custom clothes, and therefore cannot make townies use them.

I am open to suggestions for more silly clothing to include in this mod, or possibly hide some of the Uni and NL clothes: just let me know which ones. Preferably including the internal name.

And for those of you wanting a "hide everything" mod: a (dirty) version will be up in testing later. More a proof of concept than a real mod though.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 8:34 PM
Excellent idea. I'm all for this one. Anything that gets rid of bizarre Maxis clothing and speeds up loading time sounds like a dream to me! Any chance of doing one that gets rid of the gorilla outfits and the rest of the adult OFB clothing?? Or has that already been done? I die with laughter every time I see them, and it's getting annoying...

EDIT: By any chance are these included in your OFB Mascot d/l? If so, you're a saint and I adore you!! *big hugs* I'm getting it right now! I hope it is...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 11:37 PM Last edited by ShinySparkly1 : 6th Apr 2006 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Found the Improvements.
Is there a mod to hide all of the hats?

"Oh, let me guess. Another box with a crank that I turn and turn and turn until...whoo...a clown pops out. Then you laugh, the kids laugh, the dog laughs, and I die a little more inside."

-Stewie Griffin, Family Guy
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 4:15 AM
If the ugly outfits and hair that came with OFB gave me even a GRIN, I would keep them. Knowing I will NEVER use any of those things...I downloaded this hack and thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 11:21 PM
I can't say thanks enough for this one so I'll just say it once
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShinySparkly1
Is there a mod to hide all of the hats?

I too must put my vote to HIDE ALL HATS!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 11:55 PM
I'll put it on my "to consider" list
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 11:48 PM
I use the odd clothing and costumes, it's the sleazy, skimpy, and underwear-showing clothing I hate. Any chance of a tutorial how I could hide that ugly stuff?
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 10:48 PM
Micro-tutorial (just instructions): http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...530#post1152530

I have no idea how to make a proper tutorial. Maybe I need a ghostwriter ^.^
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 11:08 PM
Added the (disturbing) elder female hula outfits. *shudder*
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Apr 2006 at 4:27 AM
Thanks for that link, Jordi!
Instructor
#25 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 9:52 PM Last edited by idtaminger : 21st Apr 2006 at 10:00 PM.
What are the "racer" clothes? Does anyone have a picture?

And I personally would like the pirate outfits, as I've got a bit of a fantasy theme in Veronaville, but I still would like the rest of it disabled. How would I go about enabling that? Is there something I should edit in the package?

EDIT: I'm assuming I should just delete the relevant clothing property sets in the package?

And can I ask where one could download a hex editor to find and replace? And in the skin.package, there aren't any textures, so how do you know which skin is which?
Page 1 of 3