Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide all Maxis clothing & hair (update 8 June '07)

by jordi Posted 5th Apr 2006 at 6:41 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2007 at 1:07 PM by jordi : H&M Hider added

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 110 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 6:56 PM
Very interesting, although I think a mod that provokes Townies to use Custom Clothing rather than to deny them the use of original TS2 clothing might be more useful. I like your idea, though.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 7:08 PM
Oh, definitely. I don't plan on using these mods myself at all, I've upped them since I got a few requests ^.^

Unfortunately I have no clue how to override the selection methods for townies, I would love to see them in my downloaded outfits as well.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 8:35 PM
Yeah! Thanks.

>but probably isn't too useful for most.

Not 24/7 useful but when it comes time to clean up the downloads folder(s), oh yes. Now I will see just the clothing I care about instead of 10,000 pieces. OK, just the custom and a few odds and ends. That's great too.

By supplying four parts you have also made it possible to see just what clothes came with what expansion pack.

... Linux rules and Windows drools.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 8:48 PM
I can actually see how this would be VERY useful to some.
Anyone who has themed neighborhoods (like Futuristic or Medieval) could use this to make sure that at least a majority of the townies and such wear similar clothing. It always looks odd to me to have some guy in a polo shirt and jeans walk into my tavern.

On a possibly similar note, I am still searching for a mod/tutorial that would let me change the default clothing of many of the worker NPCs (Maids, gardners, paperboy, ect.)

I am simply a mass hallucination that a majority of the population chooses to believe in.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 9:01 PM
oh, thank you. i have hated maxis clothes since i got the game. i always wanted to delete some of them - i should say: all of them. and now....... they WILL disappear.

and i also agree with valasia, that it is so annoying to see townies in MY neighbourhoods wearing maxis clothes instead of my downloaded pretty custom clothing.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 9:05 PM Last edited by FredDoolie : 6th Apr 2006 at 7:29 AM. Reason: sometimes I have blond moments
[dances around the room with joy]

Works like a champ! 99% of the stuff is gone now. Yes the game loads slower but when I delete something now it doesn't take a million years to respond. Cleaning up my downloads is going to be fun. Before it was a big pain.

To expand a bit on Valasia's point: My neighborhoods are also "themed" but my themes are the stuff I really like. From this point forward my random neighbors are going to be dressed in clothing that *I* picked out for my game; not Maxis' picks.

Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 9:26 PM
I agree I wish Townies would wear custom clothes! They always dress so boring!

I don't know if I'll use this since my game takes forever to load already - but it is a great idea. I hate the Maxis clothes!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 10:07 PM
10 or 15 seconds extra is a tiny price to pay to get rid of all that junk. Once the game is loaded the CAS section flies! It use to be when I deleted something it took maybe 30 seconds to "recover and update" after EACH DELETE. Now it's down to about 5 seconds. Not as fast as Bodyshop but no big deal. I use to use CAS to check out new downloads, write down what I didn't like and then use BS to do the delete since BS was way faster. That way took way too much time. Now I can all the modeling and deleting right in CAS.
------------------
Momentary Digression: Check things out in CAS before you delete them. The graphics in BS are *WAY* sharper but CAS allows you to see the clothing (hair/eyes...) on a living moving model. I've had many items that looked so-so in BS but were GREAT in CAS once I saw them move around. Wish CAS wasn't so %%&& blurry though! Guess it's because I only have an onboard 32Meg GForce4MX.
--------------------
Anyway....this is a great mod. Thanks.

Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 10:13 PM
Default NPC Outfit Replacer
To Valasia: I suggest using the recent program by SimWardrobe. Go to http://www.simwardrobe.com/ and then to "Sims2 Programs." It's called the Sims 2 NPC Replacer and works beautifully in my Victorian neighborhood.
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 1:25 AM
any chance of maybe supplying a tutorial on how to hide maxis clothes/hair? I don't want -all- of them hidden, but there are a few hairstyles and outfits that I hate seeing townies use and would love to get rid of just those few.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 2:01 AM
yes, definitely useful for those of us who play themed neighborhoods. thanks
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 2:02 AM
I could see where this would be useful...mostly I just wish someone could create a program to make Townies dress better....HELLO Asian hairstyle + strapless pink shirt + dark green zipper skirt = badness :yech:

The moon is full but there is an incompleteness. The days are beautiful but I feel a bitter sweetness. If I had a wish or even a choice I'd wake up to the sound of your voice. Oh how I miss waking up to the sound of your voice.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 2:19 AM
This is a very useful mod. I did not notice any slowness in loading. What I did notice is an amazing speed up in loading saved sims from the sim bin in cas. It used to take ages to load and now it is almost instant and it is quicker to go through them.
And now when I get to the end of the clothes I use, it is the end.

Is a mod to delete the maxis saved sims possible? I for one have never used them.

Thanks for this mod and for sharing it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:43 AM
Meska: to hide clothing or hair, the 'flags' entry in the Property Set needs to be increased with 1. If the current value is 0x00000000 turn it into 0x00000001, if it is 0x00000008 make it 0x00000009 and 0x0000000A becomes 0x0000000B.

Default clothes and hairstyles are listed in <game or xp>\TS data\Res\Catalog\Skins\Skins.package

To unhide, decrease the value with one.

If you open these mods in SimPE you'll see that they only contain the property sets for the clothes, I used a hex editor to find/replace the flags values.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:48 AM
Thank you soooooo much! I will never be using the Maxis created clothes again since I have all of the much nicer clothes from MTS2!!!! :nod:
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 7:17 AM
Gee, Jordi, you thought this mod was a waste of time and wouldn't be used. <grin>

Does that flags entry property set thing work on those space-wasting useless ugly Maxis sims in the bin? The Maxis house parts can stay but all else must go!

... Joint the Anti Maxis Default Sim Parts Jihad!

Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 12:45 PM
Waaaah!! This is REALLY awesome!! Many, many thanks from me! I hate this stupid n ugly maxis clothes. And, it's a perfect solution for my medieval neighborhood!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 1:29 PM
I totally agree, as I hated Maxis clothes from the start and always wondered if it was possible to delete them (as in the Sims 1).
I sure gonna use this. Thanks alot
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jordi
Meska: to hide clothing or hair, the 'flags' entry in the Property Set needs to be increased with 1. If the current value is 0x00000000 turn it into 0x00000001, if it is 0x00000008 make it 0x00000009 and 0x0000000A becomes 0x0000000B.

Default clothes and hairstyles are listed in <game or xp>\TS data\Res\Catalog\Skins\Skins.package

To unhide, decrease the value with one.

If you open these mods in SimPE you'll see that they only contain the property sets for the clothes, I used a hex editor to find/replace the flags values.

thanks. I'll give it a try.
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 2:21 PM
Dear jordi,

I kind of like most of the hair styles. Can you do a separate hack that is just for the clothes and another that is just for the hair?

Thanks.

Sealion

This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.
Elmer Davis - 1890-1958
Field Researcher
#22 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 7:39 PM
Thanks! Wonderful mod! I probably won't use it all the time, but for Themes it will be great. When I was doing my Medieval stuff it was so annoying to have the townies walking around in modern clothes!

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sealion
Dear jordi,

I kind of like most of the hair styles. Can you do a separate hack that is just for the clothes and another that is just for the hair?

Thanks.

Sealion

I agree; I love the hairstyles--like the plaits and ponytails. Hate all cornrows though, and the mumsy styles. And I like the new clothing for little girls with OFB. But the rest I hate!! This would be great to get rid of the horrid styles, if it could be sorted that way. It's an excellent idea and I would have snapped it up in a flash pre-OFB. I hate all the other new clothes, I just adore those little tops! If there was any way I could get rid of all the clothes but still keep the children's tops...
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 8:44 PM
To Jersey Princess

Wouldn't it be easier to export the files for the kids' clothing using Bodyshop, and reimporting them back into the game without editing any files? That way, they're still read as custom content, and once you install this mod then (theoretically), the shirts should still appear. =)
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 4:09 PM
My friend always uses the worst Maxis content on her sims, yay!

¤´¯`-´¯`¤¸¸.·*´¯`v´¯`*·.¸¸°o.OÑïñå°o.O¸¸.·*´¯`v´¯`*·.¸¸¤´¯`-´¯`¤
Page 1 of 5