Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Strawberry Fields a countryhome and flowershop.

by Maltha002 Posted 10th Apr 2006 at 7:21 PM - Updated 13th Apr 2006 at 6:07 AM by Maltha002

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 9:00 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my! Okay I'm officially having a contest. All of the people interested in entering in this contest, PM me, and name your house "Entry for The best Residental Lot". This....wow....you guy or girl are...AWESOME! If you entered your guarenteed a win!!

(()) www.sim2central.moonfruit.com
//\\ Where Sims Are Sims!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 9:50 PM
this is a very pretty house, i wish i could design houses becuz mines are ugly, well im going 2 download this house as soon as i get a chance!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 9:56 PM
amazing job!! i'll definately download this when i get open for business since it is the perfect set-up for a flower shop at home. thanks for the wonderful home.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 11:50 PM
This is a fabulous first upload! It's beautiful, thankyou And I love the story you gave with it!

Seize the moment... coz tomorrow you might be dead!
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 12:01 AM
Your creation inspired by 4 amazing creators.............these people are also my favourite. (I can't resist anything that Nengi does, she's so versatile) Thankyou for sharing this beautiful house and garden, also the story of your Sim, I really hope she gains custody back of her son!!
#7 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 12:22 AM
ohhhh i LOVE this place very nice work :nod:
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 1:40 AM
This is so beautiful thanks
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 3:21 AM
Maltha, you did an EXCELLENT job on this! The design is very real, and I love all the flowers!! Just in time for SPRING!!!

Thanks again!

"Mozart is sunshine" Antonin Dvorak (1841 - 1904)

See my other creations at
Simnuts Creations - Sims 3
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 5:01 AM
Oh.

My.

Good.

Googley!!!!!

It's absolutely stunning!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 9:41 AM
Aww this is adorable, I love it and the name suits it down to a T!
Thankyou
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 1:54 PM
This is beautiful. I'll definitely be adding it to my new neighborhood!

Do you know the exact page that you go the kitchen cupboards from?
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 3:13 PM
:clap: Lovely lot Maltha, love all the little details and the luscious landscaping!
Well done, keep up the good work!

Retired from Simming
Instructor
#14 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 4:05 PM
This is sooooo cute excellent job and I'm with Nengi I absolutely love the landscaping Thank you for sharing

Dee

Geezus, Mary, and Joseph....
visit my yahoo grouphttp://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
and a great forumhttp://www.reflexsimsforum.com/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 5:16 PM
Hello everyone,

thank you for showing your interest in this lot, and especially for the kind words! I’m amazed by it… :jig:
It has been fun watching the number of views grow and grow, now over 2000, what’s with that?!? Here I was sitting, thinking that the Strawberry Fields-home was such a straight forward house…I am so glad you all seem to like it.

Again, thank you!

For BrokenLit:
The kitchen used in the pictures can be found here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=55554
It is made by Rgiles, the Scarborough kitchen Collection, I love it, it looks so much better than half of the maxismade cupboards!

The countertop:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=84187
This is made by Moon Ez.

The wonderfull recolour, made by Cathy:
http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 9:04 PM
This is awesome, thank you for sharing! It's just how I like my houses, and with my favorite business type, I'll decorate the outdoors looking at the pictures, it looks so good. :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 12:58 AM
This is in my filtered search, which is supposed to be for downloads which do not require any expansion packs. Is this a boo-boo? Must I have OFB?

Geez, I hope not, because this is way too pretty not to have! I love it! I sure hope it's compatible with just the base game, because this is such torture not being able to use many of the beautiful homes I've seen lately!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 2:41 AM
THIS IS AWESOME!! But one last question - does this house require any expansion packs? I don't have any, so i'm hoping it doesn't because if it does it's gonna crash my game thanks because i've experienced other houses that often crash my game even though they're categorized under the "sims2 original" only, without nightlife and uni needed..so i'm just asking to double-check because i REALLY like this house!! thanks!!

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 4:56 AM Last edited by Maltha002 : 13th Apr 2006 at 6:09 AM.
Dear delicateflower3663 and joeySimzee, :sorry:

This is my first upload and I should have paid more attention to this,
but I think you do need the all of the expansionpacks, incl OFB.

Without the expansionpacks, the house will probably look very alike: most of the walls / floors and roof are included in the custom content, as are a lot of the flowers / plants. The beautifull windows made by simnuts101 are also included.

Since I have all the expansionpacks installed on my computer, I assume it needs all of them. I might have used a few things / items that are expansionpack-related.

13-04-2006:
I've edited the Strawberry Flields post, it now shows that you need all expansionpacks.

You can find my work at Just Another Sims Site
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 5:11 AM
thanks malta002 it's ok..but will it crash my game? it's alright if the house looks alike..just as long as it doesn't crash my game but thanks for teling me that by the way this is really good work :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 6:00 AM Last edited by Maltha002 : 13th Apr 2006 at 2:08 AM.
Dear joeySimzee,

i'm not sure if it will crash your game. I honestly don't know...

I always use the sims2pack Clean Installer before I install custom content in my dowloadsfolder. I write down the filenames of the newely downloaded content and then give it a try within the game. (Just try opening the downloaded files with Sims2Pack Clean Installer, the downloadfilename isn't alway the same as the filename used in the game.)

If my game crashes, it has happened to me before so I can totally relate to your concerns, I'm able to easily find the newly installed files and exclude them from the game, without having to uninstall / reinstall.

The sims2pack Clean Installer is available on MTS2.

I hope this is usefull to you and maybe others, good luck.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 6:11 AM
yay i'll go get the sims2pack Clean Installer now thanks for your help!!

Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 4:07 AM
Hey its a magnificent home. Keep up the good work.
Scholar
#24 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 3:23 PM
I love this house and am currently playing it with a lovely female sim (who is combining a military lifetime want with a budding flower business - maybe she's a real 60's flower child!)

Unfortunately I did have to re-landscape since, as the lot is designed, the gardener couldn't get to all the plants. She stayed around all day complaining and ended up costing a fortune.

Still 5 stars!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 8:04 PM
Dear Mac,

I've had that too, my Sim has found a new hobby: creating plastic flowers...lol.
To fix it I buy new ones and replace the old flowers, not an ideal way but it works.
Glad you still like the house, very appreciated, even though you had to create a new garden.

Greetings Maltha.

Page 1 of 2