Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 4:44 PM
Default Custom career level description problem
I've made a few careers but am really quite a beginner. I seem to have this problem in every career. When someone gets the career, the dialogue will list the job description as being either blank (for example: "There's an opening in the music career for a .") Or it will state the job at level 4 when the job the Sim is actually getting is level 1. For instance I'm working on a Geisha career, the first level is Okiya Maid, the fourth level is Senior Maiko. Every Sim who gets the job is actually getting in at level 1, Okiya Maid, but the dialogue says "There's an opening in the Geisha career track for a Senior Maiko." I can't figure out how to fix this. Everything else about the career seems to be working, it's got its own GUID and I even managed to attach custom clothing to it, but this one little dialogue problem is driving me bats. Can somebody tell me what I need to do in SimPE to fix this?

TIA,

- Judy
Advertisement
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 10:22 PM
Strange problem... Do you mind posting the file up so that I can take a closer look at it?

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 2:28 AM
You know I think I figured out what's causing the problem. This career only has 7 levels and that's what was messing the dialogues up. I'm not sure how to straighten it out. Maybe you really can't have less than 10 levels for an adult career without this happening?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 9:28 AM
I've managed to create careers will + or - the regular amount without any problems. Removing levels shouldn't really cause a problem.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 1:17 AM
This has been driving me so crazy I finally broke down and added three more levels just to make it an ordinary 10-level career. What was happening was it worked fine for men, but not for women (which is unfortunate because being a geisha career it's not designed for men anyway!) I can only think it has something to do with the text list that contains all the job level names and descriptions. The male are listed first followed by the female. I think because it only had 7 levels somehow the second set got mixed up because each job wasn't on the correct line. I couldn't figure out anything that solved the problem, unless there's something in SimPE you have to do to indicate the number of levels (besides in the career editor.) Anyway, it's a 10-level career now, but I'd still love to know how to make careers that are less than 10 without the dialogues getting mixed up.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 3:57 AM
Default Geisha Career!
Hey, is there anyway you can make your geisha career track so people can download it? Because I've been trying to make the career for a while, but am just not that computer savvy!