Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bruce Lee

by thunderbreak Posted 5th May 2006 at 7:23 AM - Updated 6th May 2006 at 3:31 AM by thunderbreak

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th May 2006 at 5:02 AM
OMG! you did a wonderful job! just excellent!

...And in the end, the love you take
is equal to the love you make...
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th May 2006 at 5:28 AM
Those screenshots look awesome! Well done, lad.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th May 2006 at 5:48 AM
WoW! This is the first time I've seen anything of yours ... yeah, I'm pretty new ... but I gotta tell you this ... this is unbelievable. There needs to be a 6th star level for the rating system ... for absolutely amazing! This looks so much like him. He was an incredible person, thank you so much for doing this tribute to him and for sharing him with the rest of us.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th May 2006 at 5:51 AM
@.@ the 2nd image makes me dizzy looking at it :S anyways really good job ^_^
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th May 2006 at 5:55 AM
he is such a legend! thank you for making him.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th May 2006 at 6:08 AM
nice job a lot better than mine. I guess you encountered the similar difficulties with finding parts that resemble him
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2006 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aw614
nice job a lot better than mine. I guess you encountered the similar difficulties with finding parts that resemble him
You did a Bruce Lee?! I did a search before I made him and nothing came up...this is weird. But yeah, I was going to use that stupid hair by Maxis, then I give up editing it because no matter what I did it wouldn't come out right.

Don't get mad, get even.
Scholar
#9 Old 6th May 2006 at 6:30 AM
Oh! He looks good Thunder!

"Your happiness is unrelated to anything you have inside." - Riku
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th May 2006 at 6:33 AM

Don't get mad, get even.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th May 2006 at 6:47 AM
Nice. That 3rd screenshot is not only hilarious, its brilliant! That is such a Bruce Lee pose and face. Even the way his fingers are has Bruce Lee all over it! Good job.

"I have bad dreams. Hell, yes. Just look at me, you can tell I have terrible dreams."
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th May 2006 at 7:19 AM
Wow! This looks fantastic, you did a great job!!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th May 2006 at 8:26 AM
These screenshots seriously freaked me out - he looks so much like Bruce!! You did a splendid job on him. Bravo!

"...And if wishes were horses, we'd be knee-deep in crap."
-- Dr. Robert Romano, /'ER'/
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th May 2006 at 10:31 AM
i thought you had abandoned us. Great come back though. 5 star!

'-.~<:'.,.$Ug@R-Pu££-$@m.,.':>~.-'
Instructor
#15 Old 6th May 2006 at 10:49 AM
Great sim. Thank you!!!

My projects: Vorkosigan Saga (comming soon) Maria Evgenija Veronica Guild Wars posters
537665746F736C61762052756D656E6F76205361766F76
One Sim to rule them all, One Sim to find them,One Sim to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th May 2006 at 11:41 AM
Wow he looks like Forest Law from The Game TEKKEN. You know that game???? Really great.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th May 2006 at 12:21 PM
Well thunder well, you rock, well, you know that well :D
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th May 2006 at 3:46 PM
Omg!!!!!!! I Have Been Waiting For Somebody To Do This Forever!!!!!!!! This Is So Great I Love It!!!! That Makes Me So Happy!!! Now He Can Kick Everybody's Ass!!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 6th May 2006 at 6:52 PM
Yay! A new creation! Its good to see you still have it!! HE looks great! I'll take him now and put him in later as soon as I re-install my game! Had a major malfuntion with my fire wall and my programs file disappeared! Good to see your work again!

I...will never be a memory.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th May 2006 at 7:22 PM
Thank you everyone

By the way, to all those video game fanatics who plays fighting games like Soul Calibur/Blade, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Street Fighter, and etc. Characters like Maxi/Li Long, Law, Jann Lee, (especially) Fei Long, are taken their designs from ol' Bruce and his Jeet Kun Do (movies versions though). And if you read Manga or watch Anime at all, guess where Rock Lee came from.

Don't get mad, get even.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th May 2006 at 7:55 PM
Really good job, looks so much like him :D
Only now him from the name though :P
You saide he was influencing pop culture? Never heard a single word 'bout that..but aint interested in pop, so...

Eternally a sin

Dans l'amour vrai c'est l'ame qui embrasse le corps <3

Something wicked is coming up..!
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 6th May 2006 at 8:03 PM
The similarity is awesome!!!! Are we going to be seeing the son Brandon Lee soon also? Fantastic job , thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th May 2006 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thunderbreak
You did a Bruce Lee?! I did a search before I made him and nothing came up...this is weird. But yeah, I was going to use that stupid hair by Maxis, then I give up editing it because no matter what I did it wouldn't come out right.

yeah here is the link, I chose the simcribbing hair, but even then it didnt look good. Just used it since I cant make meshes.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=113158
never actually felt pleased with it since the beginning, just released it b/c I couldnt figure out what was missing to make it look more like him. \
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th May 2006 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkValentin
Really good job, looks so much like him :D
Only now him from the name though :P
You saide he was influencing pop culture? Never heard a single word 'bout that..but aint interested in pop, so...
Main Entry: popular culture

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: contemporary lifestyle and items that are well known and generally accepted, cultural patterns that are widespread within a population; also called pop culture

Source: Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v 0.9.6)

If you ever watched the first Lion King before, try to remember the end when Rafiki VS hyenas, and he poped that Kung Fu stuff, that's a parody of Bruce Lee. It's just an example I can think on top of my head.

Don't get mad, get even.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th May 2006 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aw614
yeah here is the link, I chose the simcribbing hair, but even then it didnt look good. Just used it since I cant make meshes.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=113158
never actually felt pleased with it since the beginning, just released it b/c I couldnt figure out what was missing to make it look more like him. \
If you want to make a real person, then you need to adjust every aspect to make the sim look like the real person, for example; you used Maxis default skin tone, well how are you going to make it look like Bruce Lee if you can't illustrate his facial features? All the Maxis default have only the most basic things of a person's face, well if the person you are trying to make have a mole on his/her face, then you'll be in trouble.

Don't get mad, get even.
Page 1 of 2