Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Classic gaming characters--pt 1: Monkey Island

by Silus Posted 22nd May 2006 at 4:35 AM

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:57 PM
Thank you very much for these characters!!!

It's nice to see that I'm not alone in missing adventure games, oh how I loved "The day of the Tentacle" or the "Monkey Island Series" (No 3 being my favourite.The comic style made it so charming).

Maybe you'll make Bernard Bernoulli, Hoagie,Laverne or the other characters from DOTT.

Please come back point & click!

...goes and plays The day of the Tentacle(thank you Lucas Arts Collection )

A friend whose hopes we cannot satisfy is a friend we would rather have as an enemy.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd May 2006 at 11:08 PM
I loved those games, along with King's Quest, and Quest for Glory. Any chance you will make Sims out of those characters?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd May 2006 at 11:11 PM
Yay, loving monkey island, particularly Guybrush Threepwood and Elaine Marley, now Threepwood-Marley. Keep up the good work
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd May 2006 at 11:37 PM
awesome job on immortalizing classic video game characters. I never played Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle (and your other Loom sim) but an old friend of mine was a big gamer and he loved those games. Kudos!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th May 2006 at 1:59 AM
Games based on adventure game characters?!

Mentions of Al Lowe and Robert Williams?!

Are you for real?

Do you take requests?

Susan feverishly points to her username for no particular reason ...
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th May 2006 at 2:22 AM
Awesome! I'm a Monkey Island fanatic!!! :D
Alchemist
#8 Old 24th May 2006 at 12:11 PM
HI Silus
Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and Fates of Atlantis, The Dig, the George Stobbard adventure series, are still and forever in my heart. I still play adventure game (also for taking a break from Sims2) but obviously the design fashion, the graphic engine and players expectations are different now. I've seen that someone here (sorry, later I will get the name) posted Still Life paintings, this is my last played adventure. Very dark.

Thank you for these characters, I really enjoyed playing Monkey Island, it was years and years before Sims1, when Doom was at it first step (Uhh, so many nights spent with them!) and Lara Croft was only in the GAME LORD mind.

Ciao
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th May 2006 at 11:15 PM
Oh i loved all of those old point and click RPGs! Monkey Island, Simon the sorcerer, Day of the tentacle....this takes me back! Are you going to make some of the other characters? Elaine, Wally, The fortune teller, Largo...all classics.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th May 2006 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lamammaforever
I've seen that someone here (sorry, later I will get the name) posted Still Life paintings, this is my last played adventure. Very dark.
Those paintings would be here.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Alchemist
#11 Old 26th May 2006 at 1:02 PM
Thank you Laura for the links to Still Life paintings. Actually I did'nt have the time to find it yesterday. Ciao.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th May 2006 at 7:31 PM
Yaaaahhhh, other Monkey Island fans!!! Was beginning to think my fam. were the only one's. Got my hubby addicted to it.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Mark Twain
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 1:10 AM
man i miss those games Threepwood kicked ass
Forum Resident
#14 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 5:18 PM
I love those games, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 9:19 PM
Woohoo! MI sims! Thanks!
Too bad Lucasarts is only doing Star Wars games nowadays, I would love a new Monkey Island. And a third Laura Bow would be auwsome...

As I see here some true point and clic fans, do you guys know that some old lucasarts employes created their own studio to create a point and clic game: A Vampire Story (http://www.amegames.com/)
Looks pretty good so far, but release date keeps changing, hope it come out one day!

Sorry for the off topic post, but I hope it will interest some of you

Now I'll go and torture my brand new Guybrush, he,he