Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Empty CAS screen *updated*

by windkeeper Posted 1st Jun 2006 at 9:23 PM - Updated 19th Nov 2006 at 9:34 PM by windkeeper

120 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 107 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 9:27 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 9:32 PM
i like it! very good!

This message is sponsored by DIET COKE. Drink up!!!
Air Guitar: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97977

If you like my creation(s) please use the thanks button and if you want to post a comment!
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 9:44 PM
The ugly and almost utterly imobile CAS contents have irked me for a long time. Though I've been able to design CAS screens around them, I'd thought it would be nice to be able to remove them altogether.

Thanks for putting this together.

Want more? Visit Digital Perversion
I'm not gonna do it, and you can't make me!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 10:02 PM
Wow thank you! I have always hated that CAS! screen.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 10:28 PM
This is so great. Thank you.

The new things everyone comes up with just amazes me. :clap: Things you never thought of to want and then you see it and "POOF" You see it and decide you just can't live without it.

Thanx So Much,
TickleYu
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 11:48 PM
yay!! no more bothersome paintings that sometimes gets in the way of a good preview pic! thanks for this!!

visit my sims2 site: http://lliella.com
:::everyday fashion for your sims:::
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 11:55 PM
Ohhhhhh, wowwwww. I can't tell you how much I'd been hoping for something like this. I've been kinda slow to even bother making a nice CAS (or even downloading any) because that stupid couch and the pics and stuff were so difficult to deal with.

Just curious - would it be possible to remove the mirror as well, and any/all of the parts from the second screen with the backdrop? I kind of like the idea of being able to do a mirrored wall or a custom mirror behind the sim rather than the default one, and that backdrop and the antique camera and stuff kinda bug me too - ideally I'd like the whole darn thing as blank as possible... Still, certainly not complaining, just curious if that's also a possiblity.

Thank you so much, windkeeper - for creating this, and for sharing it with all of us.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 12:07 AM
Yes, it should be possible. Requires lots of testing, I will add stuff here once I have more.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 2:15 AM
thanks so much for this, windkeeper...
im definently going to make that pool party CAS! iv always wanted but couldnt acheive because of those hideous painting and such! :baloons:
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 3:34 AM
Thank you SOOOO much! Now perople aren't limited to making the CAS and working around the paintings! That podium was kinda ugly too. Thank you soo much!
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 5:38 AM
It's perfect, thank you
Can you plz tell me how did you hide menu (toolbar) ?
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 6:44 AM
Thats great. No more annoyances. Thanks.

Oh, loloka, you press F10

"If you didn't fondle contraceptive devices, the hailstones wouldn't chat casually with you."
Get your quote here...
Just copy and paste
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 9:43 AM
Does this make loading the CAS screen faster?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 12:16 PM
Woot! Thanks, windkeeper. I needed this real bad...

Hanging upside down to sleep does not make you cool or alternative - I know, because I've tried it...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:24 PM
wow!!! i've always wanted to change the default plain mirror...and now you've made it possible! this is awesome! *wipes off drool*

visit my sims2 site: http://lliella.com
:::everyday fashion for your sims:::
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lolocka
It's perfect, thank you
Can you plz tell me how did you hide menu (toolbar) ?
If you make a screenshot using game camera (by pressing 'C'), it removes the toolbar, makes a screenshot and places it in Storytelling folder. Though its not as big as the straight forward PrintScreen.

Quote: Originally posted by SIMpleMan
Oh, loloka, you press F10
F10 doesn't work in CAS screen, it does in regular game.

Quote: Originally posted by conage
Does this make loading the CAS screen faster?
Good question. It might, but I couldn't really tell on my computer.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 4:53 PM
ty ty ty ty ty ty iwanted this for ages GREAT WORK

Sorry for how I write. English Isn't my language.
And check out my stuff HERE

Check out my tutorial how to make a fully walk able attic
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 6:11 PM
That's just brilliant! I experimented with that for my cold anger CAS, but I didn't think about NOT including the files in a CAS...
And thank you as well for the mirror options! *runs to play with CAS screens*

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 7:54 PM
Oh yay- I was just making a CAS screen and when I realized that all of the paintings and backdrops and stuff are connected, I gave up. But now, I can make my torture hole CAS screen again! Yay!

Out of commision because my computer is a complete piece of crap.
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 8:16 PM Last edited by simsgal2003 : 4th Jun 2006 at 8:43 PM.
Its simply great Windkeeper thank you so much...just a question...If i make a CAS screen using your file without objects, do I link back to your files here or is it just that we dont share your files...but just share my CAS. I want to make sure I dont offend. Thanks again
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#22 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 11:11 PM
Oh, windkeeper, if you were within range, I would kiss you. Updated with completely blank stuff, YAY! I have been wanting this for SO LONG and you've done it, and you rule, and exclamation points of joy!!!! Thank you!!!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 11:38 PM
THANK YOU!!! I was meaning to do something like this, but I never got around to it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsgal2003
Its simply great Windkeeper thank you so much...just a question...If i make a CAS screen using your file without objects, do I link back to your files here or is it just that we dont share your files...but just share my CAS. I want to make sure I dont offend. Thanks again

Umm, not sure I understand the second part of your question, but here goes. If you share your CAS that you made with this hack, people who download your CAS will need to have this hack installed as well. Otherwise all the paintings etc will still be visible in their game. You should link to this thread, ask them to download the hack, and also tell people which version of the hack did you use, as there are several versions of some files here.
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 11:35 PM
Thank you so much Windkeeper, this is brillant. I finally have my CAS with a glass wall in the background, it makes everything look so bright and airy. And the replacement mirror suits my cas so well. Thank you thank you thank you.

Thank you!
Page 1 of 5