Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Underground Shower Tech!

by Half Pint Posted 24th Jun 2006 at 11:53 PM

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 11:54 PM
looks great in game goes well in a big bathroom great mesh btw
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 12:08 AM
this is one of the nicest showers i have seen in a long time! thanks!

#4 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 12:08 AM
Nice Job Hp
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 1:02 AM
Oh very nice! I love making huge bathrooms so this will be cool! I'm looking forward to more of your creations!! Thanks so much!

I...will never be a memory.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 1:17 AM
Whoooooo thanks so much, looks good!

Click here if you want to see something really cool!
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 2:01 AM
Great Job! Is underground the name of the collection or is there a specific meaning that goes with the object?

Just call me Netta.
Takes Requests for: Sims and Clothes
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 6:01 AM
I love it. It looks great. Thanks!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 8:51 AM
nice job thanx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stefanetta
Great Job! Is underground the name of the collection or is there a specific meaning that goes with the object?

Uneground is the name of the colection, its also the name of my website (Underground Sims 2)

HP
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 12:52 PM
Great work. Thanka thanks....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 1:17 PM
if anyone has any ideas of other objects that could be made in he same style as the shower, please let me know!

Tnks
HP
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 2:46 AM Last edited by Minstrel : 29th Jun 2006 at 2:54 AM.
I haven't seen it in-game so I'll have I'll have to hold to potential retraction rights but from the screenie only? This looks so hot! Great work. Bathrooms always leave me feeling like they shouldn't be designed as glorified closets so a shower that brings this much style is greatly welcomed in my view. WTG.

I think an extra consideration could be to differentiate the look of your 'posts' so that each has a different pattern on each as it breaks up the 'realism' of the marble look as marble is of it's essence never the same pattern over the same area. You could try flipping them horizontally and possibly break each into three pieces to provide yourself enough variation to 'trick' the eye.
Inventor
#14 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 11:35 PM
urm do you even know what your talking about? I have been doing this for a long time and i just read through your post and was ammazed by how much your trying to sound like you know 1 word of what you are talking about when i see some of your work then i will judge your skills on what you are talking about
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 6:58 PM
WOW super sharp thanks for sharing and as a suggestion if possible things to go with this shower I believe an underground tub or as other ppl would say sunken kinda like Snowstorms sunken tub only bigger just a suggestion though keep up the great work
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 7:44 AM Last edited by Minstrel : 9th Jul 2006 at 7:56 AM.
Wow... I would never be so rude to someone who gave me as many compliments as I did; I'm sorry if you need to make me out to be an idiot for trying to help you; I won't be doing it again. However for other people that might not have 'caught' what I was referrring to I will detail it for them. Next time I advise more consideration on your part about who might be on the other side of the keyboard however since you only make yourself look foolish jumping on people.

Keep in mind that what I wrote was a suggestion for improvements/next version ideas. We should all be paying constant attention to how we could create our best end-product. All ideas can be improved and sometimes a different set of eyes on a project is helpful. In this case such a view was not respected; but that doesn't make me wrong either.

I would personally welcome comments on my work; I have two sets of tshirts coming out soon. I can't currently due objects due to not being able to run SimPE however. I was trying to be helpful to you not "judge your skills" which I said are excellent; I think it looks great. As for my not having any current projects or many posts which is all I can assume there was for you to dismiss my post as unworthy...

Well, in fact I've been doing assorted game graphics for over a decade now. I am also Graphics Admininstrator for a website based upon modding another game. There I have made over 100 projects in the past two years including some base graphics for the game interface that will ship with the new version coming out in September, including design of the game's "splash screen".

So you are mightily mistaken of my not knowing what I'm talking about. But hey, I know, it's always easier to call the other guy an idiot instead. I see it every day on my site and all accross the net.

For people who might appreciate such comments/examples here you go:

By saying in my original post "bathrooms shouldn't be glorified closets" I meant I agree with and appreciate the design decision to make a big centerpiece of a shower. I always feel when laying out a sim bathroom that I want to make it much larger even though it can be functional at a small footprint. This shower helps address that problem which I think is cool.

By 'posts' I meant of course the black marble posts at each of the corners of the shower, not sure how I could have been clearer. I would point to those as a good recoloring focus to quickly transform the project to reach more people; for example if a black shower didn't work with their house. I think other colors of marble would be great adds and even a version with gold or silver would I'm sure be well recieved.

Looking at the screenshot there are five such 'posts' showing; and they are done in the black marblized pattern. Marble however is, of it's nature, very random looking. You can always tell fake marble because it's pattern noticeably repeats.

Here, each of these posts has white areas in the very same spots which hurts the overall look. To accent that point look at the portions between the green lines here.

This could be addressed in numerous ways but a very simple and quick one would be to take the same graphic and rotate it 180 degrees. Use that version for the post you plan on placing right next to the original post. I've done just that in the following image. As you can see the identical white portions in the front two posts now are in differing locations. That helps as I said originally "trick the eye" into thinking it's marble not the same exact post repeated 6 times.

You could do this as much as needed to keep mixing things up; you could segment that original post image into multiple pieces an rotate/re-assemble those pieces to make each post look different; lending to a more convincing marble look. Just quickly manipulating the screenshot here is an example of the difference a few quick tweaks make, More on the segmenting concept located in the text on the example.

Best of luck with your designs in the future. -Minty
Field Researcher
#17 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 6:42 PM
thats a great shower! love the marble, it matches my walls! thanks
Instructor
#18 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 2:42 AM
hey thanks, it looks pretty kool
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 2:38 AM
thanks great work!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 12:01 PM
This shower is going to look so cool in the bathroom I've got in mind.Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 7:21 AM
Cool! Love it, will favorite it to save the thread URL.. or whatevs.

ENTJ
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:54 AM
my sister downloaded some random shower and when she click on it it says masturbation,oral orientation,doggy style,etc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Oct 2023 at 8:41 PM
Looks great :) Thank you for sharing.