Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neighborhood Greener Grass replaces Maxis grass Terrain

by mzcynnamon Posted 4th Jul 2006 at 2:43 AM - Updated 5th Jul 2006 at 9:10 AM by mzcynnamon

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 4:55 AM
Thank you so much!!!

The Maxis original looks like ugly crab grass.
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 4:57 AM
This one is awsome! You did a great job! Keep it up! :D

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 5:02 AM
Finally real looking grass that matches the neighborhood! Thanks for the great hack!! :O)

It is better to keep your mouth shut and allow people to think you are unwise than open your mouth and confirm it!
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 5:10 AM
lol the grass of a pefrect world.

Reminds me of thoes 50's moveis u see on tv.

Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 6:17 AM
Thank you all hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Residential sims2 updated June 23, 2007
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 7:20 AM
Great, now the grass is greener on this side!
Looks great

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Instructor
#8 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 3:06 PM
Yippie! Thank you so much for making a grass version too mzcynnamon! Now Pleasantville really looks like Pleasantville. :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 3:09 PM
I love it can you make a chunky snow to replace the concrete?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 4:28 PM
I really love this thankyou!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 6:30 PM
Your Welcome if you have any problem feel free to let me know

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 7:18 AM
I got a problem. I long ago painted my terrain with a different color... now everything else is ur replacement color but wha i did... how do i change that? the maxis that u replace doesn't use the same color too. can u make a terrain paint so we can all fix it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
I got a problem. I long ago painted my terrain with a different color... now everything else is ur replacement color but wha i did... how do i change that? the maxis that u replace doesn't use the same color too. can u make a terrain paint so we can all fix it

I added the terrainpaint I used. When I edit the grass images there were original like 133 texture images file. But, all of them didn't need to be replaced and this took forever to figure out which ones. I think I redid this like 30 times.

I dont quite understand you statement especially this part
Quote:
now everything else is ur replacement color but wha i did... how do i change that?

Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 3:23 PM Last edited by hedesrochers : 5th Jul 2006 at 3:58 PM. Reason: I tried it in my game.
When I work on my lots, one of the things I do, once the lot is just how I want it, is to paint the grass a more realistic green. It has constantly bugged me that they stick out like a sore thumb because Maxis default grass is crappy looking.

I download your terrain then loaded up my game, WOW I am so happy with the way my neighborhood view looks. You have done a great job.

Keep up the awesome work and when are your coming soon houses on your website going to be ready?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 5:43 PM
Thank you much hedesrochers. The houses are already ready I'm just lazy about adding them I guess. I'm going out of town tonight but, I will try to upload at least one before I leave the key word is try. lol. I haven't even packed yet and I have 8 hours. I'm soooo last minute.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 6:44 PM
now everything else is ur replacement color but wha i did... how do i change that?

I meant that the lot is the terrain paint i put down... but the neighorhood is ur recolor. i can't figure out how to delete my terrian paint from the ground so it will just be ur recolor
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 7:21 PM
oh just click the terrain paint like your going to cover it and hold the ctrl button and start to paint. while holding the button the entire time it will delete or undo all the terrain paint.

Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 1:59 AM
THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! I too always paint my lots greener but hated that the rest of the terrain didn't match....again, Thank You!!!
Theorist
#19 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 6:23 AM
Thanks this is so cool!!!
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 9:02 AM
Tankoo! So Awesome! Now I can get rid of that pesky brownish green grass!

(( ))My Grandmother has cancer. I only have a few years left with her. To support other people with Cancer copy and paste the ribbon into your sig box.
// \\
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 3:17 PM
I've played with this a couple days now and love it. Thank you! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 3:26 PM
I'm sooooooooooo glad you like this as much as I do. everyone is Welcome. kisses

Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Jul 2006 at 3:45 AM
Simply Dashing!

I know I know i'm not from england but i like to say that
Field Researcher
#24 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 6:02 AM
mzcynnamon, I have used this mod for a while it is exceptional I love it. It makes the hood look brilliant.
Big five star thank you

Facts are meaningless they can be used to prove anything
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 11:46 PM
thank you and you quite welcome as always. Maybe I'll redo my snow replacement

Page 1 of 2