Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Jul 2006 at 2:01 AM
These are custom water terrain paints and you can get such (and hundreds of various terrains) by searching at the downloads build section ( ground cover) .Apart from here, any site with custom content , especially building related sites, have custom terrains. I use many from www.sterlingsims2.com

Thanks everyone

Corvi

You will find my older and newest creations here
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 4:25 AM
Default one question?
yes thats good and easy to follow but i have one question, where do you get the water, coral, and rock terrain paintings and how do you get the water?

(well technically it's two questions! lol)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 8:02 AM
hi crystal
Search where are the terrain-paints in the download section...
There is no water ! Sims will jump from the diving board and exit with the ladder. The most important is te depth not too much to let the simm to jump and sufficient to enclose the area otherwise it "escape" and swim in the whole lot until it use the ladder to exit. for my previous pblem, the sims escaped usind the sideway.
I hope I help you

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by patul
hi crystal
Search where are the terrain-paints in the download section...
There is no water ! Sims will jump from the diving board and exit with the ladder. The most important is te depth not too much to let the simm to jump and sufficient to enclose the area otherwise it "escape" and swim in the whole lot until it use the ladder to exit. for my previous pblem, the sims escaped usind the sideway.
I hope I help you

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! ok! i thought there was some kind of special water tool that you use to fill the lake! lol ,and i found the terrain paints now i'm gonna go make the lake! thank you patul!
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 11:11 PM
Great tutorial, pity it wasnt around earlier so I wouldnt have to learn by trial n error thanks corvi. Just a few questions to make my life easier next time around, you have been using a 6 click below ground level to avoid sims swimming all over the place previous tutorials have stated 5, I am not argueing, and at the risk of sounding pedantic which I am not, if the terrain is not homogenous and therefore not in line with the level of the terrain as given are the 6 clicks meant to be below standard ground level or 6 clicks below that which the sims would actually walk on when they left the pool?

Thankyou KOs

It's not that they are not real that bothers me, I find that's a bonus, it's just that I can't touch them!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 6:11 AM
The height of 6 click is for the edge of the area, the sim will swim (in place of walk) until it use the ladder (to avoid swimming on the ground in the whole lot -see pics whith th pblem i had). It may be an interesting bug to make "dolphsims" lots. It is the same for sloped swimmingpools, the sim can swim up or down.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 8:15 AM
well patul we can look forward to finding out together since I am trying that very same thing thanks

It's not that they are not real that bothers me, I find that's a bonus, it's just that I can't touch them!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 5:28 PM
thank you soooooo much for this tutorial corvidophile2. really clear and easy to follow. and yes it works for me! my sims are happily swimming around in the water and NOT inside the house. some of the other methods of making swimmable lakes use the boolProp cheat which is all well and good (although i find it a bit scary to use for some reason lol), but with yours alls i needed was moveobjects! huzzah! thanks again, you really saved me from using up a lot of time and frustration.

"old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, 'you're next.' they stopped after i started doing the same thing to them at funerals."
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:33 PM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 20th Aug 2009 at 12:00 AM.
corvidophile2, here is what I came up with and I hope that you approve?

(I'm just using blue carpet for these quick tests.)
And I kind of "borrowed" that lower-foundation idea from JustTheBast.
His brilliant idea is next, as soon as I can "separate" his underwater house from the simple water that I really want, you know.

Thank you!
(Shame your pictures went poof.)

But later, around 2am when visiting sims wanted to leave, it was not pretty, corvidophile2? (Some even wanted to die or "drown"?)

... Jim ...
Screenshots
Page 2 of 2