Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Residential Outdoor Trashcan recolors

by Oli Posted 8th Aug 2006 at 10:55 AM - Updated 19th Nov 2008 at 2:54 PM by -Maylin-

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 11:10 AM
Thank's Thank's Thank's finelly somebody got the idea.

Just yesterday i was thinking, why does nobody recolor this old trashcan?

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 2:59 PM Last edited by Siofra : 9th Aug 2006 at 3:00 PM. Reason: stupid half functional space bar...
You know, I always get really annoyed because there are a million different beddings and couches, but barely anyone recolors the mundane things like this so that they can match the beddings and couches. Thank you!

check out my Simblr. Mostly object recolors.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 4:01 PM
Cool im surprised no one's thought of this! Good work.

Likeing new TS3 build grid and placements, not liking TS3 Store and changes to shops.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 11:24 PM
I have been looking for this for so long.
Now my trachcans can match my mailboxes!
Thank you

It is imperative that we be given preference over these mendicants...
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 4:39 AM
Now this is a first and it is something all of us need. Thank you for these recolors.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 9:37 PM
Maybe I'm very stupid, but I can't find the recolors in the game.

I tried it with the designing tool and looked under the deco section and misc.

Do I have to put the files in the download folder or collection folder or else?

Love dosen't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwile. - Franklin. P. Jones
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Llial
Maybe I'm very stupid, but I can't find the recolors in the game.

I tried it with the designing tool and looked under the deco section and misc.

Do I have to put the files in the download folder or collection folder or else?

Files go in the download folder as usual.

When you are in build or buy mode use the redesign (update) tool and click on the existing trashcan; this should make the trick.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Llial : 15th Aug 2006 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Posting updated
I have the files in the DL folder. I even pulled them out off the subfolder, just in case, but nothing happend.

Now I downloaded the CEP again and reinstalled. Hope that will do the trick, perhaps the CEP got corrupted.

I let you know if it works.

Edit: Nope, didn't do the trick neither.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th May 2007 at 5:22 AM
Yeah, I've tried these with the design tool and cannot get the recolors either. Has anyone been able to? I'd really like to use these great recolors in my game!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th May 2007 at 12:47 PM
It's working fine in my game.
Thankyou Oli !!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th May 2007 at 4:57 PM
Well, how or where do you access them? Do you need to download the buyable trashcan for this to work? I tried to use the design tool in both build and buy mode and I kept getting the comment "this item is not designabe" or something similar.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th May 2007 at 10:55 PM
Edejan, I just double checked and these recolors work on all my trashcans (Both Maxis and downloaded). I'm simply using the design tool in both buy and build as you are. Nothing special.

I guess these Woodsy Recolored Trashcans by BillySims also don't show up for you?
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...hlight=Trashcan

Sorry I don't know why it's not working in your game. Maybe someone else has a clue.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 25th May 2007 at 7:49 AM
Yeah, I tried the wood recolors and have the same problem. I can't figure it out. I've got other downloads where I have to use the design tool to recolor and they work. ...sigh...too bad! I really love your recolors and just HATE the filthy Maxi's can. Thanks for your efforts!!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 3:37 AM
Billy's got a fix in his journal - http://www.modthesims.info/journal....owjournal&j=484