Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Suits With Badges (or without badges)

by fanseelamb Posted 14th Aug 2006 at 5:24 AM - Updated 19th Dec 2008 at 12:45 AM by fanseelamb

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 1:19 PM
I love your agent Mulder, he's so realistic :D! Thanks for your suits

~~~>Marie
Sorry for my mistakes, i'm French :p!
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 2:11 PM
those are great can't wait untill next Monday for Vanished wooh hoo
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 5:07 PM
FREEZE!! FBI!! Great work
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 8:19 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 5th Dec 2006 at 7:03 PM.
gomgom: Thanks!!! I love Mulder too.

benbop: One week! Or... two until he's wearing this suit!

FBI Agent: I love your screenname, dude. :D

Everyone else: Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 9:48 PM
Fabulous, finally my Law and Order sims have something to wear. I really like the line of "work" type clothes you've been making recently like the scrubs. Now let's all watch the new season of Fox shows!

Check out my journal for helpful tips for creating Buy & Build Mode stuff for TS2!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 10:19 PM
Thanks, er... House!

The dark skinned model is actually my own little Detective Green.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 10:55 PM
I'm getting quite a collection of your menswear. Thank you! Your suits are so useful. I know many people who cannot wear casual work clothes.

I don't suppose there is any chance of seeing a couple suits for other body types people have made, like the Athlete or Consort's big guy mesh, for example? It's so hard finding suits for them that are conservative enough, and you seem to be the pinnacle of sim-suitmakers.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 11:39 PM
Aw, thanks Jaedle!

But it's unlikely I'll make suits for other body types. Sorry. There are some awesome suits for the bodybuilder at insiminator though. Have you seen those? I just prefer the Maxis body type over most of the (often amazing) custom meshes, so that's what I like making clothes for.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 3:29 AM
awesome! now i can finish my Chris Meloni sim! Thank you!

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 7:40 AM Last edited by Jaedle : 15th Aug 2006 at 7:45 AM.
Thanks for answering, Fanseelamb. I understand you want to make things you'll use in your own game. I wish I knew how to do these things. Ironically, I wanted an Athlete suit and one big guy suit for a couple of X-Files characters. Your Mulder IS very good.

You might like this site:
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com

Their forum is weirdly addictive if you like the trad look or anyone in your family is/was trad. I found it while looking for "Presidential-style" tie and suit textures. Found lots of good ones in picture posts, but utterly failed to do any successful recolors.

Just grabbed some nifty suits from the Insim site. The athlete ones aren't really agent-style, but they are spiffy more casual suits. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 12:15 PM
OMG! Thank you so much for making and sharing these. I heart you to pieces! :lovestruc

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 1:17 PM
You rock.

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 7:23 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 15th Aug 2006 at 8:43 PM.
Oh my gosh, Jaedle... that forum is.... wow! I'd never heard the term "trad" before. I usually just make clothes that guys on TV or in RL look cute in. You can learn too! It's frustrating at first but once you get the hang of it it's fun. Although now that you say these would be for the Bounty Hunter I kinda want to make some. The Bounty Hunter would be a fun sim villian with his slicked back hair and mean disposition. Or were you thinking of someone else? Who would the big guy suit be for? That guy from the consortium, maybe?

Erm, yeah... anyway....

photo_me2004: Chris Meloni! That's a good idea.

ephemera: :lovestruc

cold: Aw, thanks! *turns up the heat*
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 2:08 AM
Yep, those are the guys I want to make. There are nice slicked back hairstyles around that would work great for the Bounty Hunter.

Isn't that forum awesome? I learned a lot at that site. The guys that post there are the people who wear classic suits every day, so it's a neat resource. I was looking at the Armani site recently, too, because a lot of Mulder's clothes were Armani, but there aren't many useable textures there. Good for inspiration, though.
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 2:52 AM
These are great, I love them. You make the best clothes for men I've come across.

In case you're looking for inspiration, wouldn't these suits, with or w/o the badges, look cool if the jackets and ties came with jeans and sneakers? That look makes me drool. Just thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, applause applause <throws confetti around> Nice job.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 3:58 AM
I love your clothes I probably have half my sims wearing them. Thanx for the great downloads.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 2:22 PM
*snicker* Must get...just in case Paris Prince ever becomes a detective...he'd give your Mulder a run for his money as far as foolishness goes...
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 2:26 AM
LOL, I love these... both variations!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 10:50 AM Last edited by billielith : 15th Oct 2015 at 3:42 AM.
This is awesome!

*update - this is indeed awesome! And I recently tried watching that Tru Blood show you love, quite interesting!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 11:48 PM
Cool realistic outfit. Does it replace the one's in the police career?
I remember outfit like this in Sims 1 as a detective.
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 2:40 PM
Is there any chance that you could convert this over to the sims 4?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 4:18 PM
Thank u!