Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The SCRIPTORIUM: v. 2.2f (BugFix + Radiance 2.4)

by Numenor Posted 26th Sep 2006 at 1:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:19 PM by Nysha

644 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 613 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 26
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 1:49 AM
Fantastic job again
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 1:55 AM
Dear Lawdy,

Thank you for sending us NumNum for our TS2 games. This is the uber.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 1:55 AM
Thank you Numenor this is all Greek to me but i'm sure it's not to others LOL

You will find my older and newest creations here
Instructor
#5 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 2:08 AM
This is what we call "genius."
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 2:32 AM
Default Ty Ty Ty
Thanks so much for making it so much easier for all of us gamers/wannabe-modders!! There have been times when I've installed, then had to go back and remove, re-read instructions, re-install cuz, duh, did it wrong....well, just thanks. :D
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 2:32 AM
Looks interesting. I want to play around with it
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 2:33 AM
It's wonderful having someone as brilliant as you in our community!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 2:33 AM
Oh, dear Numenor! May I worship your genius? :D
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 2:41 AM
Does this mean that your modular wooden steps are easy to access then before. I always had to do it the manual way but yours had no text file included so there was a bit stuffing around. No more??
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:04 AM
..... B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T...... and the ModFather strikes again!
Thank you!

That's all for today folks ... thanx for your attention!
Marianne Alpert
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:17 AM
Thank you so much! This is brilliant!! *Bows* May I ask a question? If we uninstall this after having installed the radiance mod, do lights revert to Maxis? In other words, it is still neccesary to back-up the lighting files?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:20 AM
WooHoo.. It's Great!! Thanks...

If I already have GunMod Radiance light installed, can I untick the "Light" options in the Scriptorium installer?

Woof !
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corvidophile2
Thank you Numenor this is all Greek to me but i'm sure it's not to others LOL

Believe me, it's a long post that describes an extremely easy thing.
Download the installer, run it without modifying anything, and you're done.

The next time you will download a custom modular stair, and you will see how much easier is installing it, you will thank me
Of course, creators must comply to the simple posting rules suggested above; if they don't, yell at them!

Quote: Originally posted by motherspet
Does this mean that your modular wooden steps are easy to access then before. I always had to do it the manual way but yours had no text file included so there was a bit stuffing around. No more??

My modular stairs (all of them) are just replacements of the Maxis ones: they don't need any special installation.
Custom modular stairs, like Brasstex's ones (just to mention the first that created one of them), on the contrary, needed the special manual editing procedure, that now is no longer required.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:27 AM
WooHOO! Thanks so much. So easy it must be magic. I just created a text file with the code and named it after the creator and wawwlaa! I never liked messing with my core files and now I don't have to.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

"Your just jealous because the voices only talk to me."
Simpley Ashley | The Sims Link Directory
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#16 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:36 AM
I don't like messing with those core files, too, but I have edited the one to add custom stairs and had no problems with them showing up in game as long as I did the edits correctly. Thanks for making this so simple for us! You're the best, Numenor!

DDO
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:38 AM
Your mods never cease to amaze me! Thank you so much for all you've done for the game.
Scholar
#18 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 3:57 AM
Gread work master, you're always amazing in your work
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 4:51 AM
Now this shall make life easier for us. Thanks for another wonderful item from you!!!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 7:06 AM
This is brilliant! Thank you. I haven't put back in my game any of the custom stairs I used but when I'll do it will definitely be much easier with this mod.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#21 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 7:40 AM
This is going to revolutionise the experience. I know how to do the stuff by hand but it always gives me this "do I have to?" feeling, instead of being fun :D
Field Researcher
#22 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 8:33 AM
Totally awesome Numenor, Once again you rocked the Maxis empire ^^
Forum Resident
#23 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 9:17 AM
This sound wonderful to me... I am one of those people you describe.. who would rather don't download the object than to go fumbling around files I know nothing about and am afraid to mess up.

Thank you for thinking of us,

Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 9:26 AM
Ah very good, thank you so much.
Instructor
#25 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 10:23 AM
could I ask...does this work for existing stairs (both on this site and TSR) for example, I have already editied mine the hard way and have a nice selection of stairs and fireplaces...if I were to delete the entries to those and re-downloaded the objects again are they going to be installed with this system...or are the creators going to have to modify the downloads before this system can be used?...other then that I can see this being a godsend. It took me ages before I was brave enough to install/edit for stairs and fireplaces...lol
ZenFrog

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Page 1 of 26