Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 10:10 PM
Default I have a very similar problem
I really hope someone can help me =/. I'm having a problem with my custom content where everything works perfectly except for one thing. When i look in the mirror or go to the salon to change my appearance, when i use certain custom content, i think it's my stuff from serasims, but when i use them in the mirror they show up everything looks great of course, but then i click the check mark and my game crashes. =/ Does anyone know a solution to this problem? I was thinking it may just be the custom content, should i delete it? Or is it some other problem that can be fixed?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 4:23 PM
bbhood, you need to run through this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718
Try everything in order and you will know whether your custom content is causing this.
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 5:39 AM
Please tell me if this is a bad place to ask for help!
Problem:
Custom hair, non of it shows up. Some hairs turn the backs of my sim's heads invisable, and some of them turned to the default black hair. All my custom content has worked but the hairs. I have also noticed that in bodyshop, in the hair selection, the thumbnails for all hair, even maxis, doesn't show up and I can't choose differant colors. This only happens when I clone a sim who previously had custom hair, and even happens when the downloads folder is empty. Essentially some hairs are acting like they are missing meshes, the others like they have been deleted. At least I think that's what's going on!

What I have tried:
The "All / Some / No custom content is not showing up" thread.
This thread.
Deleting cigen.package, ect.

I am being very careful reintroducing my custom content with my new pets and have been reading most of the tutorials here even if they don't apply, thank you so much for making them Staff of MTS2!! I'm just baffled with this hair problem...
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 11:54 PM Last edited by bbhood : 22nd Nov 2006 at 12:31 AM.
Default omg
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
bbhood, you need to run through this thread:
Try everything in order and you will know whether your custom content is causing this.

thank you soooo much. It worked! :D! I'm totally gonna donate now lol.

Schma.
Test Subject
#30 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 1:53 AM
anyone with an idea to solve my problem on the other page? could someone try to download those items and see if it works? that way i'll know its definitely my computer problem. thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#31 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 4:48 PM
zer0mind, this is usually caused by using a sim in bodyshop which has a custom hairstyle that you do not have. Try putting the custom hairstyles into the Saved Sims folder, and also create new Downloads and Saved Sims folders. Delete the cache files again also.
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1110082
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1414008
starrtech, I cannot get onto Simsconnection now as the site is down, but make sure that you have the mesh file. As I recommended above create new Downloads and Saved Sims folders.
bbhood, glad it helped! Well done.
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 11:09 PM
Ok, something is fixed, for now, but it all still doesn't work.
This is what I did after I read your reply:
Created new Downloads folder using run body shop method. Created SavedSims folder. Left SavedSims empty and downloaded and installed a new hair from here that I've never had before. Deleted groups.cache, accessory.cache, and cigen.package. Ran Bodyshop.
New hair works perfect. Closed Bodyshop.
Moved original Hair folder into Downloads. Ran Bodyshop.
New hair still works. Old hairs have corrupted thumbnails and jump to first hair in black bin when clicked. Closed Bodyshop.
Deleted groups.cache, accessory.cache, and cigen.package. Deleted all files in Thumbnails folder. Ran Bodyshop.
New hair works. Old hairs turned to black default. Found two hairs downloaded from here are working along with I think all from Parsimonious.
Redownloaded old one hair (with updates) and found it to work fine.
Thinking of going through this whole site and redownloading my old hairs...
Thanks for your help simsample, it's greatly apreciated.
Test Subject
#33 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 12:39 AM
hey simsample =)

i tried the trick with the folders already to no avail. and i made sure i have the mesh. nothing shows up. sadly. its buggin me because those outfits are awesome and i'd love to do some skinning with them. it wont work for me tho. so i'll wait for you (if you still are willing to try) to see if they work or if the problem is on my end.
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 5:37 PM
Deleting my old Downloads folder and opening body shop worked!!!
Thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 9:20 PM Last edited by simsample : 25th Nov 2006 at 12:01 AM.
zer0mind and drumerdawg7- glad it worked, well done to you!
starrtech, going to Simsconnection now, will post later when I've tried the outfits. Do other outfits show up okay?

Edit: Nope, they don't show up for me either. Perhaps you could let them know about this problem!
Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 5:03 PM
Every sim in my game walks strange, they walk for about 2-3 seconds and then stop. And also the diamond shaped green thing above their heads are blinking o_รด this happened after I installed PETS. And I did reinstall it 2 times, and every other ep i have z_z (every single 1)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 5:07 PM
HenZel, please work through this article in the order it is written:
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 5:36 PM
Woho! thanks It works now ^_^
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 4:09 PM
THNX!!! Went to bbs and there was NOTHING on this issue! i should have known to ome here first! The first step worked great! Thanks a million times over

Supporting Our Troops DOESN'T Mean You Support The War
~~Angelique~~
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 4:31 AM
Does this trick work for meshes already installed in the game prior to installing Pets?

A friend of mine is having this problem:

Everything is showing up--except for object meshes that worked fine with OFB. She's tried everything she can think of to get these items to work--but they don't. She has no hacks or mods installed.

Here's my site: Spirited Sims
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 1:45 PM
Try my suggestions regarding userprops and globalprops files here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/s...028#post1527028
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 8:30 AM Last edited by Tessath : 4th Jan 2007 at 7:38 PM. Reason: needed to add in more info
Ok. I installed Pets right after it came out and I am still having this problem. I posted once in another forum a couple of months ago but I will try again. All my cc was there before I installed Pets and it disappeared after I installed it.

None of my cc is showing up for clothing, hair, accessories (and other body shop things like this). At first nothing including buy mode items were showing up but then I did the thing suggested here (create new folders, etc) and the buy mode objects showed up. The body mode objects still won't show up and I don't know what to do. I have searched everywhere and it seems like no one is having this problem. I have made sure the cc box is checked and everything else I can think of. The cc items show up in the downloads folder but they don't show up in Body Shop or the game. This goes for items I downloaded before, items I created after with Pets body shop, and items I downloaded after that said they were Pets compatible. It is not just one or two items not showing up it is everything in Body Shop.

I also would like to add that previous Sims that have cc on in the game before I installed Pets still show up with their cc.

Please help!!! I am at my wit's end!!!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#43 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:43 PM
Try putting your bodyshop items in the Saved Sims folder. You could probably make the bodyshop items recognised in the Downloads folder if you remove the current downloads folder, then install a sims2pack (so generating a fresh downloads folder).
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 5:28 AM
I'm still having problems with newly downloaded content. The majority of my files that worked perfectly fine before installing Pets are now showing up as blank or maxis defaults in Body Shop and the game. I've got all the right boxes checked, and I'm fairly sure I'm not missing any meshes, and I don't understand what I'm still doing wrong.
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 8:31 PM
I just got OFB and Pets yesterday - I'm ready to install both today and just wondered if there was an order I should follow - i.e:

Should I Back-up, install OFB, follow the custom content steps, Back-up, install Pets, do the custom content steps -- or is there another order I should follow?

I don't want to lose any of my content and am terrified to install any expansions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#46 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 9:12 PM
Dragonwar_650, try disabling custom content and enabling the dialog, then restart the game. Once in game, re-enable custom content and disable the dialog. Also, try removing your current Downloads folder and installing a Sims2Pack to generate yourself a new one. Then put all of your package files into the new folder.
DaisyBrownlocks, as long as you backup your files to a safe place you won't lose anything! Just install OFB and pets and then go into the game... you'll find that custom content is not yet enabled, so just re-enable it, turn off the dialog and restart. That should work fine!
Test Subject
#47 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 9:53 PM
Thanks!! :D
Test Subject
#48 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 1:42 AM
Uh, how exactly do I use the Sims2Pack to do this?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 6:40 PM
If you move your current Downloads folder to the desktop, then double click on a Sims2Pack (any sims2pack!) and install it, the installer will automatically create a Downloads folder for you, in the correct location. Then you can copy the files from your old Downloads folder to the new one.
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 8:11 PM
Default Still Not Working!!!
Simsample- I tried that and it didn't work. I don't know what I am going to do. Thanks for you help anyways.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 5