Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Single living teens can Go out / Sneak out - Update BV info

by CtfG Posted 26th Oct 2006 at 2:45 PM - Updated 1st Apr 2008 at 10:17 AM by CtfG : Update FREETIME info

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 3:26 PM
Exactly what I need right now ^^ thanks!
Instructor
#3 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 5:58 PM
Am I the only one to notice that your model only has female acquaintances (and girlfriends)? Then again, my favorite teen recently brought home his first boyfriend, so I guess I can't complain. ^_^ Downloading and thanking as usual!

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
Am I the only one to notice that your model only has female acquaintances (and girlfriends)?

She's not the only one with a female preference... I downloaded a family of 8 people, and to sort them out, I let all the teens move out into their own houses. I then brought them through the first school day, saved the lots and then played other families. But... All these teens had a preference for their own gender, and thanks to the lousy autonomous flirt programming since Nightlife, they made thousands of contacts while on community lots. Females only with females, males only with males. I'll never download families again! *laughs*
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 10:11 PM
this is pretty cool teens get to sneak out from nothing with there own gender types! lol
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 11:44 PM
This is great! But um how do you get your teens to live alone? Is there a hack somewhere?

"Your Screams are music to my audio receptors"-General Grievous
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lizard_luver
This is great! But um how do you get your teens to live alone? Is there a hack somewhere?

I would like to know too. I would loveee to have teens live alone.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 5:44 AM
@ lizard_luver & eLECTROcutE!: Just let the parents move out without the teen. Or (if that object works for you) use my TeenStar PC to let the teen move out
( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138660 )
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 3:49 PM
This gonna be so much fun. XD

Stay frosty, Squeaks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 4:02 PM Last edited by CtfG : 27th Oct 2006 at 4:10 PM. Reason: Typos... (when fingers are faster than the mind)
All:

Just ran into a problem with a teen living together with a non-related adult. In some cases, the option "Go out" will not appear at 6pm. Only "Sneak out" at 10pm will be available.

Solution for this:
1. Let the adult move out (best around 6pm, so the next steps can be performed)
2. Make the affected teen(s) active (one by one, if more then one teen)
3. Select any phone and choose "Call"
4. Now the option "Go out" should appear
5. Repeat steps 2 - 4 for each teen in the household
6. Save the lot, exit it, select the adult from step 1 and move him/her back in

The problem results from certain relation conditions. A non-related adult is neither Guardian nor Not-Guardian. Being an adult, s/he *should* be a parent from the TS2 main program's point of view, but since there exist no relations, none of either conditions passes the internal test. Moving out the adult resets all relative's values, and selecting the phone's "Call" option then resets the teen's values. Now, when the adult moves back in, the TS2 program will regocnize that there exist no relations, and everything will be fine again.

CtfG

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 4:20 PM
Thanks so much! I now have a teen living alone in an AWESOME house! I love having to only control a teen! Teens are my favorite age group and I love to spoil them so thanks so much for the hacks! =]

"Your Screams are music to my audio receptors"-General Grievous
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 12:32 PM
This hack in english?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ^v^ Tanis ^v^
This hack in english?

The hack is in the language you have selected when installing the game. It does not affect any text; it simply displays something which - under certain circumstances - does not appear.

Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 9:09 PM
How do I make the adult move out without the teen? o_o
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eLECTROcutE!
How do I make the adult move out without the teen? o_o

Make the adult active, select the newspaper and choose "Find new place". Or read the game's manual

CtfG

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 11:52 AM
Pets version runs without any problem with SSN, so there is no need to modify or update it.

Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:26 AM
This is very nice, thanks.

By the way, I had a single living teen use the "go out" option on the phone, and he never came back, lol. His needs were in the red for 2 days, and I had to restart my game Has this happened to anyone else?

Isn't that a girl's name?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 8:56 AM
Perfect for my teenager, Carly!

I Got The University EP!!!!
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 9:12 PM
OH! Thanks soooo much CtfG!! I've been looking everywhere for this kind of hack! Works perfectly too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 2:32 AM
Update 2008-01-08
The PETS version also works with BV. If you do NOT have Pets or Seasons, but Bon Voyage, please use the Pets version. Or, in general: Always use the version of the latest Extension Pack you have installed.

Vironin

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 10:18 AM
Update 2008-04-01
This object works with EP7 "FreeTime". No changes necessary. Please use the PETS version for FreeTime.

Vironin (successor of CtfG)

Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Dec 2008 at 2:29 AM
Will this also work for AL?

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day - accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day." - Don Vito Corleone [Godfather]
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th May 2010 at 1:11 AM
How can you have a teen sim leave alone with an adult? is that possible?
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annalovely17
How can you have a teen sim leave alone with an adult? is that possible?
Yes, it is possible. First, you have to make a family with 1 teen and 1 adult at the minimum. Then, move them into a house anywhere. You'll then need to kill the adult however you want. Then, the teen will be the only person. (Social Workers don't come for teens.) :D
Also, if you had kids or toddlers in that family, they won't be taken away because the teen is considered their guardian.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 6:49 AM
t