Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CLOSER (J.Roberts, N.Portman, J.Law, C.Owen)

by bakalia Posted 6th Nov 2006 at 8:02 AM - Updated 14th May 2007 at 6:49 PM by bakalia

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 3:56 AM Last edited by discordkitty : 7th Nov 2006 at 4:15 AM.
Oh. My. God.

The Sim-interpretations are right on! Thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:11 AM
The likeness is just amazing! Great job!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:22 AM
It looks just like Julia Roberts and the pics where they are fighting is hilarious. Awesome!

Herald Between Two Lands
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:24 AM
Of the four, I'd say Jude and Clive are more accurate, while Julia and Natalie could use a little work.

For one thing, I think Nat's eyes need to be a little father apart; her nose needs to stick out a little farther, and you need to curve the slope of the nose inward a little more.

For Julia, you need to bring the upper bridge of her nose out a little more; it sort of merges straight into her eyebrows, rather than going so far into her face. Also, the line of her jaw needs to be straighter; you should be able to accomplish this by bringing her chin down. While bringing the chin down will certainly make her face too long, you can easily compensate for this by sliding the rest of her features (mouth, eyes, nose, brows, etc.) down by the same distance.

Kudos for even attempting to sim Clive; handsome as he is, he has such etched, distinctive features that I imagine it would be really difficult to render him as a sim. You did a great job regardless; my only suggestions would be to make his a eyes just a little narrower and the bridge of his nose straighter, rather than having it bulge so at the the end. He could use heavier stubble too; it's kind of a signature of his look.

As for your Jude Law: Spot. On. I think that's the best I've ever seen.

On kind of an off-topic note, I've seen the movie too. It's one of those that frankly makes me wonder if people anywhere actually act like that. It was fascinating though; I'll give it that.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:29 AM
Oh. Good. Googley!

Usually Simmies based on real people aren't that close, but these are really spot on. I showed them to me husband and the only one he couldn't tell which was the actual celeb and which was the photo was Clive. But Siren's right - the rugged, lined faces are difficult with a game that only gives us preternaturally smooth faces.

Congrats on such superb work. You really did a bang-up job!

is it can be sims tiem now plees?
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 5:06 AM
What a wonderful idea and a terrific creation. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:39 AM
Very Good!! though I hated Clive in the movie Great work
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 7:32 AM
Oh my god! It's the best upload I have ever seen. You are the best. You sims are just like a real people. You are the most talented sim cereator!!! Thank you som much. What can I say??? YOU ARE PERFECT! Finally I have Jude Law in my game!!! And Closer is my favourite movie! Your work is brilliant and hightly orginal

Dziekuje Ci strasznie Basiu
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 8:28 AM
wow. they're all beautiful. but larry. he's amazing. i would so high five you if i could.

"I'm sorry I ruined all your lives and shoved eleven cookies in the VCR."
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:33 AM
You did a great job! Though I think it might be better if they had paler skins.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 11:30 AM
Wow! Clive and Julia are fantastic! *stares* beautiful work!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 12:08 PM
I love your Julia and Clive, Natalie could use a little work but overall the sim looks exactly like her. Great job! As for Jude, it's one of those rere cases when you do everything 'by the book', and I mean everything - but something's still missing, a little something that makes sim look like a person. It's the reason I can't finish Keanu Reeves after monts and monts of work. I think it's just the way sims are )) But you did fantastic! Keep up great work!

"...And if wishes were horses, we'd be knee-deep in crap."
-- Dr. Robert Romano, /'ER'/
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 12:17 PM
:-* great.

Svět chce dokonalé ženy, a ženy chtějí dokonalý svět
Instructor
#15 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 2:52 PM
Amazing!I looooov this movie very much!And i adore your sims!Jude-perfection!

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS
www.justsims2.ru
JustSims2 new adress!Me,Barcelonista,JameLia,KateK and NataliS
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 3:01 PM
Lovely Body Shop work, but I would like to see some in-game closeups of the faces, please.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 7:21 PM
Awesome work. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 8:01 PM
I LOVE the Jude Law sim! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 10:37 PM
Jude is very hard to sim, especially relying so heavily on Maxis/EA. Kudos, you made an astonishingly close resemblance.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 2:05 AM
great job i think nataly and the one next to her are a lil of but for julia and the guy behind her they are just amazin i love julia and u got if for the most part on the dot perfect.
:lovestruc shawna

Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 2:59 PM
Great work!!! Thank you so much and thank you for sharing. I love Jude Law and finally I have him in my game Jestesz najlepsza!!! Dzienkuje...
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 9:17 PM
bakalia, thanks so much. I loved the movie, and I can't wait to play with these characters. I just can't bellieve how accurate the faces are. I especially like Julia Roberts, but that might be because I think she's one of the pritiest actresses in Hollywood.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 11:29 PM
Default surprisingly
:lovestruc I think your take on the Closer stars is very good... you have accented their main features, which will make them stand out in the game for who they are. I think you have done a brilliant job on them, and I too watched the movie, just recently in fact. I was really 'struck' at how good you did these characters. Just like characature work, that is how I view my Sims, as they are never 'exactly' true life looking. Kudo's to you, 5 stars coming from me and a thank you!

for those of you want to give five stars need only to open the message window to advanced and scroll down a little to rate the thread. :-)

If you dare to visit the world of the undead.. click my link, and steady yourself.... mmmm, blood, give me blood...

If you click that link, write me at [email protected] let me know so I don't sever you ;-)
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 5:12 AM
I really love this movie, and you did an awesome jpb on making these all very attractive, but very unique individuals. Except Natalie Portman could use some work, she looks like shes in rehab or something. But I still love the other sims.
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 7:29 AM
Thanks soooo much! I love Jane Jones. Exspecially Nat's hair in the movie. Sooo pretty.

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time!
Page 1 of 2