Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fruit of life - Graduate instantly plus more (universal edition now available)

by cathair2005 Posted 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:28 PM - Updated 10th Jan 2007 at 10:38 AM by cathair2005

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:35 PM
Love this item!!! Totally irrelivant but is that the Dreamer's house? Lol.

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:36 PM
Great Job!!! Can't wait to see more...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wil-Redfern
Love this item!!! Totally irrelivant but is that the Dreamer's house? Lol.

Yes, it is the dreamer's house. The son married his highschool sweetheart and lives there now - well in my version anyway.

Because I haven't yet restricted interactions, teens can get adult jobs and so can elders but an elder can double dip. He/she can retire and be working a fulltime job at the same time but can only have one retired job and one working job at a time and not three.

Children can also get jobs but it doesn't show up until they become a teen. I'm thinking of removing this options - as fun as they seem in case something goes wrong.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:35 PM
Ok...I am having a problem. My game will not load with this. Do you have any idea why.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 5:41 PM
This is so cool thank you so much for this
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bloody_valentine187
Ok...I am having a problem. My game will not load with this. Do you have any idea why.

Okay, first of all, have you placed it in your downloads folder or sim directory under my documents/EA GAMES/The Sims?

Or, can you find it under decorations as a bowl of fruit with a star next to it? Note that it is not under miscellaneous.

Last, have you made sure that you have objects enabled? On the startup screen, it should say objects are currently enabled or disabled. If they are disabled, you have to enable them, quit out and start the game again (or at least that's what I have to do everytime I start a new expansion and the objects become disabled).

Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 10:46 PM
it is in my downloads folder. My game get to the first load screen and just crashes
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 10:51 PM
it is in my downloads folder. My game get to the first load screen and just crashes

Try removing it and see if your game works then. I will look into the object in the mean time. Let me know if you still have problems with crashing. How many hacks total do you have total? I never come across this before but maybe one can have too many hacks for their system.

Oh and what expansions do you have?
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 12:19 AM
I removed it and my game works fine. I have OFB, UNI, NL. I have a couple of hacks so i can edit my cas screen by windkeeper, i have your hacked dresser,and Careers for Vampires.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 12:52 AM
Super Duper hack..nice work. This is going to be awesome
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 12:58 AM
o I forgot i also have inTeenimater, it allows your teens to have babys and woohoo
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 4:35 AM
I removed it and my game works fine. I have OFB, UNI, NL. I have a couple of hacks so i can edit my cas screen by windkeeper, i have your hacked dresser,and Careers for Vampires.

Hmm, even if it was conflicting with another hack, it shouldn't just crash and it's got its own personalised GUID. I wonder what could be causing it? Anybody want to hazard a guess?

Anyway, if you want it to work, maybe you could try and process of elimination like first removing everything except the this hack to see if it's an expansion incompatibility. Then slowly putting them back in a couple of a time to see which is the suspect. If you choose to do this and find out the culprit, let me know and I'll try and figure something out.

But there are other hacks out there that work similarly if you'd rather play it safe. I found the following Supplements:

Uni Hack: The insimenator has something that allows you to speed up uni

Time adjuster: The insimenator has one of these too but it doesnt let you choose on a 24hr scale.

Graduation hack: christianlov has a counterfeit diploma that allows adult to graduate as an adult
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
Try removing it and see if your game works then. I will look into the object in the mean time. Let me know if you still have problems with crashing. How many hacks total do you have total? I never come across this before but maybe one can have too many hacks for their system.
Oh and what expansions do you have?

I have this problem too. I have Uni, NL, OFB, and the Stuff packs.
The hacks I have are : Pregnant sims wear anything, Toddlers can get out of crib on their own, and some small mod-like things: the mortgage shrub, the stay-things shrub, the multi-alarm...
If you have Pets, this could be the problem. I don't have this yet, and the other person didn't say she had it either.

Just a possibility...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raekira
I have this problem too. I have Uni, NL, OFB, and the Stuff packs.
The hacks I have are : Pregnant sims wear anything, Toddlers can get out of crib on their own, and some small mod-like things: the mortgage shrub, the stay-things shrub, the multi-alarm...
If you have Pets, this could be the problem. I don't have this yet, and the other person didn't say she had it either.

Just a possibility...

Try temporarily removing the inteeminator files and tell me if it works then. I would really appreciate that because it's the only thing I can think that you two have in common.
Instructor
#16 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 12:16 AM
My game did not crash as such but got stuck half way with loading. I have uni, nl, ofb and ffs. I also have heaps of hacks, too numerous to mentioned!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 2:24 AM
Really good hack, but....

I also have problems, mty game crashes on loading screen, right in the middle.
I have TS2 Uni and NL, and various other hacks, I've tried removing this one and my game goes back to normal. Please, if you find something about it, let us know, cause this hack seems very interesting and useful.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 3:21 AM Last edited by aekid1 : 26th Nov 2006 at 12:01 AM.
ya this does not work for me when my screen loads it stops at preparing bacon for homeward transportation or something like that and i did every thing in your directions well i have ML OFB and Uni and thats all and no hacks just custom content
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 3:26 AM
yes, i experience this problem as well. my game also crashes halfway on loading screen. I have TS2, Uni, NL, OFB. I have insimenator, inteenimater and some other various hacks. i tried to temporarily remove insimenator and inteenimater and it still won't work. the game works fine once I've removed the fruit of life hack. please let us know if you find something or anything that can cause this hack conflict with other hacks. thanx
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pink_sapphire
yes, i experience this problem as well. my game also crashes halfway on loading screen. I have TS2, Uni, NL, OFB. I have insimenator, inteenimater and some other various hacks. i tried to temporarily remove insimenator and inteenimater and it still won't work. the game works fine once I've removed the fruit of life hack. please let us know if you find something or anything that can cause this hack conflict with other hacks. thanx

Thanks for the feedback. My theory is that it requires pets to run because of the chew/scratch option on the fruitbowl. I'm going to try and get this working for everybody. Would you be willing to test another version?
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 8:36 AM
I cannot confirm nor deny this until I go through the 30 minute ritual of loading my game, but I think that this mod may have taken away the menu option "Sales-sell pet." I can no longer sell my puppies to visitors on the lot. My game is loading now, but I have removed all other recently installed mods and it hasn't changed anything. This is the last one I have to test and I am almost sure that this one is it. Has anyone else had this issue? If it's not related to this mod, does anyone know which mod is responsible for this? Any solutions are better than none. Some of my families make a living breeding their pets.

If only I could pause life like I pause my Sims game........
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 8:39 AM
o I forgot i also have inTeenimater, it allows your teens to have babys and woohoo

Once I got Pets, I had to remove InTeenimater because it caused a lot of conflicts with other hacks. This may be a part of your problem. The new version is due in beta any day now.

If only I could pause life like I pause my Sims game........
Test Subject
#23 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 12:03 AM
i don't like testing things this is my parents computer
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 7:37 PM
Thanks so much :-))) I've been hoping that someone would make something like this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 3:17 PM Last edited by cathair2005 : 7th Dec 2006 at 11:26 PM.
The issues should have been resolved and I've posted the latest version. See above for what added features are involved.
Page 1 of 3