Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Victorian House 3 -- Mansion

by jaylim88 Posted 12th Dec 2006 at 3:13 AM - Updated 14th Dec 2006 at 2:44 AM by jaylim88

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 4:18 AM
I really like it. Its elagant but not too much. Perfect for a normal family too. Thanks for sharing!

Visit Fashion Sims for awesome clothing for all of your sims!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:04 AM
This third victorian house is my favourite !
thanks jaylim

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:45 AM
This is stunning and what even more amazing is that you did not use any CC, thanks for sharing.

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
#5 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 1:40 PM
Wow!!! Thats Beautiful Ive Always Wanted To Live In A Victorian House Great Job
Btw Whats A Parlour :P

livÈ LïƒÊ Tô ïTs ƒÜLLÈ©ŠT§
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 5:07 PM
Lovely house, jaylim, very well done. Thank you for this nice creation. Kiss and ciao.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:52 PM
A Little British Insight
Quote: Originally posted by xoxo*+*Sims2_Rocks_*+*xox
Wow!!! Thats Beautiful Ive Always Wanted To Live In A Victorian House Great Job
Btw Whats A Parlour :P

*Correct me if im wrong*
A Parlor is actually the victorian fridge *origionally* which was built from stone to store food at cold temps, e.g. butter. This was seperate from the kitchen as stoves would heat these items up and spoil them. Later the hall way became known as a parlour due to a vast majority of hallways (being the entrance to the house) holding the outside air (meaning it was cold), when the victorian style crossed over to america a new room developed and also became known as the parlour although it isnt used any more and died out quickly, this room (so you know) was basicly a second sitting room but was only for family use never guests, this transfered back to Britian and another room developed (this is the last one) which was a waiting area outside of a kitchen where the servants would eat their food if not in the kitchen. *pant* oh i need air *pant* this room was used only slightly more than the second sitting room as the era was aging and a new style came into structures.

Why i know this is beond me , quite random

Anywho nice lot!

HELLO
Click HERE to view all of my downloads!

Ty Woodchip50
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:09 PM
This would actually make a very nice and classy dorm with a little help from ctrl+C and some door/stove-adjustments...

Very nice!

:-) AM2

Ford: "you'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water."

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by woodchip50
*Correct me if im wrong*
A Parlor is actually the victorian fridge *origionally* which was built from stone to store food at cold temps, e.g. butter. This was seperate from the kitchen as stoves would heat these items up and spoil them. Later the hall way became known as a parlour due to a vast majority of hallways (being the entrance to the house) holding the outside air (meaning it was cold), when the victorian style crossed over to america a new room developed and also became known as the parlour although it isnt used any more and died out quickly, this room (so you know) was basicly a second sitting room but was only for family use never guests, this transfered back to Britian and another room developed (this is the last one) which was a waiting area outside of a kitchen where the servants would eat their food if not in the kitchen. *pant* oh i need air *pant* this room was used only slightly more than the second sitting room as the era was aging and a new style came into structures.

Why i know this is beond me , quite random

Anywho nice lot!

Thanks for the insight, woodchip50! I think whether the extra "u" is there or not depends on where you live. I unfortunately abandoned my Canadian roots and now spell neighbour "neighbor" and colour "color". It's really too bad!

Thanks for all the nice comments! I'm thinking of making more Victorian style houses. I like the idea of having a neighbourhood full of bay windows and sheltered porches.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 9:46 PM
Ooooh!!! Lovely!!! I absolutely adore the porch! Wow, I wish I'd live in a house like this!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 5:04 PM
Perfect! Just what I was looking for, thank you!