Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 10:36 AM
Leave the something and you got it, Travis. It´ll need some more testing though before I´ll release it.
And yes, I read your tutorial. I´ll credit you both when release is due.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AbstractSIMmer187
Oh Pasion sorry my bad with all these factorys and menus and all that stuff it just got my brain all twisted up, you must put the GUID Menu where it says "CT - GUID - Menu"

I'll go edit my previous post......

so is it right oops if it is i delete my object i thought i clone it wrong or some thing it dosen,t matter i make it again practice make perfect i better ask the other parts of the cake you change too do you or just leave them i know about the custom plate thing do all new food have to have custom plates for your food to work .so is that all you have to change or is there more
AbstractSIMmer you have been a really good help too you should make a tutorial on food creation start to finished
#28 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:15 AM
Well i was making one but then paco made 1 so i thought well his should be good enough and thats why i never uploaded my food tutorial.

I can't really understand fully what u trying to say?

No not all new foods need custom plates for your food to work but if you make a custom plate then YES your food requires the mesh of the food and the plate mesh aswell for the food to work.Its like adding the cherry on top of the iceing when u add that custom plate, i always add custom plates but you don't have to if you don't want to.

Okay so we are bascially done with all the hacking for the food to work in-game, you changed the textlists, you changed the catalog description, we put our GUIDS in the bhav section..... well bascially we are done, you can save your food and fire up your game now to see if it works.

One question is your food animated because animated food is also like the iceing on top of the cake, it makes it more realistic but paco explains that well in the tut so i'm assuming you don't need help there.

If you need more help then feel free to ask....

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MorphNames: cakepieceblend piece1187
Well i was making one but then paco made 1 so i thought well his should be good enough and thats why i never uploaded my food tutorial.

I can't really understand fully what u trying to say?

No not all new foods need custom plates for your food to work but if you make a custom plate then YES your food requires the mesh of the food and the plate mesh aswell for the food to work.Its like adding the cherry on top of the iceing when u add that custom plate, i always add custom plates but you don't have to if you don't want to.

Okay so we are bascially done with all the hacking for the food to work in-game, you changed the textlists, you changed the catalog description, we put our GUIDS in the bhav section..... well bascially we are done, you can save your food and fire up your game now to see if it works.

One question is your food animated because animated food is also like the iceing on top of the cake, it makes it more realistic but paco explains that well in the tut so i'm assuming you don't need help there.

If you need more help then feel free to ask....

Don;t worry if you can't uderstard what i am saying hey sometimetimes i even don't which is bad i sort of mean the other parts of the cake like the six slices there i havn't done they look like maxis ones still or you only change it when you make a full cake , sorry if you don't get what i mean i try to figure it out i had to clone it again anyway . thankyou AbstractSIMme for great help i hope this time its shows i know about time of hour for food things to show up
#30 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:42 AM
So you trying to say must i change the six slices of cake so that they don't look like the maxis ones?

The 6 slices of cake are the serve plate so of course you must change them unless you making some space age cake that looks like a maxis one at the serving stage and when u grab a single plate it turns into your food then u can but thats rather silly so obviosly you must change the 6 slices of cake to your new food.

I still don't get what u saying maybe someone else can explain better.

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:52 AM
So you trying to say must i change the six slices of cake so that they don't look like the maxis ones?

The 6 slices of cake are the serve plate so of course you must change them unless you making some space age cake that looks like a maxis one at the serving stage and when u grab a single plate it turns into your food then u can but thats rather silly so obviosly you must change the 6 slices of cake to your new food.

I still don't get what u saying maybe someone else can explain better.

funny i though so gee i must be a bit dumb .AbstractSIMmer thats what i mean but i thought you have too because it would look very funny anyway sorry if you still don't get its me it how i talk too double dutch i think the hot weather is getting to me bit its was 40 degree today in Australia at Wagga
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 5:28 AM
AbstractSIMmer I got my muffins in the game thank you ever so much for helping me out you are fantastic i put some pic of them half eaten one didn't take a pic . i will work on a custom plate making soon the only thing was the texture for the half eaten morph trying to how to make it go in the right place in milkshape but i think it is ok its just looks like the first texture uneaten .i will upload it probably before i try doing custom plates when i do my plate for it i change it . now i am working on another this time i clone the porkchop dinner i read about retaining food animating on fireflies tutorial which went good on my next one . thanks again for helping with the hacking side of it . it probably would have been impossible for me to work that part out :p
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#33 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pasionflower
AbstractSIMmer I got my muffins in the game thank you ever so much for helping me out you are fantastic i put some pic of them half eaten one didn't take a pic . i will work on a custom plate making soon the only thing was the texture for the half eaten morph trying to how to make it go in the right place in milkshape but i think it is ok its just looks like the first texture uneaten .i will upload it probably before i try doing custom plates when i do my plate for it i change it . now i am working on another this time i clone the porkchop dinner i read about retaining food animating on fireflies tutorial which went good on my next one . thanks again for helping with the hacking side of it . it probably would have been impossible for me to work that part out :p

This also looks yummy. When will you upload it? Really good job.
#34 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 2:18 PM
Hahah yup you not alone, i tried following pacos tut where it comes to the part of texturing the inside, i followed the steps perfect but in-game there was NO seperate texture in the inside althougn i have found a simpler method of texturing the inside of food that DOESN'T REQUIRE MILKSHAPE, maybe you people might want to try it.

Lets say for example you making a muffin like pasion did and u want to texture the inside of the muffin chocolate or something then make a spahere or something then duplicate your sphere and scale it just a bit smaller than the original one. Now move the duplicated muffin inside the original muffin, now when you have to do the half eaten stage just move your vertices so that the duplicate muffin texture shows, its as easy as that, i tried it and it worked.

Pasion it was more than a pleasure helping you, thast why i'm here :D, if any help is needed anywhere i'll provide the answers :D

Travis

Scholar
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 2:36 AM
Bienchen, those look awsome! Glad I could help Thanks Travis for helping people with trouble.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 6:09 AM
I think you mean PasionFlower, paco. :P
#37 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 12:59 PM
Well i think he means both because if you go check back on the posts Bienchen also posted some pics of her food

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 3:41 AM
trying you custom plate tutorial Travis the first time i load my game i don't know but it didn't work the texture was on the maxis plate instead and no new plate i must have did somethink wroung i try again and see
#39 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 5:01 PM
Pasion go post your queries in the plate section thread and not in pacos food tut section please.

Test Subject
#40 Old 15th Feb 2007 at 9:55 PM
Im kind of a newbie here and I wanted to make a food for my first..Yes that may sound dumb..0_0.. I was making the muffins and Im having trouble with the texture.When I load the muffin texture, the texture seems black.
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:27 PM
Grecia, if you're using photoshop for your texture, make sure you save it as a PNG, and you go to Image...Mode...RGB Color.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Test Subject
#42 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 11:08 PM
I got a noob question where can i find the tutorial
Forum Resident
#43 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:50 AM
wrightfan6, on the first page.
Test Subject
#44 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 5:46 PM
No after i download it
Test Subject
#45 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pacotacoplayer
Grecia, if you're using photoshop for your texture, make sure you save it as a PNG, and you go to Image...Mode...RGB Color.

hmm I did what you said but its turning out the same..
Forum Resident
#46 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 10:24 AM
wrightfan, extract it, if it says it is corrupted, redownload it.
Grecia, got a picture of what's happening ?
Test Subject
#47 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 2:23 AM
Thank you for this wonderful tutorial! It's extremely useful to budding food creators. I've ran across a small problem I'm hoping that I can be helped with?

I've created cookies and the eat and disappear animations seem to work for the single plate version but the half-eaten state doesn't seem to appear. Also, the food that is on the serving plate itself doesn't seem to disappear either. I'm wondering where I went wrong and how to go about fixing it?
#48 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 9:56 PM
When u say second stage doesn't appear do you mean when your sim gets to the half eaten stage they automatically jump to the finish eating stage or the food appears invisible or exploded?

Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 4:17 PM
When u say second stage doesn't appear do you mean when your sim gets to the half eaten stage they automatically jump to the finish eating stage or the food appears invisible or exploded?

Hi AbstractSIMmer187, thank you so much for replying.

Yes, the sim transitions from the full state straight to the clean state as if there was no half-eaten stage.

Also when my Sims make a group meal I noticed that as they grab the food it should be that the food eventually disappears leaving an empty serving plate. However, the food still remains on the plate and eventually they'll just take the plate(with all the food on it) to the sink to wash it. I'm not sure if that makes sense at all. ^_^;
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady DarkFire
Hi AbstractSIMmer187, thank you so much for replying.

Yes, the sim transitions from the full state straight to the clean state as if there was no half-eaten stage.

Also when my Sims make a group meal I noticed that as they grab the food it should be that the food eventually disappears leaving an empty serving plate. However, the food still remains on the plate and eventually they'll just take the plate(with all the food on it) to the sink to wash it. I'm not sure if that makes sense at all. ^_^;

LADY DARKFIRE i had that trouble i put the morphmod the half eatting stage in the wrong place you put that last so it looks like this
cookstate 1st
00 morphmod 1 2nd this is the one with the food all gone
00 morhpmod 2 3rd half eatting stage

i hope this works i am no expert by any means but i did had that trouble i put the 2nd morhmod in the 2nd place instead of last
Page 2 of 3