Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 9:52 PM
Default Foundations and Walls 1 tile from Sidewalk!
Title is as my question. Is there any cheat to make this so? I have all the EP's and Glamour Pack. I've tried the 'move_objects on' and got nowhere. I'd really like to build 1 tile in from the sidewalk, and the one other thread I found on here had answers that made absolutely no sense. Please, if anyone knows and can tell me in a somewhat simple answer, please please do!
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 10:23 PM
I don't know if it's possible. I know "boolprop locktiles false" has some effect on the sidewalk and road tiles; however, I don't know if it will achieve what you are after.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Instructor
#3 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 10:33 PM
look for the windkeeper hack for the moveobjects on, its here at MTS2
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 10:59 PM
Weren't her placement mods replaced/fixed by Maxis patches?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 11:08 PM
That hack is only for *placing objects* in an unpatched OfB game, not for building.

Re. the original question, off the top of my head I'm not sure what the limit is (1 tile in or 2 tiles in), but whatever doesn't work with moveobjects on, doesn't work. There are no known workarounds at this point in time.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 1:38 AM
Oh well, thanks everyone for the input. ^_^
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 2:31 AM
The last 1 whole grid row (The grid plain and all the sides of it) is just inaccessible presently, probably for alignment between the lot to the neighbourhood terrain.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 2:39 AM
If you have all the ep's installed, you can not place the foundations beyond the sidewalk (I also remember it is a tile or two in... if you say one, that sounds right). However, you can place walls across the area and even across the road with a patch OFB or below. (I haven't tried it on Pets, so don't know.) The move_object on cheat is the key to allowing the building of walls beyond the sidewalk. You are still prevented from making walls 1-2 tiles from the absolute edge.

With OFB, you can not place objects such as plants, furniture, doors, and windows beyond the sidewalk -- but you can put gates. Fences can be placed on the absolute edge of the lot.

If you use Numenor's basegame starter and work with NL or below, you can put anything you want beyond the sidewalk and even blocking the roadway. Be sure to test carefully if you put stuff in the road. Some locations/placement will prevent certain deliveries or services from occuring. The items will work correctly and stay in their beyond sidewalk location -- even in lots of higher ep. Just don't ever pick them up, because you won't be able to put them back.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies