Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wood UserInterface(UI): TS2, UNI, NL, *OFB & Pets*

by Calidan Posted 22nd Feb 2007 at 12:47 PM - Updated 26th Feb 2007 at 7:42 AM by Calidan : Added OFB and Pets

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:03 PM
That's really cool and i see it for the first time .Pretty neat discovery , thanks for sharing!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Greatest Dad Ever
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:09 PM
This is awsome !!!!! I have seen the splash screen recolors and stuff like that but never everything like this ...Too bad i have all EP's and seeing as how i dont want things to look screwy i will just hope someone with pets can make these compatible ....Then again seasons comes out in less than a week and i will definatly have that so i guess i will have to wait for someone to make it seasons compatible ...Great job on the UI screens though !!!!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:16 PM
Wow so neat idea ! I never seen something like this.
Yep the maxis blue interface is boring and soo cold. It's sad it's not Pet compatible, I'd have tried. But as said tigmomx4, Seasons EP is coming so I'll wait too if somebody makes it seaons compatible ! :p
Again neat idea ! It'd deserve something... like a cookie ! ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tigmomx4
This is awsome !!!!! I have seen the splash screen recolors and stuff like that but never everything like this ...Too bad i have all EP's and seeing as how i dont want things to look screwy i will just hope someone with pets can make these compatible ....Then again seasons comes out in less than a week and i will definatly have that so i guess i will have to wait for someone to make it seasons compatible ...Great job on the UI screens though !!!!

*heh*
Yeah I WILL be getting Seasons once it hits the shelves here too. And keep an eye on this thread, as I am working on the Pets and OFB files also (just hard to get access to, not impossible just difficult)

NOTE: There is no 'compatibility' problem if you have Pets and/or OFB, these files will still work fine, but each expansion introduces new UI graphics so you would 'lack' some of the wooden/tan skins on anything new introduced by those expansions

Anyway - glad you like it

Creators: You may include ANY of my creations if posting to MTS2 (A PM letting me know would be appreciated) so long as credit and link to the original thread for the item is included. For external sites: Please ask first ... NO PAY SITES or EXCHANGE ALLOWED!
Alchemist
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 1:59 PM
Your wood version is so cool.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Space Pony
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 2:24 PM
Great idea !

SHOPxADDICTED

Like to see more, click here !
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 2:28 PM
Wow, this looks great I'll be waiting patiently for the OFB and Pets updates

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 3:05 PM
HI very nice, but HOW to install them? I do not know already, reading again and again your page...

Thanks for an answer.

Alsterfee
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 3:15 PM
You just have to drag the files into the collections folder in My Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 > Collections. When you've done that it should play automatically.

Anywho, this is a great download. It makes my game seem brighter and not so boring, because, lets face it, blue gets boring after a while. Keep up the good work and thanks.

For crying out loud. I've giving up. Every image hosting site i try doesn't work. you wanna see my banner then follow the damn link cos I've given up.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 3:52 PM
I love this!! Great job! It looks great in the game!
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 3:56 PM
Props to you Calidan! I once just reclored my UI and it took roughly 18 hours in total to finish. I still with there was an easier way to to this.
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 4:36 PM
Will you purchase The Sims 2 Season, I would like to use your WoodUI on this new EP ???
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Calidan
*heh*
Yeah I WILL be getting Seasons once it hits the shelves here too. And keep an eye on this thread, as I am working on the Pets and OFB files also (just hard to get access to, not impossible just difficult)

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 7 characters."

Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Norman Bates, Homer Simpson, Phillip J Fry, Darth Vader, Indiana Jones, Larry Talbot. (Sorry, couldn't resist)

For crying out loud. I've giving up. Every image hosting site i try doesn't work. you wanna see my banner then follow the damn link cos I've given up.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 5:27 PM
Hey not bad, good work keep it up

"Even if a pawn becomes a queen, it is still just a playing piece..."
Test Subject
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 9:05 PM
Great recolor, but what happens if you have Pets/Open For Business installed? See, I have Uni, but not NL, so do I get the Uni one, or the TS2 one?
Theorist
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 11:46 PM
This looks great! Even though blue is my favorite colour the same UI does get boring after a while. Your UI kind of fits with Seasons, So I hope you make it compatible with that. I'll definitely consider downloading this when it gets updated for Seasons.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 12:49 AM
OMG, you're awesome, you really are

If God intended for there to be Pay-sites for the Sims 2, He would have given us all Paypal accounts.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 2:11 AM
I like the idea! Wood isnt just my cup o' tea, but the blue does get boring.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alsterfee
HI very nice, but HOW to install them? I do not know already, reading again and again your page...

Thanks for an answer.

Alsterfee

The simplest way to 'install' these files is to copy them into your Downloads (or into a directory IN downloads) directory. This is exactly the same as installing any other package file.

Creators: You may include ANY of my creations if posting to MTS2 (A PM letting me know would be appreciated) so long as credit and link to the original thread for the item is included. For external sites: Please ask first ... NO PAY SITES or EXCHANGE ALLOWED!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Water_Rules!
Great recolor, but what happens if you have Pets/Open For Business installed? See, I have Uni, but not NL, so do I get the Uni one, or the TS2 one?

Install each WoodUI package for each expansion you have - TS2 (for everyone who plays the game), if you only have NL and no UNI, then only the NL one as well, both EPs then both, only UNI then only that file (as well as the TS2 base file)

Hope that helps.

I will be adding both the OFB and Pets files over the next couple of days, so check back *grin*

Calidan

Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 12:19 AM
yeah! my favourite color! thanks!

What would Link say.... oh yes, Link can't talk.
Test Subject
#23 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 6:05 AM
I think these look great, the problem is not all of them show up in game. I have NL and GL. I dl both the TS2 and Nl.
The main neighborhood screen isn't wood, but when you click on a particular neighborhood to play, that screen interface is wood. In the CAS interface, only the aspirations/zodiac is changed to yellow. There is only one more place it shows up. In the neighborhood interface in which you can access the different lots, the CAS and the decorations such as trees and water towers, the round part of the interface is wood. What I see I really like, but what happened to all the rest? Is it GL that is messing things up?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by choren
I think these look great, the problem is not all of them show up in game. I have NL and GL. I dl both the TS2 and Nl.
The main neighborhood screen isn't wood, but when you click on a particular neighborhood to play, that screen interface is wood. In the CAS interface, only the aspirations/zodiac is changed to yellow. There is only one more place it shows up. In the neighborhood interface in which you can access the different lots, the CAS and the decorations such as trees and water towers, the round part of the interface is wood. What I see I really like, but what happened to all the rest? Is it GL that is messing things up?

Thanks for the feedback.

To be honest I do not know, but I would suspect that GL is adding some of the UI graphics back (I thought it was mostly/all just content, not an EP as such *shrug*)

If anyone who has GL can give some feedback on 'what' is actually installed it would be appreciated (ie. in 'program files/EA GAMES/{EPname}/TSdata/res/UI' if such a location exists for GL)

Calidan

Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 8:44 AM
Well, I went and downloaded everything again, ran it through clean installer, and this time it all worked. I really don't know why it didn't work the first time and now it does, Anyway, I am impressed with how it looks. you did a great job. My computer...sigh
Page 1 of 3