Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wattawatta Pond: Roomy Island Starter Home w/ SWIMMABLE LAKE

by Ellatrue Posted 23rd Feb 2007 at 5:19 AM - Updated 26th Feb 2007 at 10:45 PM by Ellatrue

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:48 AM
Absolutly Amazing.
One of the best houses I've ever seen.
Please continue making this type

DWBH
"Don't Worry Be Happy" (Bob Marley)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 12:10 PM
ahh i love this house soo much!

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 12:27 PM
Wow, this is brilliant. i love it. Thanks
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 12:48 PM
Great job!! This is a perfect little house!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 2:06 PM
This is really unique and cool. I'm always looking for nice base game houses.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 2:40 PM
Hey that's pretty cool. Nice!

~* Midsummer's Night Dream *~
One will turn, one will fight, the other will die
A new Action/Adventure,Mystery,SciFi/Fantasy story on my Simpage.
Username-- KaikouChick013
Look me up! ^^
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 5:42 PM
I love it!! Its very cute and looks like a lot of fun.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 8:43 PM
Great job ellatrue !
Clever use of the swimable lake; Thank you

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:00 PM
So cute, and I like that it's meant to expand.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 9:06 PM
This is fantastic!! It is very hard to find nice houses built without any EP and this one is amazing! My sims even get to swim in the pond!
Thank you, thank you so much!! You made me a happy camper!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 8:43 AM
Ah, excellent, I've been wanting a nice stilt house

"Do you not think it a matter worthy of Lamentation that, while there are so many worlds, we have not yet conquered one?" - Alexander the Great
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 3:54 AM
i love the house please make more i dont have any eps moms to cheap lol so this house is grrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttttttt..................
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 7:14 PM
Just a clarification on Seasons:

This house works perfectly in Seasons. You can fish in the pond and it freezes over in winter. It keeps the weather out.

Thanks Ella!

NEW! LESS SUCKS SIGNATURE!

COLOR TAGS ACTUALLY REMOVED!
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 7:39 PM
Hey this is great do you take requests?

Isn't it funny how you always make fun of that one emo girl because she's different and then realize that you're the reason that she cries at night, and hides in the darkness?
I'm not laughing.
If ya look in the mirror and dont like watcha see you can find out first hand wat its like 2 be me. MCR
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 9:45 AM
How do you make swimmable lakes?
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 6:21 AM
I'm not so sure about the pond, I tryed to make one, and my sim ended up swimming everywhere instead of walking
Test Subject
#18 Old 9th May 2007 at 5:47 PM
Thanks this is great, I cant wait. I love small homes!

=) Sara

"Don't Sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things." - Dennis the Menace
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th May 2007 at 6:47 PM
Thanks for such a beautiful creation! :-) I tried it out with just the base game and my sim couldn't use the diving board and she couldn't get out of the pond... she couldn't use the ladder on the deck to get out and she started swimming all oveer the place in the whole house etc....??? Is there something I'm doing wrong...? Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th May 2007 at 4:20 PM
Did you move the ladder? And what do you mean by started swimming all over the whole house? Was she actually swimming, or was she just followed by animated waves and ripples? Because that can sometimes happen even with a regular pool.
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 12:51 AM
No, I didn't move the ladder... Just clicked on it for her to try to get out but no options appeared... Let me re-download and re-try again! Thanks Again! Will get back asap!
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:53 PM
I have installed this house on my computer, and I noticed a few problems with your house.

1. I had to move the ladder to get my sims able to get out of the pool.
2. When a sim was in the water and their carpool/bus arrived, they could not get out of the water and missed work/school. The game had to be restarted or in rare cases the sim was able to get out after the carpool/bus left.

Ultimately, I wound up taking the diving board and ladder off, and fencing the wholes in and using it as a secondary deck. For some reason the ladder keeps disapearing and turning into default stairs when I quit the game, but I think that's my computer o.O

Heytara
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 10:01 PM
That's very strange. I've heard of it sometimes being difficult to convince the sim to get out of the pool properly with this and other swimmable lake methods, but usually it will work if you queue "go here" or some other action outside the pool. As far as the ladder disappearing, I have no idea what could be causing it. Perhaps a problem with a later expansion? Maybe you've corrupted the pool ladders somehow? You should check to see that this doesn't happen to the pool ladders in your other houses, first.

I suggest posting in the tutorial thread.
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 9:13 PM
I have been having the same problem as Heytara, and have also found some fixes.

Moving the pool ladder to the side of the deck allows the sims to get out.
I tried the house on both Mac and Windows...
(I own both, and I was curious, felt like doing a expiriment)
The ladder leading up to the upper-level bedroom turns into Maxis stairs that go through the wall.
With windows, you don't get the stair glitch, and the sims get out of the pool easier.
Wow, that's weird huh? I'm pretty sure Tara was using mac, she has a few threads about it.
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 9:41 PM
best house ever!
Page 1 of 2