Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simsky's Antidisasta - exit the lot without saving when disaster strikes

by Dave Luv Posted 5th Mar 2007 at 2:06 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 5:44 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:11 PM
OMG awsome thanks!!!!!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:16 PM
that's so cool! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 7:36 PM
You should make this Q-X downloadable

Anything not made by Nintendo is Inferior!
Visit my site , www.-lil-cherri-berri-.piczo.com
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 7:36 PM
Ohhh, just beyond awesome. I always hated that the exit button was disabled (if we can cheat fiscally, shouldn't we be able to cheat an over-eager social worker?). I had to completely re-do a family I was making because both parents got abducted by aliens at the same time, leaving the toddler alone and the SW came and took him (no matter how many of them I killed off, they just kept coming!!). This is a much needed object; THANK YOU!!

Always,
Emma
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 11:08 PM
Looks is a very awesome MOD, has it been tested with Seasons yet?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 12:39 AM
Thanks to all for your messages.

jellygoose21: Yes, it was tested with Seasons
We tested this item for 36 hours in 3 people. We used each version of the game - all worked OK in each of them. We even tested on community lots. I wrote a few items for this testing - Burglar scheduler, Fire inducer - this helped us alot.

cyber_mouse: Does using Q-X help in sorting the game content? I've never used this download thingy, this is why I'm asking. If it allows sorting items to subfolders in Downloads according to filename syntax, I will add this option.

babydawl1880: Hehe, it once happened to me that the social worker came to take my Sim daughter. I was able to avoid it by switching to Windows and terminating the game from the task manager. This was when I got the idea to create this item

For all: I will continue in creating this kind of items (items for helping in case of various disasters). If somebody wants to help me, I would welcome a few testers with the newer game versions (FFS, Pets, Seasons) - it would speed up the progress. No programming skills are required, just a bit of free time.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 5:16 AM
Oh what a great idea, I tried everything to get rid of the social worker and I did with boolprop but could not exit the game. Thank You very much for this great mod.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 7:05 AM
This is great! I've been looking for something like this forever.

If you're looking for someone to test things for you, I would. I have Uni,NL,OFB,FFS,GL & Pets.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:35 AM
Hello Dave,

I tested it my game for you and got errors but once I deleted from buy mode, the game was fine. You mentioned that it has been tested in all EPs so it must have been a conflict with other mod's I have.

-Great item!!!! I hope you get the bugs out and goodluck
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by phantomgremlock
Hello Dave,

I tested it my game for you and got errors but once I deleted from buy mode, the game was fine. You mentioned that it has been tested in all EPs so it must have been a conflict with other mod's I have.

-Great item!!!! I hope you get the bugs out and goodluck

Hi, don't you have your game running in debug mode ? Many objects and NPC's simply can't run properly in this game mode.

This item has no conflicts with other mods, because it is not a global hack and it uses GUID from our registered range. The GUID range for our items is 0x001014xx (xx=00-FF, this item has 0D as the last part).

Check your game, it is theoretically possible somebody used our GUID range, in this case contact the author. This item periodically calls a core TS2 function for re-enabling the controls, it brings no problems even on lots with many items - I left the game running while watching TV, came back to it after 3 hours of autoplay (=21 simdays) - and no problem or slowdown happened .
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 6:31 PM
Awesome. Just awesome.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 1:36 AM
OH MY GOSH THANKS SO MUCH I ALWAY HAVE A DISASTER AND I CANT DO ANYTHING SO I JUST WAIT TILL EVERYBODY DIES lol
Field Researcher
#14 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Luv
Hi, don't you have your game running in debug mode ? Many objects and NPC's simply can't run properly in this game mode.

This item has no conflicts with other mods, because it is not a global hack and it uses GUID from our registered range. The GUID range for our items is 0x001014xx (xx=00-FF, this item has 0D as the last part).

Check your game, it is theoretically possible somebody used our GUID range, in this case contact the author. This item periodically calls a core TS2 function for re-enabling the controls, it brings no problems even on lots with many items - I left the game running while watching TV, came back to it after 3 hours of autoplay (=21 simdays) - and no problem or slowdown happened .

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

I found the culprits : I removed ClosefamilyOB MOD, zFOBmailboxhackz and the Updated Mailbox hack by Wintermuteai1

They created conflicts with your remote, made it impossible to use. I'll test your remote again.

-Thanks again ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 7:57 PM
I found the culprits : I removed ClosefamilyOB MOD, zFOBmailboxhackz and the Updated Mailbox hack by Wintermuteai1
They created conflicts with your remote, made it impossible to use. I'll test your remote again.
-Thanks again ^^

BTW Antidisasta is a "place it and forget it" item, it is not a clickable item. The reason is clear - the Sims would not be able to use it quickly in case of a disaster (their action queues are locked in many cases), so this item uses timer for periodical checks instead of clickable interactions.

If you meant something different, I expect the mentioned hacks clashed with each other, not with my remote It's possible e.g. the last mentioned 2 both changed the same global interactions related to mailboxes (according to their names). Just email me those hacks and I will tell you if they change the same global routines.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:14 AM
You're my HERO! Children sims freeze awfully fast and the social worker is often lurking around in winter, so thank you!

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 11:51 PM
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

-Thanks again ^^

Thank you for the information. I am getting an object error with this as well as with the Simsky multi alarm. I have only the zFOBmailboxhackz. Good to know where the conflict is. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ghogin
Thank you for the information. I am getting an object error with this as well as with the Simsky multi alarm. I have only the zFOBmailboxhackz. Good to know where the conflict is. Thanks!

If you have debug mode on while entering the lot, many user-created objects or NPCs will show errors. Check if this mode is off first.

If the mailbox hack has conflicts with regular objects (both Multi Alarm and Antidisasta are objects with new behavior, not global hacks), I recommend getting rid of that hack - it seems it would conflict with any user-created mods (Antidisasta and Multialarm are absolutely not related to each other). Seems that mod was designed for an older game version only, without being tested in newer EPs, where it may be in conflict with new Maxis global routines.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 6:24 AM
Hm, I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I exit without saving after disaster all the time...I like to test out how different situations would play out, and then I click to go to the neighborhood, and when it asks to save, I say no.
I must be missing something...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xodellabellaox
Hm, I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I exit without saving after disaster all the time...I like to test out how different situations would play out, and then I click to go to the neighborhood, and when it asks to save, I say no.
I must be missing something...

"Go to neighborhood" / "Quit the game" buttons are usually disabled in situations changing the number of Sims in the family. Just let your kids home alone for more than 2 hours - when the social worker comes to take your kid, it is not possible to quit / to buy something / to control the Simkid's action queue. This item unlocks the Neighborhood and Quit buttons in such case.

If you were able to quit the game in such a situation, you either used a global hack (I expect many packs of global hacks contain this kind of BHAV replacement) or e.g. the game was in debug mode. Antidisasta is not a global hack, which makes it compatible with all versions of the game.
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 1:04 PM Last edited by Tim The Sim : 30th Aug 2007 at 3:04 PM.
Thank You so much ! Now I don't have to wait for ages till the fire stops . Could You make one that enables you to go into buy and build mode when there is a fire?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Nov 2007 at 2:48 AM
This is excellent. I really don't like to accidentally kill sims (only on purpose), and this will let me escape and reload the lot.

An error has occurred. Unimplemented trap.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 6:44 PM
Love it
Excellent!!!! you did grate! love it!!
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 7:57 PM
Thank you so very much for this! I usually just get out of social workers by making the evil person selectable and killing them, but then the Save/Neighborhood/Quit things don't come back. I swear you just saved my life (or sims)!

~Paige
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babydawl1880
Ohhh, just beyond awesome. I always hated that the exit button was disabled (if we can cheat fiscally, shouldn't we be able to cheat an over-eager social worker?). I had to completely re-do a family I was making because both parents got abducted by aliens at the same time, leaving the toddler alone and the SW came and took him (no matter how many of them I killed off, they just kept coming!!). This is a much needed object; THANK YOU!!

Always,
Emma

Why didn't you just pause it, and change the time to when the parents came back? XD
Page 1 of 2