Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A non-freaky looking more realistic Ragdoll

by trullx0xman Posted 6th Mar 2007 at 7:09 AM - Updated 20th Nov 2008 at 4:24 AM by Canoodle

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 4:19 PM
Heehee. These are cute. Sorta. I think your screenshot is wierd or your graphics is making the cat somewhat square or something. Oo;'' Either that or I'm just wwwaaay to used to have superb graphics in my game. xD
This'll be a fun cat to play around with, though. My little sister got a black cat recently that has the personality of a ragdoll. If you pick him up, throw him in the air, squeeze him, and then accidentally step on him, he won't stop purring until you step on him. Then he'll meow quietly. xD But then, if my little sister got a cat that wasn't like that, the cat would be completely, horrifyingly annoyed with her after one day. xD
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IsolinaBlack
I'm just wwwaaay to used to have superb graphics in my game.

Arent we all? and btw it's nothing to do with their game, they've most probably edited the image in paint? Or not, cause paint makes things a lil pixelized, anyway, it's nothing to do with you and even alow end graphics card wouldnt do that to your pictures.
Love the cat by the way, it DOES look like a real cat!!

Anything not made by Nintendo is Inferior!
Visit my site , www.-lil-cherri-berri-.piczo.com
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 6:42 PM
Looks good will let you know when I get it in the game thanks posting!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 8:45 PM
Great looking cat, but would it be possible to make it more fluffy?

I LOVE ragdolls, one day I hope to own one- in real life that is

My Sims2 Blog: CLICKY ME.
Scholar
#6 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:12 PM
Very well done! The only critism I have is that it should have longer fur - fluffy like Angel ^ said

But well done
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:23 PM
We need more options for creating cats and stuff. More advanced fur styles and more patterns for colors.

Did the best you could with all those lame building materials. Wish we had better materials to use to make stuff though

*Squeak*
Alchemist
#8 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:38 PM
Your siamese cat is so cute.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 9:42 PM
Thanks so much for this. I love Ragdoll cats, and you definitely did the breed justice (and then some!)
Thank you for your excellent little kitty!
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 10:08 PM
At last a ragdoll that looks like a REAL cat! Thanks
Forum Resident
#11 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 6:41 AM
Thank you! The ragdoll that camewith the game scared me too! I have a ragamuffin cat which is a sub-breed of the ragdoll and I could never have another type, I have completly fallen in love with the breed.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 7:20 AM Last edited by trullx0xman : 11th Mar 2007 at 8:24 AM. Reason: To fix it
-FIXED- Now has more fur!

Is Trull. Is good.
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 1:00 AM
So cute. its very well done i love ragdolls eyes, they're vere enchanting.
I have an Abyssinian myself, so i'm not use to lazy lap cats ha, i want a ragdoll though.
this is fantastic though. *downloads*

Hush baby don't talk too much, just wanna feel your touch...
Theorist
#14 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 9:15 AM
Great Work Thanks
Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 1:49 AM
Hehe, I own a ragdoll in real life, and she is the light of my life; my lil' baby. Her name is Luca, and she looks exactly like the ragdoll in your pictures.

Great job!

♪ I'm a Sound Ninja! Weeeeeee!!! ♪ *runs into wall*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 10:48 AM
heh, at least mila's not alone (mila is the name of my friends cat incase you didn't know) *creates luca on sims 2* Mila, meet luca! Ooooh cat fight!

Is Trull. Is good.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 8:15 PM
Hmmm... sorry, it looks more like a Thai to me, than a Ragdoll.
But if it would be a Thai it would be perfect :D

*stays with her own Sim Raggies*
But your seal points have a better color than mine
Field Researcher
#18 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 11:47 AM
So cute ^_^
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 2:53 PM
YAY ^^ i have a ragdoll, he´s 5 moths on monday this looks great *downloading*
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd May 2007 at 1:59 AM
Awww yay! This totally makes my day! I have a ragdoll in real life, and he's terribly snooty and obsessed with his fur, so I figured that it's only right if I perfect him for my ingame sims. I was pretty upset with the ragdoll that maxis made, but this one is awesome. Thank you!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 12:21 AM
I too was a little disappointed with the Maxis cats overall. I guess that when you've looked at them as long as we have in real life... Don't worry about comments that it doesn't look "ragdoll" enough. They're quite variable and aren't limited to being pointed. They aren't always really fluffy either. At least my breed book examples aren't. It's looks very cute and I'm eager to try it.

You look sharper than a page of Oscar Wilde's witticisms that have been rolled up to a point, sprinkled with lemon juice and jabbed into someone's eye.
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 2:03 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww it looks EXACTLY like a Siamese Cat. I LOVE siamese cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The San Sebastian Resort is ready and up!!!!!!!!Its finished and HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!ON MTS2!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 1:32 AM
Aw, so cute. The Ragdoll Maxis made freaks me out. I can't wait to see it in game.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cyber_mouse
Arent we all? and btw it's nothing to do with their game, they've most probably edited the image in paint? Or not, cause paint makes things a lil pixelized, anyway, it's nothing to do with you and even alow end graphics card wouldnt do that to your pictures.

Actually, it has nothing to do with either the graphics card or the editor. It was saved as a GIF, and low-quality GIFs almost always look strange.

Very nice work on the cat! Maxis options are quite restrictive, so it's nice to see someone making the most of them.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 7:34 PM
I have a ragamuffin with tabby stripes, I have been trying to create her alter-ego for almost a year. I hope using your cat here it will look something like her.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Page 1 of 2