Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Starbucks Coffee Lighted Shop Signs

by zeroth Posted 10th Mar 2007 at 12:51 AM - Updated 19th Mar 2007 at 6:06 PM by zeroth

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 12:56 AM
This is the what exactly ive been waiting for smeone to make.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 1:24 AM
very nice. I hope that you don't have to take it down.... there was a whole conflict on the Creator Feedback Forum about starbucks coffe sets and how it shouldn't be uploaded. I love what you've done and hope it gets to stay. I'm gonna snag this one.....

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 3:55 AM
this is the kind of object we need more of ! more and more realistic signs. This will look great in my suburban plaza, thanks!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 4:21 AM
Fabulous sign!!!!!! I love the realism of it and everything. Great job!

Thank you for creating and sharing it!
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:23 AM
Great, I was wanting something like this!
Oh, and thanks for the white sign, where I live many Starbucks have it.
(btw, I think the problem the other site had with the Starbucks set is that it was a donation set)

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 4:39 AM
Excellent! I love these real life shop signs people make. Makes my Sims game that little bit better!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 5:59 AM
**drools**
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 5:23 PM
Awesome!!Thanks.

k a t i e r o b

Like the SoCal surf scene?If so...your deff gonna want to check out my sims.

For some links to some sweet surf/skate sims2 downloads...checkout my journal [which will be up soon hopefully]

Please DO NOT upload my sims to the exchange.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 4:42 AM
can you do a non-NL one doesnt matter if it doesnt light up
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 12:08 PM
Starbucksss..Simbucks now hehehe. Thank you for this.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 12:37 PM
Thank you so much! But where do the letters show in the game? I can't find their category...

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UtopiaGlam
But where do the letters show in the game? I can't find their category...

Under "Decorative / Micellaneous". The text sign costs §1500, so you'll have to scroll to the end. I have updated the main post with this info.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 1:46 AM
Default You rock my world!!
First starbucks coffee and now the sign and logo!! I think you officially have rocked my world. Yay starbucks!! ^^

Quote:
it's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you

~*Cheyenne*~
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 1:50 PM
Thank you. I had searched them in the good category, but didn't know they were only available on community lots.

ONLY LOVE IS REVOLUTIONARY
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 7:19 AM
Nicely done. Though I was wondering why the outer round sign was so low to the ground, till I looked at the image in here and noticed that you made it for a 2-story shop. Any chance of you making one so that it won't hang so low for a single story? Also, the other round sign that must be up against a wall... is that meant for outside or inside use? And I looked all over for the actual lettered sign but never found it in any section. Any reason for this?

I also noticed that your images claim that these signs light up, yet they are found in the decoration categories. Why not place them into the lights categories if they all light up?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 4:19 PM Last edited by zeroth : 28th Mar 2007 at 6:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by RitoruBushi
Nicely done. Though I was wondering why the outer round sign was so low to the ground, till I looked at the image in here and noticed that you made it for a 2-story shop. Any chance of you making one so that it won't hang so low for a single story? Also, the other round sign that must be up against a wall... is that meant for outside or inside use? And I looked all over for the actual lettered sign but never found it in any section. Any reason for this?

I also noticed that your images claim that these signs light up, yet they are found in the decoration categories. Why not place them into the lights categories if they all light up?

• I do plan to make a version of that sign which is higher off the ground for a single-storey shop. Check back at the beginning of May.
• The other round sign (which appears to hang from the ceiling but, because of the object I based it on, will have to be placed against a wall if you don't use moveobjects) is meant to be used indoors. In the screenshot, it's hanging inside the front window, and that's where I've always seen them in real Starbucks stores.
• The large lettered sign is in Decorative/Miscellaneous, but it costs something like §1500, so you have to page to the end of the section.
• They are not in the Lights category because they don't actually cast any light; they just change their appearance to give the illusion of inner light. The object on which I based them, the "Signs of Elliptical Joy", also has this characteristic, and is also in the Decorative/Miscellaneous sort.
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroth
• The large lettered sign is in Decorative/Miscellaneous, but it costs something like §1500, so you have to page to the end of the section.

You already stated this in another, previous post when someone asked you where it would show up, which I already read. I am asking why it doesn't show up at all in that section, even towards the end. No where in any of the Decorative sections, even the Miscellaneous section. It's just not there. I looked in every section at every item in-game and it doesn't show up anywhere.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 10:02 PM
The only other thing I will point out is that they don't show up if you're not on a Community lot. If you're still having problems, I'm sorry, but I don't know what the problem is... all I know is it shows up in my game. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 3:04 AM
I'm on a community lot. I was building a skating rink (ice and roller) and wanted to put a mini Starbucks on there, and this is when I first discovered this problem.

I'm starting to wonder if this is yet another one of those stupid issues that solves itself. This game seems to be teeming with them.
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 4:47 AM
Well... not sure why, but it's showing up finally.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 6:34 AM
Now my Sims can be addicted to Starbucks also!

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 1:14 AM
This looks great! Thanks for sharing!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law!
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 8:26 PM
This is awesome! Just one question , Is this found under comunity lots ? Because im doing a sims movie ad i need it in one of my residential lots. Please Reply Back!
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zeroth
The only other thing I will point out is that they don't show up if you're not on a Community lot. If you're still having problems, I'm sorry, but I don't know what the problem is... all I know is it shows up in my game. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Yes actually im having the same problem. Because im making a sims movie and i dont want to have to go back and forth between community lots. And i found that it only shows up in comunity
Is there any way i can get it to residential?? Please reply
Page 1 of 2