Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Open Frame Wrought Iron Stairs [ recolourable ]

by Reyn Posted 16th Mar 2007 at 2:50 PM

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 3:02 PM
It is nice to have some substantial stairs, thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 3:03 PM
Thank you! I never really use the wrought iron stairs inside a house because of those posts (they just look ugly to me) so you've just made a Maxis item way more useful. Keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 3:53 PM
Thank you so much! I, too, have avoided the Maxis stairs because the posts ruin them. Now I can use them! Besides, I was looking for more post-less stairs to download (I do a lot of circular stairwells in my buildings) so this is perfect both ways. Thanks again!

Quick question: do you need the notepad document in your Downloads folder, as well?
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 4:33 PM
That goes into the scriptorium modular stairs folder - there will be a shortcut in your downloads folder. If you don't already have it, click on the link in the main post. It is really easy to set up.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 5:13 PM
Oh great the real iron stairs without supports ! Here they are !
So your gold recolor will work too with that right ? hihihi
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 8:08 PM
Yes they will - any recolour of Numenor's wrought iron stairs will work with these.

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 8:48 AM
that is so much better!! I've always wanted this because the original just looks so ugly, basically the only stairs I use in the game lol
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 9:45 PM
Thank you!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 30th May 2007 at 5:31 AM
beautiful, Reyn. Thank you! now I can remove Brasstex's single black version and use your recolorable one! Makes me a very happy simmer.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 7:03 PM
Thanks, Reyn. I will definitely try these. Now my sims won't have to endure the indoor shrubbery to hide the hideous posts under the stairs hihihi
Field Researcher
#12 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 5:33 AM Last edited by whitesiren : 1st Sep 2007 at 5:39 AM.
Thanks for the stairs.

I thought you should know that these stairs share the same number (1302) as these: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=247067.
If the user changes the txt file in their game on one of the packages to a different one there shouldn't be a problem.
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 7:22 PM
Hey I downloaded this file and the recolor file thing and I put the text file in to the stair case Scriptorium file, but the stairs don't show up in my game.
Is there a reason for that? Did I not something correct?
Please reply because I really want to use these stairs.
Inventor
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 2:01 PM
Do you have the falling water stairs too? *points up at the post above* I missed this too, but it looks like someone else thinks numerically like me.

Check all the stairs you have, and just modify the text file number to something not used on another.

Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 1:09 PM
It's the only scriptorum I have, but I'll check
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 9:42 PM
Let me know - if not, I'll see what else might be causing the problem.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 3:40 PM
The stairs really went nice. I love it!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#18 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 4:28 AM
The default stairs were always among my favorites, but one day I starting thinking to myself "I wish they didn't have the little support poles, hey let me check MTS!" So I looked around and found these, and it was exactly what I was looking for! Add in all the recolors I downloaded and now it's even better.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 3:51 AM
Parabens, Otimo Trabalho. Amei
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 2:29 AM
Exactly what I need for the house I'm creating.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 6:24 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 9:57 PM
Please make this for Sims 4