Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fancy Butts! Half Cove shingle siding - 46 colors

by JLonier Posted 5th Apr 2007 at 3:33 PM - Updated 3rd May 2007 at 6:43 AM by JLonier

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 12:35 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I think it is time to go build.
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 1:09 PM
Well done !

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 1:26 PM
ooh thankyou for these - I have them on the top half of my house in RL!!

In memory of my sister who died suddenly on 25th April,2005. Mum and I love you, hun, and we miss you so much. xx
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 2:38 PM
These look great, and I just wanted to say I look forward to the time when you might recolor/mesh objects. Your wall and floor work is really great.
Inventor
#6 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 3:09 PM
These are great, thanks!

Curvalicious Sims 2 (My website, only sims 2 stuff currently)Curvalicious Sims2

For more great content check out PMBD

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 6:02 PM
Wow. Your obsessive attention to detail is amazing. These look great.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 6:58 PM
Wonderful work
I bet this project took a long time. Thank you for making these beautiful walls, siding for us. I just love them. I to creat and I realy do appreciat other creators hard work.

Best wishes for Easter too,
Tricia

:lovestruc
Attached Images

There are no short cuts to a place worth going!
Thankyou for your creative works of art.
They are well appreciated. AKA: Tricia
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 4:11 AM
You said fancy butts...*giggles like a 5 year old*

Again, fantastic exteriors! I agree with Corylea, your attention to detail is what makes your work so superior. Thank you.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:03 AM
Thank you, everyone! I'm so pleased you like them as they were a lot of work. More coming soon.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 11:50 PM
I LOVE the window with the flower box! Where can I get that?
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:18 AM
The windows are MaryLou's belhooven expansion set found here.

The flower box is Nengi's found here.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 10:22 PM
Wow!! You really outdid yourself. These are absolutely gorgeous and the tulip grove ones are perfect matches so you don't have to use the ones with the downstairs trim for the other floors you can mix and match now with some fantastic results. Thank you.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PegasusDiana
Wow!! You really outdid yourself. These are absolutely gorgeous and the tulip grove ones are perfect matches so you don't have to use the ones with the downstairs trim for the other floors you can mix and match now with some fantastic results. Thank you.

Yea! I've been hoping to hear from someone who'd seen them in game. I'm very pleased to hear they'll work out decoratively! As I'm sure you know that's what the fancy siding's were all about.

Thank you for coming back and letting me know!

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JLonier
Yea! I've been hoping to hear from someone who'd seen them in game. I'm very pleased to hear they'll work out decoratively! As I'm sure you know that's what the fancy siding's were all about.

Thank you for coming back and letting me know!

I always try to try everything out in my game before I comment, then come back and comment. I saw these before you actually posted them, so I nabbed the pastel one's right away. Love how they look in game, as well. I think I've downloaded them all now, but I've only used the Pastel and now these. I am so happy with how these look/match and that I can actually mix them on the surrounding walls to get a different effect like for a breakfast nook and it works. So I was able to give some of my existing houses a little face lift without a drastic change. Now what I was thinking is I wonder how these would look in just like a shade or two darker than the wall as a roof tile? I know, I'm gonna make you crazy...lol
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 7:21 PM Last edited by JLonier : 17th Apr 2007 at 10:08 PM.
Ooo, I dunno if they actually exist in RL as rooftiles, but I bet they'd look good. I have actually looked into making roofs, but it's not as simple as just making a floor tile. It's a recolor and when I opened the template for them it was a bit befuddling. More so than bedding which is what I'm working on in-between fancy butts so I don't completely loose my mind. I do (I think) have a colorless 256x256 of the half cove shingles. I know I've got the 256x768 and I can dig around. So if you (I know, I've got young 'uns and absolutely no artistic talent at all) would like to give it a go yourself or know someone else who's willing... I'm more than happy to cough up my textures.

But what a good idea, lady! I'll definitely keep it in the back of my mind.

Forum Resident
#17 Old 1st May 2007 at 7:58 PM
oh congrats congrats on the feature!!

Subtle In Spades
Greatest Dad Ever
#18 Old 1st May 2007 at 10:57 PM
Congrats on the Feature and Welcome to the featured artists club !!!!!!

These walls are very cool looking !!!!
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:11 AM
So sad, nengi65 seems to have closed down. I wonder if she would allow those window boxes being presented by someone else.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:11 AM
The texture looks fabulous! Thank you for all the great colors as well.
#21 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:36 AM
Great job!

I bet it feels good to be featured
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd May 2007 at 6:02 AM
This is excellent! Congrats!

--green

It's a neighborhood legacy
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd May 2007 at 6:33 AM
You must be so proud...

Not many walls get fearured. Congratulations!
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd May 2007 at 6:41 AM Last edited by JLonier : 2nd May 2007 at 7:24 AM.
Thank you everyone!

Motherspet, I used Nengi's flower boxes in my screen shot before she retired and I'm not presenting them as mine. Only the siding. Regardless, she had a very generous use policy and the general consensus seems to be that we can continue using her things in uploaded lots as long we give credit. There is actually a thread about this topic (started by me) in the building discussion forum.

Forum Resident
#25 Old 2nd May 2007 at 8:59 PM
Very nice!!! But...."butts"? What exactly do you mean by "butts"? I didn't know windows had 'em. :D
Page 1 of 2