Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Garden Plants Mod - No Quality Loss Due to Weeds, Bugs, Snow and Overwatering

by mike_1102 Posted 25th Apr 2007 at 5:57 PM - Updated 28th Sep 2008 at 7:31 PM by mike_1102

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 8:40 PM
Awesome! Now if I could get my hands on a mod that didn't make my whole plant disappear after harvesting (how much sense does that make?), I'd be set! Thank you for sharing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zelia Theb
Awesome! Now if I could get my hands on a mod that didn't make my whole plant disappear after harvesting (how much sense does that make?), I'd be set! Thank you for sharing!

thanx for the idea. i think i'm gonna work on it!
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 10:09 PM
Great idea! Thank you for sharing.

Pat
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 11:24 PM
That's quite a good idea. However I like the pride that comes with my pants being the healthiest thay can though hard work - so I'm not going to download, but I do like the fact you've made it.

well it's funny you should ask because i do think rod is gay.
i always have. but, you know; i figured if he wanted to tell me he would.
so, yes, definitely, i would say that my buddy rod is a closeted homosexual.
nicky! how could you say that about me?
Instructor
#6 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 3:49 AM
wow wow wow\

great , great, thank you thank you :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zelia Theb

I agree that this is a great idea!

I don't *think* I'm going to download this one though, because I think I rather like that I have to work hard to keep my plants healthy. I may cave and come back for it later though.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 12:04 PM
I also agree that this is a great idea. Right now, I like having my sims work in the garden, especially the kids, after school when their fun motives are down. I'm just glad to know that such a hack exists and will definitely download as soon as I'm sick of gardening, so thanks!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mike_1102
thanx for the idea. i think i'm gonna work on it!

ooh! plants that don't disappear! this is one of my Seasons wishes, too. because once you harvest a plant, in real life, they don't disappear... and you don't have to keep buying seeds over and over. your garden mods are very handy! :D

DDO
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 9:35 PM Last edited by daysies : 26th Apr 2007 at 9:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by NeitherSparky
I don't *think* I'm going to download this one though, because I think I rather like that I have to work hard to keep my plants healthy. I may cave and come back for it later though.

I have TwoJeffs' perfect gardens hack that prevents weeds because weeds never appear. I already played a complete round of Seasons without any mods so I got quickly tired of pulling up weeds, spraying, talking to, and watering my gardens. It's a great mod, regardless! It'll fit someone's style of gameplay.

DDO
Theorist
#11 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 10:53 PM
Thank you!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 6:44 PM
Thanks for the mod, do you know a mod that lets you buy a harvesable plant because that and this one would be great. Thanks once more for this mod/hack.

"Okay, I know what you're thinking. Eick, bad guy. You think I'm a super-villain like Dr. Doom or Apocalypse or-or The Riddler. But I admit I went over to the dark side, but just to pick up a few things, a-and now I'm back. I've learned. I'm good again."
Eick (Eickley)
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd May 2007 at 12:52 AM
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 5:23 AM
This is great - thanks for sharing

Formerly known as boolPropped
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 9:35 PM
Thank you for all of your hard work and helping us Gardeners. I enjoy playing as realistic a game as possible, but there are times/occasions when reducing repetition is more important.
To add to the realisim, i wish for a mod that removes the Freshness Bonus from Produce/Fruit/Fish when added to my fridge for cooking. I love gardening, but my sims end up with WAY too much food, and it fulfills hunger WAY too much.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 1:09 PM
Is it compatible with Freetime?
Thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd May 2008 at 2:03 AM
um yeah i would very happily ad smileys and that stuff but it doesent work yes i do know how t extract and download blah blah blah yes i have seasons, and if u have any suggestions pleasesend a message cause this suckss having to enturupt my sims i always have to cheat!
BugMeNot.com
#18 Old 26th May 2008 at 6:05 PM
I would like to point out that the plants still die if you don't harvest on time.

Fail! (but not epic fail because there's much good in this mod)
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 8:46 PM
Hey this mod is great! Do you think you could also create a mod that makes it so that you don't need to care for (water/weed/ect.) all the plants in the game (the seasons plants AND the base game plants)? So that who ever has the mod always has a prefect garden? If you could, that'd rock! <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buggygirl962
Hey this mod is great! Do you think you could also create a mod that makes it so that you don't need to care for (water/weed/ect.) all the plants in the game (the seasons plants AND the base game plants)? So that who ever has the mod always has a prefect garden? If you could, that'd rock! <3

Such mod already exists. Try searching for the TwoJeff's perfect garden hack mentioned by Daysies above your post.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th May 2009 at 12:15 PM
OMG THANK U SO MUCH now my medevil pesents won't go hungry
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 1:08 AM
THANKYOU!!! i love the gardens in sims but i cant run them without my plantsims talking to them :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 8:16 AM
if sims 2 wasn't so old i'd ask if we could make one that just made only weeds not affect them, that way you'd still have to work somewhat. i'm harvesting a whole farm of plants and sadly during the harvesting the plants went from thriving to sickly so profits declined as harvesting took place, so downloading now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 4:19 PM
merci beaucoup!!:)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:02 PM
thanks man
Page 1 of 2