Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fixed Mighty Dining (Update July 1st, Chairs/Textures!!!)

by harpy0 Posted 20th Jun 2007 at 5:23 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 5:48 PM by -Maylin-

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:48 AM
thanks! perfect, just what I was looking for!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:10 AM
Thank you, I've been wanting some thing like this for awhile now. It's perfect, thanks for sharing!!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:26 AM
A BIG THANK YOU
Use the grid cheat to make long tables was boring me

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:39 AM
yay!

thank you!

How many abstract artists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Bicycle.
#6 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 7:07 AM
very awsome great idea thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 7:25 AM
Wow...thank you SO much for this!! Fabulous idea & so badly needed, love this!
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 7:59 AM
Its a great creation.Thank you SO MUCH for sharing it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 8:53 AM
I love it!!!! Thank you for sharing.
Scholar
#10 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 10:59 AM
Excellent idea and fine realisation ! harpy0 and thank you for sharing !

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 2:29 PM
That dining tabke would be awesome for a remake of Call Me When Your Sober! I'd just have to get the sim to walk on it...... Awesome anyway!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 3:30 PM
Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!! How long have I been waiting for this? Fantastic. Just a little question for all intents and purposes does the game see it as one table when it is joined together?

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool...
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 4:16 PM
good job... I can finally make a massive dining hall with a massive table, can't wait for the chairs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:07 PM Last edited by harpy0 : 20th Jun 2007 at 5:14 PM.
Phantom Smiley, I'm not sure what you mean, but the table looks like one object in the game; however, once the table is placed, the game still knows that they are multiple objects. It functions as a normal table.

Thanks everyone. I'm really glad yall like it.
Not actually evil.
#15 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 7:22 PM
Hurray! Awesome table for cafeteria, conference centers, monasteries, castles, wheee!
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harpy0
Phantom Smiley, I'm not sure what you mean, but the table looks like one object in the game; however, once the table is placed, the game still knows that they are multiple objects. It functions as a normal table.

Thanks everyone. I'm really glad yall like it.

Thanks harpy0 you pretty much answered my question I was wondering really in terms of community outings where you have to fit everyone onto 2 tables whether it would see it as one big table or several small tables. It doesn't really matter though because I have LOADS of uses for it anyway. Thank you for all your hard work :lovestruc

Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 9:46 AM
Oh I see. In that case, yes, it is definately processed as multiple tables, sorry.

It takes all kinds of people to make a world!
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 6:30 PM
I seem to have a problem.... I downloaded your wonderful table but can't seem to find it in the game... It appears that, after checking the download files, there is only two recolors for the tables and not the table mesh. Could you please help by either telling me where I can find it in the game or if there is another file I need first? Thank You
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by los_lobos69
I seem to have a problem.... I downloaded your wonderful table but can't seem to find it in the game... It appears that, after checking the download files, there is only two recolors for the tables and not the table mesh. Could you please help by either telling me where I can find it in the game or if there is another file I need first? Thank You

You can access the table in Buy Mode under Surfaces>Tables>then scroll towards the end of your tables, the price is $999. The chair can, of course, be found under Seating>Dining Chairs.

If you do not have these files in your catalog then chances are, there is a problem with your download. Perhaps a kink in the connection at the time, download the folder again, saving over what you had before. When the download is complete, check the filesize to make sure you have downloaded the package properly. Everything is included in the files above, I'm 100% sure of it. I always download to double check my uploads.

Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 10:42 PM Last edited by los_lobos69 : 1st Jul 2007 at 1:23 AM. Reason: too big and not really clear.
I tried that three times because I REALLY like your table! Each time I got the same thing and no table... It appears that both your downloads are the same thing. Both have only the following files in them.
H0MightyDiningChair0607.package 458,479 Mesh, H0MightyDiningChairRec.package 354,362 Recolour
H0MightyDiningChairRec1.package 354,374 Recolour
H0MightyDiningChairRec2.package 354,374 Recolour
H0MightyDiningChairRec3.package 354,374 Recolour
H0MightyDiningChairRec4.package 354,374 Recolour
H0MightyLongTabEndRec3.package 177,273 Recolour
H0MightyLongTabEndRec4.package 177,273 Recolour
H0MightyLongTabLeafRec3.package 177,280 Recolour
H0MightyLongTabLeafRec4.package 177,274 Recolour H0MightyDiningChair0607.package
The table mesh and the recolor1 & 2 are missing. I even clicked on the "view content" button and they both list the same files I downloaded.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 5:09 AM Last edited by harpy0 : 1st Jul 2007 at 12:26 PM.
Okay thanks los lobos. I'm sorry, what happened was that when I zipped the update file to upload it the first time, I forgot to change the name (default "Downloads"), so it uploaded over the table mesh files. I thought it messed up because of my dial-up connection. I realized that the name needed to be changed at the last minute and, hence, it was changed and then added. I had tested the first download before I uploaded the new chair update, not after, that is why I didn't understand what had happened. I've fixed it now, and wanted to thank you for pointing it out.

Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 1:26 PM
You are more than welcome. It works great! It is just what I have needed! Thank you so much!
Instructor
#23 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 9:48 PM
Cool! Thanks

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Test Subject
#24 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 1:41 PM
Well, I downloaded all those files, and put them into the Downloads folder. And when I started the game, an error message popped up and the game shut. I took those just downloaded files out of the folder, and the game worked again. So could there be one single file causing this problem, or are they all corrupted?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 7:34 PM
Another person seems to be having a problem with the chair, so I have temporarily removed that file; however, the table is working fine. I will fix this problem once final exams are over at school. This is the first I've heard of any problems with these objects, and I used them in my game on several occasions (hince the screenshots). I will try my best to get them working for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Page 1 of 2