Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Celtic style cross that has over 130 scriptures available to read!!!

by KevinsHope Posted 4th Jul 2007 at 6:17 AM - Updated 5th Jul 2007 at 10:40 PM by KevinsHope

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 92 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:22 AM
Oh, that's really cool. Not the sort of thing I'd use personally, not being Christian (or religious in general) but the beauty of the object and the work that has been put into it is appreciated. Nicely done.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:24 AM
Thanks...I think it is super cool that you can appreciate it even though you don't share the faith that was behind it. Thanks Hysterical paroxysm.

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]I think that the only real way to be hypocrisy free is to stand up for nothing…and I’d rather deal with sometimes being a hypocrite than wake up one day, prostrate in my own apathy.
. *Me*
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:26 AM
Realy cool idea and perfect for a church thank you for making this greatobject

They tell us everything's alright and we just go along;
How can we fall asleep at night when something's clearly wrong?
When we can feed a starving world with what we throw away;
But all we serve are empty words that always tastes the same...

Nickelback - When We Stand Together
Alchemist
#5 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:28 AM
Your cross is so wonderful. I can't wait to read your book in my game.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:32 AM
Thanks...wow...didn't expect such an immediate and positive response.

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]I think that the only real way to be hypocrisy free is to stand up for nothing…and I’d rather deal with sometimes being a hypocrite than wake up one day, prostrate in my own apathy.
. *Me*
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:41 AM
Wow! im not a very religious person myself, although alot of stuff in the bible is good advice to being a happier, kinder person, but anyway this looks beautiful and its obveous you put alot of time and hard work into it. Thanx, This is definately going in my game.

"When we view something contrary to custom we assign it a monstrous quality. We infer based on that something's lack of ordinariness that it is disgusting or somehow linked to something inhumane, in some cases one might say uncivilized." ~ Lady GaGa
Forum Resident
#8 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:46 AM
Wow, what a wonderful thing to bring to the sims....thankyou!!
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 7:54 AM
I think it is a wonderful idea to create such a thing. As a Christian myself (Irish Catholic), I praise you for creating such a object. Thank you for your work and effort you put into this.

Please check me out at Sims Crossing Please do not upload any of my lots,clothing, or other creations to other sites!
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 8:05 AM
Thank you so very much. As a christian myself, I think this absolutely wonderful to put into personal games. I thank you for the effort and time you put into this, God bless you abundantly.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 8:29 AM
I too want to thank you for the post. Been a fan of your items for a while now, keep up the Good Work!

And remember my brothers and sisters in Christ - there's a difference between Religion and Christianity. Christianity is about having a close and personal relationship with Christ - religion doesn't have it, nor does it understand it.

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
Scholar
#12 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 9:02 AM
What a wonderful idea, and you executed it so well! Excellent work; it's nice to see someone making Christian objects.

And Baskar, well said! I completely agree. Religion and Christianity have nothing to do with each other.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 9:21 AM
It looks great. Wonderful work. I have to download it.

ERRARE HVMANVM EST
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 9:52 AM
This is an absolutely fabulous idea, especially considering the lack of spiritual items available for the game. I'ts beautifully done, very unique, and a superb display of faith. Excellent idea, great work, and thank you.

Your Grandma Loves Me.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 10:26 AM
some weeks ago i created a convent school with nuns. your cross will fit perfect!!!
it is really a wonderful idea and you did a great job! thank you!
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 10:41 AM
You are REALLY wonderful and talented creator ))) Thanks, thanks, thanks!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 10:43 AM
im not religious but im going to download this because i love it.

'-.~<:'.,.$Ug@R-Pu££-$@m.,.':>~.-'
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 10:52 AM
Sup?

This is really cool! the idea is totally original. Props.

But, just reading scripture isn't what makes you a christain. Just thought I'd point that out.
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 12:26 PM
I'm an atheist myself but I randomly give my sim families religions so I'll download this, besides though I'll likely never reconsile myself with Christianity I don't object to reading random bible quotes at leisure.

It's also nice to see some wise words and a pleasant chat about this stuff

oh also your object is very aesthetically pleasing.
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 1:11 PM
Thank you, this is beautiful. Being a Christian myself, I have encorporated my beliefs into my game and this item will go wonderfully in my church! God Bless!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ASH360
But, just reading scripture isn't what makes you a christain. Just thought I'd point that out.

You're right, but people aren't Christians because they read scriptures, it's vice versa.

Thank you very much, this is a fantastic work, I appreciate it very much!
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 2:04 PM
I have to admit, I'm not a fan of religion in general, but I love the Bible as a work and think it is written beautifully. This is a stunning piece and I will enjoy using it in my game for my sims. :3
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 2:25 PM
this is a really amazing idea and it looks amazing too thanks for sharing with us
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 3:21 PM
Wow, this is beautiful! It's absolutely perfect, and I couldn't be happier with it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us . God bless you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ASH360
Sup?

This is really cool! the idea is totally original. Props.

NO...reading scripture doesn't. When you get this in your game, click on the option, "What it means to be a Christian..." and see what you get. I think you will like it.

. *Me*
Page 1 of 5