Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 12:21 AM
={ I don't know how to make anything. I only know how to recolor. ={ I'll be voting though. I like that fact that us "non creators" are still able to participate. Excellent idea!!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 1:37 AM
Hey, recolours are most welcome!!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:24 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun, especially for creators suffering from 'simblock'!
Not interested in this particular challenge but i look forward to hearing what the next is! :D

Great idea!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#54 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tubbyplayer
Numenor, Marylou, and FeeEssen are probably gonna win lol

I'm not going to join in the Challenge , the ancient times are not my favourites (let's not mention my grades in History, when I was in school )...

But I've created a beautiful trophy exclusively for the Challenge: it will be assigned to creators that submit an upload of exceptional quality!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:13 PM
thats a really cool idea
Field Researcher
#56 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 3:38 PM
After the challenge is over and the challenge area opened up to everyone, will the uploads submitted for the challenge also be available in the categories that they normally would have been in? Will someone's Greek amphitheater lot be in the lot section as well as the challenge section?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#57 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 9:09 PM
FennShysa - I believe it will be in the challenge area. Smart uploaders will give their uploads good tags, so that the search engine will happily find things for people. I also expect that the special topic items will get more attention in their own theme area than if they were scattered among the normal downloads.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 11:32 PM
Brilliant idea, too bad i have no clue as to how to make ancient sim things, so i guess ill be on the outside looking in.smiling. :D
Test Subject
#59 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 11:46 PM Last edited by sherlee_80 : 17th Jul 2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: I messed up when I typed it the first time....proof-read sherlee DUH!
Question! Can we use things already created by other people on MTS2 as long as we follow the same rules for regular use of someone else's creations? For example, say I want to create a lot and want to use windows that someone else has already uploaded on MTS2. Is this allowed? Thanks for your time.
Test Subject
#60 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluemoon11
o.O I'll see what I can do! I haven't uploaded anything for far too long. I'm feeling creative!

What do you all think of Vikings?

bluemoon11...I think Vikings is an awesome idea!! Way to work those brain muscles.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#61 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:14 AM
sherlee_80, if you want to use custom content in your house you need to check the creator's policies - usually they will say 'yes with credit'. You can always PM them to ask for permission if their public policy is not clear or seems to say 'no'.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:51 AM
tiggerypum - i meant for the creator's challenge...sorry i forgot to put that. Are we allow to use other people's creations in our creation for the challenge?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#63 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:56 AM
At the top of the page is the drop down menu "Create". Click on "Creator Guidelines" . All the information you need is included in the links on that page. Read all the general guidelines and then read the guidelines for the content you are planning on uploading.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#64 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 5:21 AM
sherlee_80,
If you are making a lot, then yes of course you can use content from others - same rules as always apply to the site uploads. As long as there is permission it's fine to include it.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 1:05 PM
All the same rules apply to challenges as to normal uploads. Just to clarify.

#66 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:52 PM
why can't I use Q-Xpress anymore on the site?
I was just wondering why can't i use q-xpress on here anymore???
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 4:58 PM
That question needs to be asked in Site Issues, .:*:.Cutie wit' a booty:*

Test Subject
#68 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 7:38 PM
What exactly is meant by ancient? Old Kingdom Eygyt or futher back? There is a great number of years/even centuries between Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Ancient Eygpt, Ancient China and what was considered 'ancient' for Europe.

Is it considered ancient according to the country/world area or ancient bu certain dates?
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 9:02 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing next month's challenge
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 10:28 PM
I would be interested in joining the challenge i would like some info cause this is the first time take on a challenge.hope to hear from someone soon
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sherlee_80
bluemoon11...I think Vikings is an awesome idea!! Way to work those brain muscles.

lol thanks! If you see a good hair mesh with a helmet and horns let me know! I'm off to look on SapphireSims, they might have something there!

The real John McCain

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
-Albert Schweitzer
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 18th Jul 2007 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluemoon11
lol thanks! If you see a good hair mesh with a helmet and horns let me know! I'm off to look on SapphireSims, they might have something there!

Unless my memory fails maxis had viking helmets meshes in base game? Or was it OFB? Sorry for not remembering exactly but take a look in your game lol

You will find my older and newest creations here
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#73 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 7:46 AM
Oh how exciting! I adore MONTH long challenges/contests - given my ability to be distracted by shiny things over there---> or over there <---- or up there ^ I so need the time =)

Great idea !!! Looking forward to seeing all the stuff peops come up with.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 10:50 AM
looks very interesting! Definately going to give it a try! :P
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 12:16 PM
I want to know who is winner ! I can't wait !
Page 3 of 8